Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2017, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that your first impression of me was that I was smutty. But I'm also glad I came across as level headed and approachable.

What is your favorite reaction gif ever?
ICON
Old 08-23-2017, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I do talk a lot I have a lot to say about everything, I'm like that in person too, once I'm over that awkward stage.
Same.

How do Santana and Alison differ in their bitchiness for you? Oh my gosh, I love this question. Okay, so... Santana's bitchiness, to me, comes from a place of deflection, like she says in the earlier seasons. She tells Brittany, "I'm a bitch because I'm angry." And that is partially true, but not fully. I think a lot of the times, Santana's bitchiness is unintentionally funny, because so much of what she says is TRUE. Like her whole rant at Kurt in 6x03. Entirely true. And she says a lot of stuff out of love, even if it comes out the entirely wrong way. I think it also has a lot to do with that so much of her bitchiness is a response to something, and not necessarily... planned? If that makes sense. Alison, on the other hand... it's direct. None of it is even remotely funny, it's all calculated and conniving. I think that's part of it, too. It psychologically changed the girls, kept them guessing as to whether Alison was genuinely their friend. With Santana, everyone knew exactly what they were going to get. At least that's how I perceive it.
Order the HIMYM characters?

1. Robin
2. Marshall
3. Barney
4. Lily
5. Ted
*Barney and Lily switch a lot for me

Order the Friends characters?

1. Chandler
2. Phoebe
3. Joey
4. Rachel
5. Monica
6. Ross

Besides shipping: which Bellamy-relationship do you enjoy watching most on the show? Bellamy and Octavia, for sure. Although I do enjoy BC and BR outside of the ship context as well.

What is your favorite reaction gif ever?

Always this one

amelia | icon: mel
Old 08-23-2017, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Amelia, I'm probably going to keep coming at you with Ali questions

I do agree with what you said actually. I also think the tone of the shows being different change how we perceive their bitchiness though.

Do you think Alison's bitchiness/cruelty came from a place of self hatred/internalised homophobia, which both Paige and Alison touched upon in season 7?
I know you've said before that you see a lot of Robin from HIMYM in you, can you elaborate on this?

also: Ross is my favourite Friends character, why did you put him last?

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 08-23-2017, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I also think the tone of the shows being different change how we perceive their bitchiness though.
Absolutely.

Do you think Alison's bitchiness/cruelty came from a place of self hatred/internalised homophobia, which both Paige and Alison touched upon in season 7? Partially. I think that in the flashbacks, part of that self-hatred and desire to be praised and loved really did bring out that bitchiness - in the form of keeping herself as the center of attention, and being bitchy to make the other girls keep her around. As far as the internalized homophobia... maybe later on, yes. I do genuinely believe that the scene where she tells Emily that they're practicing for the "real thing" was genuine, because I don't think she actually realized her feelings then. But she could have been scaring herself out of feeling them if she did.

I know you've said before that you see a lot of Robin from HIMYM in you, can you elaborate on this? Oh, Robin. Well, I think that I relate quite a lot to Robin because she tends to self-sabotage sometimes and is afraid to get close to people in certain situations. I find that my academic journey is similar to her career journey, that she knows what she wants but takes so many paths to get there. And her humor and realism tends to fit me to a tee.

also: Ross is my favourite Friends character, why did you put him last?
Okay, so some of this stems from how unpopular Ross is in general. He's funny to me, but at the same time, a lot of the time he's quite whiny and just... tries too hard. But at the same time, I can see why people do like him. He definitely has some of the funnier moments of the series. Some of my favorite moments are actually Ross moments, but I just tend to overall like the others a bit more.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ayyy, double post.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh Amelia, you're so good at answering questions I love your answers!

Favourite Brittana moment/scene?
Favourite Brittana quote?
Friends or HIMYM? and why?

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 08-25-2017, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She is good at answering them. I'm reading these answers and I've never even seen Friends or HIMYM.

Would you ever write a fanfic?

What do you think is the most common misconception when it comes to Clexa shippers, and what do you think is the most common misconception when it comes to Bellarke shippers?
ICON
Old 08-25-2017, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG that Clexa/Bellarke question is amazing! I know my answers already

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 08-25-2017, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Favourite Brittana moment/scene? I'd have to say probably either the bedroom conversation in 6x03 where they tell each other that they'll love each other to infinity (6x03) OR the classroom full of white lilies scene in 5x13. Although, one that I really love looking back on it was the season two finale scene at the locker. It's before they get together, and I remember being so frustrated that they didn't get together in the season finale, but it was a really sweet friendship scene, too.

