Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2018, 08:36 AM
ravishing red

Moderator of ...
The 100

I also think that Kane is TRYING to play Diyoza, but she's smart so I'm not sure if it's working. I feel like she's playing along for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little chaos (View Post)

People think Karina, the girl whom Echo put that chip in her wound is actually pregnant and they wanted to leave cause they think Wonkru want to eat their baby

Yes, I just said THAT.
WAT. How are they getting that from those few scenes?
destroyer of worlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

A wild leap of the imagination, I guess.

I wouldn’t say it’s completely outside the realm of possibility. But as of right now, until we get more proof, it’s reaching at best.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
BELIEVE IN BELLARKE.
ICON BY MEL
April7739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:38 AM
ravishing red

Moderator of ...
The 100

Yeah, let's just wait to see what happens next. If there's anything you can say about The 100 fans, it's definitely that we do not lack imagination/super deep analysis, that's for sure.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Question:

If Echo died/sacrificed herself to save Bellamy, would this change your view point of her?

bob | kana || becks
a little chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Slightly. I would of course be grateful to her for that, because I like Bellamy so much more than her. But I wouldn’t, like, be sad about it or anything. (I’d probably be thrilled, not gonna lie.) I’m not a big fan of the big, obvious redemption moments, though. I like characters to earn it gradually over time (and on screen, like Bellamy has). So I wouldn’t suddenly be an Echo fan, even after this.

I will never like Echo. I just know that’s not gonna change. I’ve had since season two to change my opinion on her, and I haven’t so far.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
BELIEVE IN BELLARKE.
ICON BY MEL
Old 06-16-2018, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Fair enough, I do love how you stay firm with your beliefs, April

I'm so flakey, I'll say anything

I think with me, cause I'm pretty neurotic I can sway a lot from characters, don't get me wrong, there are definitely characters I will completely write off on shows, Jughead from Riverdale being a prime example. I know in my heart I will never like him. I think for me when it comes to The 100 the characters I tend not to like are the characters that I find to be less controversial. Like I don't really have any feelings at all for Monty or Harper. Whereas you guys really like them.

If you look at the characters I love: Bellamy, Lexa, Murphy, Clarke and Echo. They are all very controversial characters. Characters that can be described as "hard to love" are the characters I tend to fall for.

bob | kana || becks
Old 06-16-2018, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

You’re consistent, Becks. I’m definitely pretty firm in my feelings towards characters, but they can change. Indra is a great example. I disliked her until this season. But Echo is at an Ontari/Gaia/Pike level for me. There’s no coming back from it once you get to that level.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
BELIEVE IN BELLARKE.
ICON BY MEL
Old 06-16-2018, 08:58 AM
ravishing red

Moderator of ...
The 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little chaos (View Post)
Question:

If Echo died/sacrificed herself to save Bellamy, would this change your view point of her?
Not particularly but only because my perception of her is already starting to change (in 5X06). I'm just annoyed that they choose to put her with Bellamy to get viewers to change their minds about her (at least, that's part of the reason, I feel) because I feel like her arc would have been as effective that way ... without her being shoehorned into a relationship to make it work.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Do you feel like people are changing their mind on her because of Bellamy, though? I feel like a lot of people are hating her even more because of how they’ve attached her to him.

I’m actually hating her less, but still hating her, not gonna lie.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
BELIEVE IN BELLARKE.
ICON BY MEL
Old 06-16-2018, 10:25 PM
ravishing red

Moderator of ...
The 100

No, I agree. People dislike her more because of her relationship with Bellamy, may not be fair but it's just frustrating to see the story written this way.

I never hated her but I hated her actions in the past.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

It's certainly an interesting debate.

I definitely feel people are hating on Echo more this season than any other which doesn't make much sense, because if you were judging her on this season alone, it's her best season so far. She's been loyal, moral, compassionate and heroic. But all of that is overshadowed by shipping, which I honestly feel is kinda petty on the grand scheme of things. I understand people disliking Echo for her past actions and I understand people not liking Becho for a number of reasons. But What I disagree with is hating on her just because she's part of a ship, or overlooking the good things she's doing just because she is with Bellamy.

