Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-05-2018, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The hate I have seen directed at Tasya on Twitter is down right disgusting and it’s really bumming me out, it is literally EVERYWHERE. I see people commenting on her looks and her acting ability and calling her names she doesn’t deserve this. It’s down right embarrassing to see.

I also see people condoning Octavia’s behaviour just because she is anti Becho which is so backward.

And lastly people are refusing to watch live or are quitting the show cause of Becho.

Why can’t people be more like us on here? If they were, fandom would be such a nicer, more beautiful place!

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-05-2018, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It’s really starting to bum me out, too. I may take a Twitter break for a while.

It’s disgusting and embarrassing to see people in the Bellarke fandom stoop so low. If they’re hating on Tasya, who is beautiful, talented, and most importantly, KIND, then they are doing the exact same horrible things that were done to Bob back during season 3. If they’re suddenly Octavia’s biggest fans now, that’s just . . . immature, childish viewing if you ask me.
ICON
Old 06-06-2018, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You know, Info Bellarke is only posting Clarke content as of now? it's gone THAT far.

Just watched the episode, I actually really loved it, which isnt surprising, gonna have some breakfast then post my comments

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-06-2018, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I can’t say I’m surprised, though. That’s why I’m only using Bellarke Buzz now.
ICON
Old 06-06-2018, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Not a fan of the Becho stuff but considering how pissed I was BEFORE the episode (seeing Twitter reactions), I think that I prepared enough for it that it didn't faze me as much. The episode was not my favourite of the season, but definitely decent!

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-06-2018, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Copying and pasting this from the other board:

My thoughts. They're big and long.

Spoiler:

^Sorry, that's only under spoiler cuts because it's a dirty joke, but I have to have humor right now to keep myself and others going.

Okay, I’m gonna get this out of the way this week, because that’s really kind of how I feel about this episode: get it out of the way. Get onto something better. File this one away with 3x04 as an episode that I will never voluntarily re-watch and will only view again if I’m re-watching the season or series as a whole. (Okay, to be honest, I much prefer it to 3x04, but it’s just not my favorite. I would probably still rank it above 5x02 this season, though, because 5x02 didn’t even have my favorite characters in it.)

I have no problem owning up to it and admitting that a big part of the reason why I didn’t like this episode is related to ship reasons. That’s just part of my viewing experience, and there’s nothing wrong with that. So basically . . . skip past my Becho thoughts if you’re a fan, because I’m not. My Echo thoughts will be fine for anyone to read. (Actually, you know what, after re-reading, I don't think the Becho thoughts are that harsh, either.)

Echo: Gonna start with her because, as much as I begrudgingly hate to admit it, she was probably the episode MVP. Here’s the thing: I doubt I will ever be an Echo fan. As of right now, she’s still on my Top 10 least favorite characters list. But with that being said, it’s not her actions THIS SEASON that have put her on that list. It’s Season 3 and Season 4 that have put her there, and while I can accept and even appreciate that she has changed and developed into a better person now, that doesn’t mean I have to like her. And that’s okay. I still think that viewers are suffering from not having seen her prove herself (and like Sarah said, how much was there to prove up on the Ark?), but we at least have the opportunity to see her prove herself now. I do like that she was unwilling to turn in the defectors—that showed positive growth. And she’s being very brave with what she’s doing now.

I don’t know if the writers thought that putting Echo into a relationship with Bellamy would make the audience automatically root for her, so if that was their intention, it’s a big misfire. Because I think it’s actually made a lot of people resent her even more (not me, but a lot of fans out there). Whether or not I change my opinion on her is a completely independent thing from her relationship with Bellamy; I’m able to separate the two. And I’m really glad that she has her own storyline now, and it’s actually a good one and makes sense with her character. Prior to this episode, she was basically wallpaper so far this season, not really doing much of anything, so at least now she has something to do. Instead of just doing Bellamy. (Ugh, I can’t believe I said that.)

I would say that, going forward with Echo, I think she has a chance to get off my least favorites list, but I know full well right now that she’s never going to get anywhere near my favorites list. I think separating her from Bellamy is the best thing the show could have done at this point. This character needs to evolve on her own, because so far this season, she’s really only been an extension of Bellamy. Barely even that because they haven’t even interacted since 5x01.

As a Bellarke shipper, I would totally not hate it, though, if she discovered some of Clarke’s drawings of Bellamy or if Diyoza referred to Clarke as Bellamy’s girlfriend around her. Sorry not sorry. (It won’t happen, but I can dream.)

