Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-08-2018, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)

Having thought about the episode some more, I've come to realize that Bellamy and Clarke essentially have mirrored storylines in 5x06. Both of them are on a mission to protect someone they care about, someone who is at risk due to Octavia/Wonkru. Naturally, as Bellarkers, we can observe Clarke's storyline with adoration, and we find it very heartwarming and inspiring that she's trying to hard to take care of Madi. Most of us have a guttural "NO" reaction to Bellamy trying to protect Echo, it's true, even if we can acknowledge that it's in character for him to be a good, loyal boyfriend. So we have these two storylines that are essentially parallel, especially since both Bellamy and Clarke are willing to leave with the person they're trying to protect.

I've sometimes said that, even though their stories often parallel each other, they also somehow manage to intersect. It's a very oxymoronical thing, if you think about it, two characters who have intersecting parallel storylines. But this is the first episode in a really long time where the storylines are JUST parallel. They really don't intersect. And as a viewer, particularly viewing from a Bellarke-focused lens, that's . . . unusual. Uncomfortable. Not fun. But that's what it's like for both of them right now, too. Particularly for Clarke, since she's more isolated, but it's got to be a startling adjustment for Bellamy, too. He just assumed that Clarke would talk to him about Octavia. He just assumed that Clarke would come into the bunker with him so he could explain what was going on. It doesn't make him bad or wrong in any way to assume these things. It just makes him . . . a little bit oblivious to how Clarke has changed?

Clarke, meanwhile, is not oblivious. In fact, it's the opposite for her; it's obvious. She got hit with a Becho truck at the end of 5x05, and she's been hit with it again in 5x06. I think that's part of what makes it so easy for viewers to sympathize with her right now. You know, she and Bellamy always had their "together" thing, and she's coming to terms with the fact that it's not "together" for them right now. Bellamy, to be fair, didn't really make much of an effort to include her. But really . . . was there a reason to? He's gotten so used to handling things on his own. This wasn't a situation he necessarily needed her help with. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, either. It's good that Bellamy has evolved into an independent leader. That's who Clarke wanted him to be, and that's who Spacekru needed him to be.
Very brilliantly put as always, April.

Also when they did intersect we got the "you don't understand" / "no, YOU don't understand" moment which showed a break in communication between the two, they have always been so in sync, so having them not understand each other in that brief moment showed how much they have grown apart in those 6 years which was bound to happen, they're different people now.

It's going to be interesting seeing them get to know each other again, I think this season is going to be a rough one for Bellarkers, but I also feel like it's leading up to something big between the two of them, the writers are already planting those seeds with Clarke reacting to Becho TWICE. Bellarke have always been a ship of subtle moments and lots of subtext. We just have to keep the faith, accept the ups and downs and try and enjoy the ride that is Bellarke!!

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-08-2018, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, for sure! I mean . . . 5x06 is not gonna be an episode that I ever rewatch just for the hell of it. Let’s face it. But I’m strapped in for the ride.
ICON
Old 06-08-2018, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I survived 3x07 so I feel like I can handle anything at this point

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-08-2018, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You definitely can.
ICON
Old 06-08-2018, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We know what we signed up for

Soon, for you this will just become the "Dark week"

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-08-2018, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We did
Old 06-08-2018, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Dark Week? Love that.
ICON
Old 06-09-2018, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
The Dark Week? Love that.
I was on fire yesterday

So a lot of people are wanting Echo to die, other than the fact that I love Echo, I don’t want that to happen. If bellarke finally get together (which I think will happen during finale) I want it to be because they chose eachother and not because all their past lovers are dead and then the antis will be all like “they’re only together cause Lexa and Echo are dead” that’ll just annoy me.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-09-2018, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little chaos (View Post)

I was on fire yesterday

So a lot of people are wanting Echo to die, other than the fact that I love Echo, I don’t want that to happen. If bellarke finally get together (which I think will happen during finale) I want it to be because they chose eachother and not because all their past lovers are dead and then the antis will be all like “they’re only together cause Lexa and Echo are dead” that’ll just annoy me.
SAME. That would only make it easier for antis to hate on canon!Bellarke and they deserve way better, because we KNOW that they'll end up with each other no matter what.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-09-2018, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I don’t really want her to die. (I want her to break up with Bellamy, to be honest, to give her a character a little . . . agency.) At the same time, if she did die, I wouldn’t be sad or anything, as I have no emotional attachment to the character. But I don’t think that’s gonna happen.
ICON
Old 06-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There aren't many OG Grounders (Season 1 and 2 Grounders) left so I hope they won't kill her.

And I hope if Becho break up, it's amicable and done with the least amount of drama possible, I'm not interested in any love triangle

Bellarke are inevitable, that is all.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-09-2018, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m prepared to put up with Becho all season if I have to, but if they’re still together at the end of the season . . . well, that’d be a long hiatus for me then.

Bellarke is definitely inevitable. The only one of Bellamy’s relationships we’ve been able to see develop on screen, so beautifully, often subtly, always powerfully.

ETA: Oh. My. GOD!

ICON

Last edited by April7739; 06-09-2018 at 02:25 PM
Old 06-09-2018, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little chaos (View Post)
There aren't many OG Grounders (Season 1 and 2 Grounders) left so I hope they won't kill her.

And I hope if Becho break up, it's amicable and done with the least amount of drama possible, I'm not interested in any love triangle

Bellarke are inevitable, that is all.
Love triangles suck
Old 06-09-2018, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do NOT want a love triangle.

I want Bellarke to happen naturally, even if it takes us until the end of the season to get a confession or a kiss. Hopefully we'll get more good build up in between.

I'm excited to watch that Eventually trailer!

amelia | icon: mel
Old 06-09-2018, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sure we will get some good build up in-between them