It sucks for me that her redemption arc is being overshadowed by a ship, and I probably would have preferred Echo not to have gotten with Bellamy if this was going to happen. I have been wanting an Echo redemption arc for so long and I'm finally getting it and all people can focus on is Becho. I wish people could separate the two. Like I said, I totally understand disliking Becho and hating Echo for pervious seasons. Just wish people could separate the two reasons to dislike her. If that makes sense. I hope it does.

And not to make this about Lexa, but she is a prime example of this happening before, in Season 3 they "attempted" to redeem Lexa (they killed her off before they could actually do it properly) but yet again that was overshadowed by Clexa and I could never tell if people hated her for her actions or for her relationship with Clarke and that's how I now feel about Echo this season.

bob | kana || becks
Old 06-18-2018, 08:42 AM
ravishing red

Moderator of ...
The 100

I can't say I quite agree yet, Becks. Yes, she did impress me in 5X06 but given that we're halfway in the season, it's still not enough to turn the tide in her favour in my books. Take Emori for example, I didn't really like her in the beginning but the show slowly showed more and more layers of her (while having her with Murphy) but because she was never written explicitly as an antagonist in the past, it worked better.

I'm not saying that I cannot change my mind on Echo but I feel like we're being shoehorned into "Look! It's been 6 years and she's changed! Get over your hate, haters!" and that people need to automatically love her now because #development, when we frankly haven't seen much of that yet.

It's definitely being influenced by Becho though and it feels like they're using Bellamy to redeem her as well, and I really wish the show hadn't gone down that route ... but it is what it is.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

I get what you're saying, Becks. If I were going by this season alone, I wouldn't hate Echo. I'd probably be indifferent to her, to be honest, because I feel like she was pretty much just there until 5x06. But ultimately, we haven't been shown her redemption up until now, so it just feels very shallow to me, and it probably always will. Like really, how did she prove herself on the ring? What exactly did she do to make up for all the bad things she did in the past?

But I'm glad you can understand people disliking Echo for her past actions and not liking Becho for numerous reasons. Because that's the boat I'm in. I wonder how many people are truly just disliking her because of the Becho ship, though. There's a big generalization out there right now, it seems, that everyone who's hating Echo is only hating her because she's with Bellamy. And while that may be true for some, I actually think the majority of fans dislike her for HER, and therefore hate her relationship with Bellamy as a RESULT of that. So disliking her comes before disliking the relationship, if that makes sense. That's how it is for me. Now, on the flipside, the people who are dragging Bellamy through the mud right now and basically trying to disown him . . . that, I feel, stems from ship reasons about 95% of the time.

I actually prefer Clexa to Becho, mostly because, even though I feel that Lexa's redemption arc was too rushed to feel truly earned, at least we got to see it play out on screen. But I had similar feelings about that ship/character as I do about Echo and Becho. Since I didn't like Lexa, I couldn't support Clexa. Since I don't like Echo, I can't support Becho. Simple enough. Since I obviously DO love both Bellamy and Clarke and do love the complexity of their storylines (and their ongoing redemption arcs), I ship the hell out of Bellarke.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
BELIEVE IN BELLARKE.
ICON BY MEL
Old 06-20-2018, 07:26 AM
ravishing red

Moderator of ...
The 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Like really, how did she prove herself on the ring? What exactly did she do to make up for all the bad things she did in the past?

And while that may be true for some, I actually think the majority of fans dislike her for HER, and therefore hate her relationship with Bellamy as a RESULT of that. So disliking her comes before disliking the relationship, if that makes sense. That's how it is for me. Now, on the flipside, the people who are dragging Bellamy through the mud right now and basically trying to disown him . . . that, I feel, stems from ship reasons about 95% of the time.
Exactly, I'm still annoyed with that comment by Bellamy. Like, kindly elaborate on what actions those are because it was such a peaceful period for them up there.

Well said.
Reply   Post New Thread