And just a word about Tasya: I love Tasya. She is so beautiful and is a talented actress, and I would imagine it has not been easy to be her this season, but she’s kept a positivity about it all, and I think that’s really admirable. I have not seen any of the rumored hate online directed at her. I don’t doubt that it exists, but I’ve been in the Twitter tags, and I haven’t seen it, so I’m grateful for that. However, like I said, I know it’s happening, and anyone who is sending her any hate or death threats should be ashamed of themselves. Period.

Bellamy: Okay, he’s probably the one I’ve got the most thoughts on this week, and I’ve posted some stuff already in the Bellarke thread and in the Bellamy thread and on Bob’s board, so bear with me if it sounds like I’m repeating myself, because I probably am.

Bellamy has changed. That’s something that I not only can accept, but also appreciate. I love the Bellamy Blake we had in the first four seasons. Despite the mistakes he made and the flaws he had as a person, I loved that man and will always love that man, and yes, as of right now, season 4 Bellamy remains my favorite. But Season 5 Bellamy has the potential to surpass him. I don’t know if he will or not. Time will tell. Yes, he’s a different Bellamy, but he’s so much more mature and stable than he was before, and of course I’m proud of him for that. This is the kind of growth I want to see in my favorite character, because I think it’s a good thing for him to be a better person and a better leader, and of course I want good things for him.

Storyline-wise, I think Bellamy’s in a really interesting place on the metaphorical chess board this season. Octavia may be the one with the most power over people, and Clarke may be the one with the most knowledge about this planet, but it’s Bellamy who is the one with the most CONNECTIONS to people. He’s got Spacekru, who have clearly become a family to him, he’s got Octavia, who is a family member he doesn’t even recognize, and YES, he’s got Clarke, who . . . neither one of them even knows how or if she fits into his life anymore, but of course she does, because they’re Bellamy and Clarke and they’re epic. Since connections and relationships between characters are at the core of this show and are my favorite aspect of it, I’m really excited to see Bellamy navigate this minefield of connections that is laid out in front of him. But I don’t envy his position at all. Oh, Bellamy . . . everybody wants a piece of you.

I’ve really enjoyed getting to see Bellamy lead even though he doesn’t have an official leadership title. I guess that’s all I have to say about that.

I get that this is a new version of his character and that it’s an adjustment for some viewers. I get it. That’s fine. Even though I’m enjoying him, it’s an adjustment for me, too. But the people out there online who are claiming this is not their Bellamy and that the Bellamy they know and love has died and that this season has been character assassination for Bellamy . . . Ugh, it’s frustrating me so much! Bellamy has been a GOOD GUY this season. He’s done some GOOD THINGS. The very fact that there are more (or at the very least, just as many) people upset with him right now as there was in 3A is absolutely baffling to me. I get that they don’t like the ship he’s in right now. That’s fine; I don’t, either. But take Becho out of the equation, and I can almost guarantee that none of them would be lashing out at him right now. It aggravates me that some fans seem determined to reduce Bellamy to being half a ship, yet these are the same people who have championed the idea that Clarke is more than half of a ship. It’s hypocritical, and it really grates my cheese. I do believe that a predominantly female viewing audience lashes out at perceived "wrongdoings" in their ship more when they perceive it as the man who's screwing things up, because they view a character like Bellamy as their TV boyfriend, and we all know how girls can lash out at boyfriends.

Also, Bellamy’s storyline has NOT revolved around Echo all season, nor do I believe it will continue to. (Did it, in this last episode? Yeah, kind of. Which is probably a big part of why I didn’t love the episode.) Bellamy’s storyline this season has been about becoming a head/heart type of leader, becoming THE VERY TYPE OF MAN CLARKE ENCOURAGED HIM TO BE! Now that he’s back on Earth, it’s time for him to show us what he’s learned and who he’s become.

Another complaint I have about the fandom right now . . . is how insulting all of this is to Bob Morley himself. I adore that man, and he is single-handedly responsible for giving me the best weekend of my life back at Conaggedon. He is so kind and so devoted to playing this character, and the level of thought and analysis that goes into his portrayal is, I believe, unparalleled by any other cast member on this show. (And this is not a dig at the other cast members. This is just me feeling like, when Bob talks about Bellamy, whether I agree with what he’s saying or not, it’s clear that he is so inside this character’s head and so passionate about portraying him in an honest way that I’m just floored by his commitment.) Adjusting to a character is one thing, and even being frustrated with that adjustment is fine; but there comes a point when dragging a character through the mud the way some fans are doing with Bellamy right now (and for the reason they are doing it) is just downright disrespectful to the actor portraying him. That’s the level I’m at with this right now.

But here’s the thing: Inevitably, Bellamy’s gonna have some other type of “She is” moment this season, and all these people who are complaining about him are going to love him again. It’s so obvious.

What this has all proved to me is that Bellamy Blake is THE character who gets the most passionate reaction out of the fan base. (I can see a strong argument being made for Lexa, too, but given what I’ve seen so far this season, I think Bellamy just barely edges her out.) When Bellamy does something that the majority of the fans love, the show trends so easily, Bellarke trends, he trends. When Bellamy does something the majority of fans don’t love (in this case, Echo—ugh, I can’t believe I just said that), then the show either doesn’t trend or trends because people are angry. (I’m not making this up. This is literally what had the show trending after 5x01 nearly 12 hours after it aired. I was in the tags. Trust me on this.) I’m proud of Bellamy as a character for being capable of generating such an emotional response in people, but this particular emotional response is absolutely exhausting and unwarranted to me. I can't believe some people are more worked up over this than they were over his actions in 3A. That's baffling to me.

Thus, I am very thankful to the posters on this board, who, while they may be adjusting to Bellamy and may not love everything about him this season (primarily due to ship reasons, let’s be honest), they’re still able to appreciate the MANY good things we’ve gotten from this character this season and will surely continue to get as the season goes on. I’m not saying Bellamy’s gonna be perfect. I might have episodes where I don’t agree with his choices or don’t like something that he does. But as of right now, I’m really proud of him.

Let’s get this out of the way . . . Becho.

You know what? There’s gonna be some Bellarke in here, too, just because.

I’m gonna keep this as brief as possible. I don’t ship them, I never will, and that’s fine. I don’t need to write a thesis explaining why I don’t, nor does anyone need to write a thesis explaining why they do. Let’s be real here, though: This is NOT a popular ship in this fandom, nor is it a popular ship on this board. I’m glad that we continue to be a place where people can express different opinions about ships, though.

Anyone complaining about Bellamy being out of character with how he defended and lobbied for Echo in this episode is just off-base to me. Sorry. I would have been so disappointed in Bellamy if he had been a bad boyfriend. That would have totally shattered every vision I every had for boyfriend Bellamy and ever vision of boyfriend Bellamy I have tried to transfer over to my AU fics. Bellamy should be a good boyfriend. That’s who he is. He’s loyal. (For now, at least. We’ll see if those loyalties get tested.)

As a Bellarke viewer, not a single one of those scenes was pleasant for me to watch, and I will not re-watch them. I think Bob in particular did a good job with the material and with some dialogue that (I can agree with Lisa on this) was a little heavy-handed at times. Even though I’m not invested in this relationship at all, we’ve seen it, so when it ends (because it’s a WHEN it ends for me, not if), then I’ll at least be able to understand why Bellamy will probably be upset about it.

I know some fans are freaking out about the sex scene, but that was less of a big deal to me. I mean . . . okay, I said it last night, and I’ll just own up to it again: I’m a sucker for any of Bob Morley’s sex scenes. That man and his body and his kissing technique and his utter passion own my soul. (And I realize I sound incredibly shallow saying this, but let’s not forget that I literally mod the guy’s board, so the amount of time I devote to appreciating his talent and his personality far outweighs the time I devote to salivating over him.) Anyway, basically, what I’m saying here is, even though I would much rather watch a sex scene between Bellamy and Clarke (and if when we get one someday, it’s literally gonna break the Internet), I can still get through his sex scene with Echo because . . . it’s Bob Morley in a sex scene.

I’m not one of those people who’s gonna go around and say, “Oh, there was no chemistry in that scene,” because again, I feel like that’s doing a disservice to the actors, particularly Bob, who I feel projects a lot of chemistry in love scenes, due in large part to his ability to have chemistry with, like, even a tree. I wasn’t swept off my feet by it, and ultimately, I think this scene is an interesting contrast (since it serves as a goodbye scene) to Bellamy and Clarke’s goodbye scene in 4x13, which was effectively the head/heart convo. One has physical intimacy, the other emotional intimacy. Literally, to me, a conversation between Bellamy and Clarke is more impactful and resonates more than an entire sex scene between Bellamy and Echo. It doesn’t feel like an ending to me yet, but it feels like the beginning of an ending. I don’t think Echo is going to die the way some people do. But I do hope she’s the one to break up with Bellamy. I don’t know how we’d get there at this point, though. She seems pretty in love with him. Can’t say I blame her for that. SO AM I!

Oh, also, something that I posted on twitter was that Echo said she and Bellamy found each other in a cage (yeah, it was real romantic how you spit on him there), and that she felt they would find each other again, but to me, that cage is not only in Mount Weather. They found themselves in a cage on the Ark. Quite literally, they were trapped up there, couldn’t escape. And they found each other up there. But they’re not in a cage anymore, so while I’m prepared to put up with this all season long if I have to (I’m not one of those people who thinks they’re breaking up in 5x08), I also don’t think they’re ever going to truly find their way back to each other the way they both want to right now, because I think Bellamy’s going to be finding his way back to Clarke, and sign me the **** up for that, because I think Clarke’s going to get there first. Never would have expected that, but I’m down with it.

I also found it interesting that, when it came to talking about Octavia, the real nitty-gritty nuts and bolts of who she’s become, Bellamy didn’t do that with Echo. He wanted to talk to Clarke about that. But Clarke has her hands full with Madi and is probably putting up an emotional guard right now with Bellamy, because even if she doesn’t fully understand what she’s feeling about this development of him and Echo, she’s feeling something for sure, and it’s uncomfortable for her. This feels like the appropriate time to mention that, if they didn’t want us to notice Clarke’s reaction to seeing Bellamy and Echo kiss again, they wouldn’t have shown it.

Clarke: Definitely one of my favorite parts of the episode and my favorite character of the season so far. I find it so refreshing to see Clarke be outside the main leadership conflict. It’s realistic and natural given that she and Madi have been isolated all this time. I definitely got more of a Mama Bear vibe from her this episode than an older sister vibe, and I enjoyed it. I think Eliza’s doing a great job of portraying Clarke’s struggle to find her place again. This has got to be so overwhelming for her. All these people, all this conflict, after years of isolation and peace. Add to that the fact that her mother is away, her adopted child is in danger, and her soul mate is with another woman, and I just . . . god, I feel for her so much right now. On the outside, Clarke’s holding it together, but inwardly, I think she’s really struggling.

I really liked all her scenes with Madi, and I liked her scene with Niylah, too, until Niylah became creepy. I also feel like I’m totally seeing Octavia through Clarke’s eyes right now. Clarke isn’t saying it out loud, but she’s judging Octavia pretty hardcore, and I’m here for it.

Random, but I also loved Clarke giving credit to Bellamy for getting them out of the bunker, because that is the credit Bellamy deserves.

Madi: You sweet thing. You’re so misguided right now, though. Octavia is NOT a badass. Clarke knows that. The more analytical members of the viewing audience know that. But Madi doesn’t understand that, and I think she’s going to, eventually. She’s such a brave little girl, though, trying to protect Clarke. I think it’s gonna backfire bigtime.

Octavia: This episode was quite possibly the best thing that could have happened to Octavia after last week. (I said as much in the Blake siblings thread, I believe.) Because even though she still made some highly questionable decisions this week, a lot of people are too busy talking about her brother right now to talk about her. Octavia has become a character that generates a big emotional response, but it’s still nowhere near on the same level as Bellamy, so I think she’s gonna get a little bit of a pass with the fandom this week. (But then again, part of that is due to the fact that some of the people who condemned her for how she treated Bellamy last week are now cheering her on due to how she treated Echo this week, which is just so transparent to me, but whatever. )

In regards to Octavia and Echo . . . while I do have a lot of not so flattering things to say about Octavia this season and have been very harsh on her these past couple episodes, I simply cannot blame her for feeling about Echo the way that she does. Echo literally stabbed her and caused her to fall off a cliff. She tried to kill her again in the conclave. Octavia has NO REASON to ever forgive Echo. I won’t blame her for that if she never does.

In regards to Octavia and Bellamy . . . sigh. I was really hoping that the scene of them fighting would be about their relationship only and that it would be Bellamy standing up for himself rather than for someone else (in this case, Echo). But alas, that’s not what we got. So I’m split on this scene. I like the fight, because Bob and Marie did great, and I like that at least Bellamy stood up to her for something. I like the truth bombs they both dropped on each other. (A Gina mention! An Ilian mention! ) I think that what Bellamy is saying is ultimately . . . right, given the circumstances. Octavia has become a darker person than Echo ever was—I mean, she kills her own people, which Echo wouldn’t have done. It’s kind of hypocritical for her to not be willing to give Echo a second chance. But even so, I still understand why she wouldn’t. So while my head tells me that what Bellamy is saying is probably true, my heart still says that Octavia can hold that particular grudge forever if she wants to.

At this point, though, we really do NEED to see Bellamy stand up for HIMSELF. It needs to happen. That’s the root of their conflict here, not Echo.

The last thing about Octavia that I have to say . . . dear lord, please stay away from Madi. Don’t corrupt her.

Oh, wait, no, one last thing. At this point . . . I’m just resigning myself to Octavia being a villain this season. That’s how I’m viewing her right now. I don’t know if that’s going to make future episodes tougher or easier on me, but in my view, I’ve crossed her over from anti-hero into villain right now, but I’m still hoping she can move back into anti-hero territory at some point.

