Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-24-2018, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Eden (5x01) Episode Discussion - [Airdate 04/24/18]

5x01: Eden

(9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

HOPE
In the fifth season premiere, Clarke (Eliza Taylor) struggles to survive on a desolate, scorched earth while her friends in space come across a long-awaited beacon of hope. Bob Morley, Paige Turco, Henry Ian Cusick, Marie Avgeropoulos, Lindsey Morgan, Richard Harmon, Chris Larkin and Tasya Teles also star. Dean White directed the episode written by Jason Rothenberg (#501). Original airdate 4/24/2018.

Basic Rules:
- Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

- No Character/Actor/ship Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

- Everything is a spoiler until it has aired. Please do not post any promos or promotional photos without a spoiler cut (only the TV promo that has aired is considered not a spoiler).

- Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
ICON
Old 04-24-2018, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

I won't be able to do any live watching this season though

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 04-24-2018, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, no! When will you be able to watch then?
ICON
Old 04-24-2018, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

After work. Gonna be hard avoiding spoilers, especially cause I'm weak.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 04-24-2018, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Avoid them. That’s not too long to wait.
ICON
Old 04-24-2018, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

But I'll want to check Twitter on my lunch break and I have many Bellarke mutuals. 8 hours at work is long for me, I'm like a child don't forget

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 04-24-2018, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You can do it, Becks! I have faith in you. I think you’ll enjoy watching a lot more if you don’t know everything that’s coming.
ICON
Old 04-24-2018, 11:07 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I hope you get to watch it soon!
Old 04-25-2018, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You didn’t avoid anything, did you, Becks? I already saw you on the other board.
ICON
Old 04-25-2018, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Did you watch it yet, Becks? I loved the episode.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 04-25-2018, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have just watched it AMAZING FIRST EPISODE! The only thing I actually spoiled before watching was the Becho thing

Okay, so first things first. Becho happened, which we all suspected would happen anyways, and I think it's fair to say it hasn't gone down well with a lot of people, which I 100% understand but I personally really like them. Bellamy was up there for 7 years so it's not a huge stretch of the imagination that he'd embark on a relationship, I mean a man has needs, right? I'm really excited to see where their relationship goes and it's nice to see Bellamy have some happiness because that man deserves it. I know they're not gonna be the most popular ship but they're definitely a ship I can support. I also think it'll be nice to see a softer side to Echo too.

I have to say though, the reaction they have received online has been insane people are really angry it seems, which I totally get, it does feel like a bit of a kick in the teeth to Bellarke fans, but we have to remember that Bellamy doesn't know Clarke is still alive, so he might not think things will change on the ground but we know things will. So even though i do ship Becho, that doesn't diminish how much I love Bellarke and still want a Bellarke endgame.

Can't believe people are threatening to stop watching though we're only 1 ep in, give it a minute

Murphamy - OH MY HEART! "Say you're not worthless" THIS SCENE KILLED ME! I love their friendship so much, can't wait to see more of it!

Bellarke - Well we knew we weren't getting any proper Bellarke this episode, but Bellamy moping at that window was the cutest thing and I love how her looking up went straight to him looking down, STAR CROSSED LOVERS, LITERALLY!

Murven Now Memori is over, this ship needs to set sail, their banter is everything

The new group - I absolutely LOVED the paralell from season 1, JR couldn't have done it better, what a fasinating way to play out the scenes and the shift in perspective, I think this was a really cool way of seeing season 1 from the grounders perspective. And the fact that this group of people are violent offenders doesn't sit well with me at all. These people are ready made killers and thats before being thrown into a survival environment so I imagine they're gonna be ruthless and this terrifies me.

Octavia - Speaking of terrifiying, THAT FINAL SCENE. How scary was Octavia in that scene though? kinda turned me on though

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 04-25-2018, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Those people are so immature, hypocritical, and transparent, Becks. They’re not gonna stop watching. They’re just freaking out right now, and it’s annoying.

Octavia terrified me in that final scene. I’m so worried for what she’s going to be like this season.
ICON
Old 04-25-2018, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was just saying in the Bellamy thread about this season feeling very nostalgic and like they've come full circle. Bellamy is sort of reminding me of Kane a little.

As for Octavia, I can't be the only one getting Lexa vibes?? Their stories are way too similar, they both turned cold after losing someone they loved, Costia/Lincoln. They both won conclaves and were thrust into authoritarian roles which has moulded them into ruthless tyrants. Even in the trailer she quotes Lexa's "love is weakness" line. When I saw Octavia in that final scene, I had chills, her sitting there on that throne looking so stoic. It just took me back to Lexa.

I also really like the Red Queen comparison. I'm excited to see what they do with Octavia this season though and how Bellamy plays into it.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 04-25-2018, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

I would never stop watching and I’ve been unhappy about plenty of things over the years, just saying. My cheeks burn in rage thinking of season 3 sometimes.

Yeah, Octavia was super creepy. Sitting there watching over the terror of the bunker. I honestly haven’t been a fan of her since like season 1. I’m not sure this will change my opinion. Don’t get me wrong, I love character development, but I still believe they’ve taken her too far off the rails.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not even sure how I feel about her anymore, I'm so confused

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