Favourite Brittana quote? "Without Britt, I just... exist" and "Everybody thinks she's a bad person, but she's not!" They just... get each other. And complete each other. I also, of course, love Santana's entire proposal, and Brittany's speech going off on Santana's grandma in 6x06.

Friends or HIMYM? and why?
Ooooh... this is difficult. I think Friends, just because I love the relationships between the characters more, and it's slightly funnier to me overall. I love HIMYM, but the end kind of ruins it a bit, and it relied a lot on gags and puns as opposed to just overall humor.

Would you ever write a fanfic? Yes! I have in the past, but I just ALWAYS lose inspiration or get scared of posting it or that it's going to suck. I'd love to get back into fic writing, though.

What do you think is the most common misconception when it comes to Clexa shippers, and what do you think is the most common misconception when it comes to Bellarke shippers? I LOVE THIS QUESTION. I think the biggest misconception about Clexa shippers, or at least one of the biggest misconceptions, is that we only ship Clexa because it's a f/f ship, or that we only ship LGBT ships. I know people here don't think that, but I have seen that misconception on Tumblr/Twitter. I also think there's a big misconception that we don't like Bellamy and/or hate Bellamy, which, obviously, is untrue, as evidenced by Becks and myself, and probably quite a few others.

I think the biggest and most obvious misconception about Bellarke shippers is that they're homophobic, which bothers me because it's obvious not true of most BC shippers (or, at least that's not the reason given for not shipping Clexa). Another one I notice is that a lot of people tend to think that BC fans are really just Bellamy fans who sort of... tolerate Clarke. Which... to be fair... I've noticed sometimes, but not as much as CL blogs make it seem.

Old 08-25-2017, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great answers, yet again I love all those Brittana moments, I really need to go rewatch some of those

And I agree with everything you said about BC/CL, I agree that the biggest misconception of BC fans is the homophobia thing, which I've always found to be outrageous! one thing I'd add to the CL fans though, so many people think CL fans are just angry gays who didn't get their own way and spat out their dummies cause Lexa died, that one has always really bothered me.

If you were trapped on a desert island with any three fictional characters who would you choose and why?

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 08-25-2017, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad you guys liked that question. I figured it'd be good to ask it to one (or both) of you. I think a big problem is that people just tend to make sweeping generalizations for the entire ship's fanbase. So somebody sees one Clexa fan saying, "I'm so pissed and I'm quitting the show and I hope it gets cancelled and I hate Bellamy," and they mistakenly assume every Clexa fan feels that same way. Or somebody sees one Bellarke fan saying, "Ugh, I hate Clarke right now, Bellamy deserves better, and I hate f/f ships," and mistakenly assume every Bellarke fan feels that same way. There are honestly probably many more good apples than bad apples on both sides of the fandom, and I don't know why some people just can't see that. When they feed into these unfounded, sweeping generalizations, they just make the negative voices louder.

Anyway.

If you could portray any character in The 100, who would you portray and why?
How did I come across in real-life vs. online? I'm really curious.
ICON
Old 08-27-2017, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If you were trapped on a desert island with any three fictional characters who would you choose and why?

This one is so difficult, wtf. Like, really... you had me stumped for a bit, Becks. I think I've finally narrowed it down.

Monty Green - Monty would be resourceful - I feel like he could make anything out of nothing, be it a shelter, food, etc. He'd be able to keep me calm, too.
I bet he'd have some alcohol stashed somewhere. I think he'd probably be our best bet at actually figuring out how to survive or get rescued.

Alex Karev - There are lots of things that could go wrong. I need a hot doctor on hand to patch me up. Plus, he seems like he'd be good at fishing/hunting/etc.

Katniss Everdeen - Smart, self-reliant, unwilling to die. She'd save all of us, let's be real.

If you could portray any character in The 100, who would you portray and why?
The facetious answer? Lexa, so that I could make out with Eliza.

The real answer? Probably Raven cause she's so awesome.

How did I come across in real-life vs. online? I'm really curious.

You seem more serious online, and a bit more private. Not TOO much more, but I guess that's just part of you being a teacher and having to present yourself a certain way. You didn't really hide just how much of a total fangirl you are in person. Not that you don't fangirl like crazy here, but you just seemed more... composed about it online at first.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Lexa, so that I could make out with Eliza

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 08-28-2017, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like how I'm less composed in person.

Would you ever want to play Big Brother?
What's the best/most interesting class you've ever taken?
ICON
Old 08-28-2017, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Would you ever want to play Big Brother?
Yes! If only for the experience. I'd probably be out like, week one or two, but it'd be fun to try.
What's the best/most interesting class you've ever taken? Gender and Sexuality in European History, or my Intro to Sociology Class.