Where am I at now? I gotta pick this up. This is ridiculous.

Murphy and Emori: I’m really glad we got their scenes. Much needed in this episode, and I really preferred their sexy times to the Becho ones. They’ve always been playful with each other, so I’m glad to see that part of their dynamic is still there. I love the complex simplicity of why they broke up. It wasn’t some huge, earth-shattering event that led to it. Rather, it was Emori’s very relatable growth as an individual. Good stuff. Oh, and now they have a hostage. This should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Niylah: Okay, glad she’s alive, but I wasn’t expecting this. Maybe I should have. She was pretty loyal to Octavia even before she became Bloodreina.

Gaia: I realize that I’m supposed to be like, “Ooh, Gaia saved Madi from Niylah. She’s an unlikely ally. How interesting,” but I just CANNOT with this character. (The less I say about the actress, the better.) I need this character to not be on my screen much more this season. Please and thank you.

Monty: Bummed we didn’t get any reunion between him and Clarke. I’m glad to see him be useful, but he and Harper really need a storyline. Especially Harper. (My poor Harper. ) But it was telling that it wasn’t just Bellamy who was willing to go with Echo. Monty and Harper were, too. Spacekru really is a family.

Kane and Diyoza: I like this storyline for him. That man has no reason to be loyal to Octavia anymore. She almost killed him. So . . . much in the same way that Octavia has no reason to forgive Echo, Kane has no reason to forgive Octavia. He’s in an interesting spot with Eligius, specifically Diyoza. I like my Kabby, don’t get me wrong, but I think Diyoza has a thing for Kane, and girl, I get it. She’s kind of, like, keeping him as a pet right now, it feels like. I feel like things between Abby and Kane may get kind of strained, especially if Abby can’t quit the pills, and Diyoza will be ready to pounce on him. I don’t know, I could be totally off-base, but her line about “Let’s go home” and mentioning “seduction” to him . . . girl, you’re obvious.

And in an unrelated note, Diyoza, honey, if you mention something about Bellarke to Echo, you would continue to move up on my list of characters.

Preview for Next Episode: I thought it looked kind of meh, so I hope the episode surprises me. Echo's off in Shallow Valley and Bellamy and Clarke are still in Polis, so I'm gonna call that one a win for me.

Is that it? Am I done?

Oh, wait, a current top 10:

It hasn’t changed.

1. Bellamy
2. Murphy
3. Clarke (gaining ground, though)
4. Raven (wish she was in this episode)
5. Kane
6. Jasper
7. Harper (storyline, please)
8. Miller (don’t be so loyal to Octavia, please)
9. Lincoln
10. Roan (baby, don't worry, your OTP is still the OTP)

Oh, wait, one MORE thing: I hate Kara Cooper. That is all.
ICON
Old 06-07-2018, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really not a Kara fan either, I feel like we will see more unpleasantness from her in future episodes.

What does it say about me when I love Diyoza in comparison though?

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-07-2018, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The actress playing Diyoza (Ivana?) is just really talented, too, I feel.
ICON
Old 06-07-2018, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I don't like Kara either, she's up Octavia's you know what

I'm actually really loving Diyoza though, I mean she's never gonna be a favourite of mine but she's a smart leader, and intelligence is always something I appreciate in a character, as opposed to dealing with every issue by using violence

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-07-2018, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little chaos (View Post)
I'm actually really loving Diyoza though, I mean she's never gonna be a favourite of mine but she's a smart leader, and intelligence is always something I appreciate in a character, as opposed to dealing with every issue by using violence
Definitely.

Do you think she's got a lady boner for Kane?
ICON
Old 06-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

100% I feel something is going to build there, but I honestly think Kane is just manipulating her. He’ll be loyal to Abby.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-07-2018, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kane was willing to die for Abby, so I definitely don’t picture him being disloyal or unfaithful to her.
ICON
Old 06-08-2018, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Speaking of Kabby, I'm reading some messed up theories on Twitter about the Dark Year

People think Karina, the girl whom Echo put that chip in her wound is actually pregnant and they wanted to leave cause they think Wonkru want to eat their baby

Yes, I just said THAT.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-08-2018, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’ve seen that theory, too. Do you think there’s any legitimacy to it?
ICON
Old 06-09-2018, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I mean, I wouldn’t put it past the writers, if they really wanted to shock the audience and push those moral boundaries that’s certainly the way to do it. At this point we’re all kinda expecting it to be cannibalism so if it turns out to be eating babies, that’s really pushing it a step further.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