Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2018, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The thing is, fandom is a small part of the general audience, it seems much bigger to us and although most people that are a part of “fandom” ship bellarke, Jason can get away with never making them canon because the general audience doesn’t care about ships.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 09-24-2018, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
Honestly, it's cruel to string the shippers along for this long but I anticipate for it to continue because Bellarkers will continue to take the bait, somehow.
It really is
Old 09-24-2018, 08:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little chaos (View Post)
, Jason can get away with never making them canon because the general audience doesn’t care about ships.
yeah i agree but its not the general audience that goes in comiccons and im sure he will miss if people stop to talk about the show and the shippers too
i remember past days when that bellarke fandon ended in twitter couple days later jason announced bellarke at ny of course maybe did not mean a thing but there is a 1% of chance he cares a little

Quote:
The traitor who you love line definitely felt significant,.
and what about that jason´s tweet he says´´ we stick the landing ´´in that episode?
Old 09-24-2018, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm trying not to read too much into what he tweeted after that episode, Caroline, but it's tempting. It is an interesting tweet. Not sure what he meant about sticking the landing. Not sure I care anymore. I respect that Jason created the show and these characters, but on a personality level, I'm over him.

Quote:
The thing is, fandom is a small part of the general audience, it seems much bigger to us and although most people that are a part of “fandom” ship bellarke, Jason can get away with never making them canon because the general audience doesn’t care about ships.
I think not making them canon would damage the show's legacy a bit, to be honest. It'll be "that show that never put Bellarke together" AND "that show that killed off a popular lesbian character." I hate to say that, but it's true.

God, I hate that word, though, canon. And I hate that I've been using it so much lately.
ICON
Old 09-24-2018, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I never really pay attention to what Jason tweets or says in the interviews lol
Old 09-25-2018, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That’s wise. To be fair, he has said some spot-on things in the past, like the head and the heart stuff, the things about how Bellamy inspires the masses but Clarke inspires Bellamy. But sometimes that man’s interaction with the fan base is just head-scratching to me. And I think a lot of casual fans do expect Bellarke to get together, too. I know plenty of casual fans, and they all think they should happen. So . . . I don’t know why he seems so out of touch with that sometimes.
ICON
Old 09-25-2018, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I think not making them canon would damage the show's legacy a bit, to be honest. It'll be "that show that never put Bellarke together" AND "that show that killed off a popular lesbian character." I hate to say that, but it's true.
Yeah, I completely agree Even though it seems like the odds are stacked against Bellarke right now, I still feel people are expecting them to be endgame because it just makes so much sense. Look how huge the Bellarke fandom is, all those people can't be wrong, Bellarke fans deserve that pay out.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 09-25-2018, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
That’s wise. To be fair, he has said some spot-on things in the past, like the head and the heart stuff, the things about how Bellamy inspires the masses but Clarke inspires Bellamy. But sometimes that man’s interaction with the fan base is just head-scratching to me. And I think a lot of casual fans do expect Bellarke to get together, too. I know plenty of casual fans, and they all think they should happen. So . . . I don’t know why he seems so out of touch with that sometimes.
He definitely has, but it is a bit weird how out of touch he is at times.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, I completely agree Even though it seems like the odds are stacked against Bellarke right now, I still feel people are expecting them to be endgame because it just makes so much sense. Look how huge the Bellarke fandom is, all those people can't be wrong, Bellarke fans deserve that pay out.
Definitely. I find it kind of amazing that the Bellarke fandom is so big and so passionate considering that 2x16 cheek kiss is the farthest we’ve ever gotten.
ICON
Old 09-25-2018, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's so sad. A cheek kiss. In five seasons.

Jason, fix this!

amelia | icon: mel
Old 09-25-2018, 09:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

yeah i get u all
i feel he did not annoying me enough yet bc im new at the fandon JAJA so im still excited its the first time I have to wait until season premiere so im kind of hungry and hopeful lets see if i bring better lucky to the fandon JAJAJA but im anxious as much as excited so I will be very disappointed if they not become canon soon

and yes bellarke fandon is huuuuge i was searching for videos on youtube and i found a fanmade video with more than 1 million of views I never found something like that before

talking about cheek kiss <3

Old 09-25-2018, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Jason does need to fix it, but I don't see that happening sadly
Old 09-26-2018, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m currently 50/50 on it happening.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 09-26-2018, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm a bit less than that
Old 09-26-2018, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I honestly don't know anymore. I keep feeling that it's leading to somewhere but that payoff never really comes. Or could still be largely read as two people who really care for/love each other but that it'll never be clearly defined as romantic or not-romantic.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit