Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2020, 07:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey All! Hope everyone is doing ok during this crazy time.

It bothers me that my first post back in these forums is in the rant thread. But, I just gotta.

When I noticed that Bob wasn't in the S7 poster, I didn't think too much about it...at first. Thought maybe it was plot related. But now I'm reading that it may be intentional because JR and Bob had some sort of falling out. Could it have been over Bob calling him out over the whole "misinterpreting" BS?

If so, what an unprofessional **** of a showrunner JR is. Bob Morley is a huge reason why the show even made it to 7 seasons. He seems to actually care about the show and isn't just in it for a paycheck. It's a travesty that it took until the final season for the man to make second billing, a spot that I believe he should have had since s3 (maybe even by the second half of season 2).

Ima be hella pissed if Bellamy gets a crappy storyline or killed off because JR is a petulant child. Or because Kim Shumway hates the Bellamy character. She can shove it. If she is that biased, she has no business being JR's # 2. What a pair! What a way to shoot yourself in the foot with fans and ruin the legacy of the series. But I wouldn't put it past them. So as I always do, I'll keep my expectations low for anything Bellarke related or Bellamy getting a decent storyline. I was really looking forward to s7, but now I'm just apprehensive that JR is gonna pull some nasty crap to justify his version of a "happy ending".

I've been watching TV longer than most and I have never seen a showrunner treat the fans the way this dude treats them. Now all he seems to care about is his shiiny new prequel. Perhaps he should talk to a real showrunner about what to do before he embarks on the next project. 1) Finish the damn story that you have been fortunate to get to tell,. 2) Treat the beloved characters with respect and don't sideline them for BS reasons or bloat the story with new characters that fans don't give a fig about. 3) Too little, too late, but don't treat your most loyal, passionate fans like idiots who don't know what is being shown onscreen. Save your misinterpreting speeches for the audience at home.

To be honest, I didn't feel even a little bit bad when I read that the CW was putting the prequell temporarily on hold. I wish the new actors and crew luck with it. I already know plenty about what went down before and plenty about the grounders. I'm really not interested. It will be no surprise to anyone that i will NOT be watching when it finally airs in 2021 or whenever it happens.

Rant over. See y'all in the episode threads. Be well. Stay safe.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

So the countdown pic today was the entire crew. What does one even say to that?
Old 05-20-2020, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One says everything Modo has said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo1013 (View Post)
Hey All! Hope everyone is doing ok during this crazy time.

It bothers me that my first post back in these forums is in the rant thread. But, I just gotta.

When I noticed that Bob wasn't in the S7 poster, I didn't think too much about it...at first. Thought maybe it was plot related. But now I'm reading that it may be intentional because JR and Bob had some sort of falling out. Could it have been over Bob calling him out over the whole "misinterpreting" BS?

If so, what an unprofessional **** of a showrunner JR is. Bob Morley is a huge reason why the show even made it to 7 seasons. He seems to actually care about the show and isn't just in it for a paycheck. It's a travesty that it took until the final season for the man to make second billing, a spot that I believe he should have had since s3 (maybe even by the second half of season 2).

Ima be hella pissed if Bellamy gets a crappy storyline or killed off because JR is a petulant child. Or because Kim Shumway hates the Bellamy character. She can shove it. If she is that biased, she has no business being JR's # 2. What a pair! What a way to shoot yourself in the foot with fans and ruin the legacy of the series. But I wouldn't put it past them. So as I always do, I'll keep my expectations low for anything Bellarke related or Bellamy getting a decent storyline. I was really looking forward to s7, but now I'm just apprehensive that JR is gonna pull some nasty crap to justify his version of a "happy ending".

I've been watching TV longer than most and I have never seen a showrunner treat the fans the way this dude treats them. Now all he seems to care about is his shiiny new prequel. Perhaps he should talk to a real showrunner about what to do before he embarks on the next project. 1) Finish the damn story that you have been fortunate to get to tell,. 2) Treat the beloved characters with respect and don't sideline them for BS reasons or bloat the story with new characters that fans don't give a fig about. 3) Too little, too late, but don't treat your most loyal, passionate fans like idiots who don't know what is being shown onscreen. Save your misinterpreting speeches for the audience at home.

To be honest, I didn't feel even a little bit bad when I read that the CW was putting the prequell temporarily on hold. I wish the new actors and crew luck with it. I already know plenty about what went down before and plenty about the grounders. I'm really not interested. It will be no surprise to anyone that i will NOT be watching when it finally airs in 2021 or whenever it happens.

Rant over. See y'all in the episode threads. Be well. Stay safe.
PREACH! Absolutely PREACH! Yes to this. Agree with everything. There is not one word here that I disagree with.
ICON
Old 05-20-2020, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I could MAYBE explain away him missing from promo material, giving Jason and co. too much credit as usual, but I cannot explain him being out of that group photo and not in the countdown at all. What gives? I hope we find out.

Plus his tweet just now...it's too simplistic but I wonder if he just got really angry with how his story was going and how the Bellarke fans were baited up the wazoo. Maybe he had disagreements with J&K. Maybe that's just the start of it, I don't know. Maybe I'm looking too deep into a Bellarkey thing, but I mean...he said in his tweet we were baited. On one hand I feel relief knowing that others agree with us, on the other hand I'm annoyed knowing that Bellarke is probably not going to happen. But aside from all that I just hope he's ok!

Old 05-20-2020, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm gonna post what I posted on the News Thread from the other board here, now that Jason has come out and tried to paint himself and the network as the good guys:

I think it's possible that Bob may have asked for time off, but I question why. (This is the same guy who, at Montreal CC, said that he would not leave The 100 because he loved the cast/crew and loved getting to work with his wife.) I feel like it could very well have something to do with Jason and that's why neither one of them has said anything about it. Jason's answers don't explain the lack of Bellamy in the promotional materials. My guess is that, during his meeting with the writers, Bob challenged the way the season was going/his storyline and that the situation became very toxic and tough for him, and that's why he asked for time off. And now Jason's trying to spin it as something positive they did for him when all the evidence is out there that Jason is being petty and getting his revenge.

Bob's tweet, while it gives me no hope for Bellarke or even Bellamy's fate on the show . . . I kind of loved it. Because he acknowledged the baiting that has been going on for years in this fanbase. And I appreciate the honesty from him. Also appreciate that both he and Eliza thanked the fans in their tweets, and I know Adina did today, too.

The reviews I have read for this episode are scathing, and I love it.
ICON
Old 05-22-2020, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just have to get this off my chest.

If I have to deal with one more person saying, "Well, Jason explained it..." or "Jason clarified in this interview..." ****ing no. He didn't explain or clarify anything. He offered up a vague response to a question people had been asking for weeks. So now lots of people are like, "Bob struggles with mental health issues, so that's why he took time off." Yeah, I know. Big Bob fan here. And I also know that his struggles have never prevented him from shooting the show before. I also know that he was excited to film this last season with his wife. Something happened. Something triggered this. Something made him feel like he had to ask for time off. And if you look back at the tweets, including his most recent one . . . it all just starts to come together.

I know I can't be 100% sure or anything, but I'm just tired of people being so willing to trust Jason's word on this, when he has proven himself to be the most untrustworthy show-runner, quite possibly of all time.
ICON
Old 05-22-2020, 06:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

My personal opinion is that Jason is just trying to cover. We are being bombarded with tons of media interviews touting the same exact BS. Sounds scripted and like damage control. There has to be more to the story.

The plain truth is that the absence of the male lead of this show from the episodes and promotions is a very big deal.

I also think that if JRs version were true, Bob Morley would have somehow reached out to the fans to ease their minds. He has been so forthcoming and encouraging about personal struggles, it just sounds like something he might do. He has always promoted the show, so, his and Eliza's silence is deafening.

Bob's tweet about "misinterpreting " was in mid-Aug and I'm sure he already got the word on this seasons storylines by that time. This seems more than coincidental. His last tweet was so calling JR out in a classy way. Bob is very articulate.

I usually don't go there, but, I really hope a big dose of karma gets dumprd on JR for his shenanigans. Maybe the CW will tire of the drama that he causes and pull his precious new show. . He doesn't deserve to be a show runner.

And I'm not bothered one bit by the crappy reviews the premiere is getting. I agree with them.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Modo . . . I think I'm falling in love with you. You just totally get it. I feel like I can't explain this to any more people. We're totally on the same wavelength here. I feel like it's all pretty obvious.
ICON
Old 05-23-2020, 05:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Modo . . . I think I'm falling in love with you. You just totally get it. I feel like I can't explain this to any more people. We're totally on the same wavelength here. I feel like it's all pretty obvious.
Thanks, April. It isn't in what you hear or read, it's in what you don't...

We may never get the whole story. All this does is make it easier for me to let go of the show. I'm losing most of the shows I watch this year. This one was supposed to be the last one, but, now Supernatural won't be coming back for their final eps until the fall. Bellamy Blake and Dean Winchester are my boos.

My husband knows and understands.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:22 AM
Elite Fan

I’m in agreement that the most frustrating thing is viewers wanting to give Jason the benefit of doubt. Like what has this man done the entire run of this show to blindly earn trust? Not a darn thing.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You know what else, too? The people I’m mainly seeing defend Jason are men. Interesting. It’s bad enough that we get gaslit by the showrunner. We don’t need to deal with gaslighting from other fans, too, but here they are, claiming that we’re reading too much into things and we’re just being crazy, stupid shippers again.

From 39:00 onward, Lola and Milena openly discuss everything we're saying here, so that's wonderful. Now when someone asks me to explain it to them, I'm just going to link them to this.

ICON

Last edited by April7739; 05-23-2020 at 01:07 PM
Old 05-23-2020, 01:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
You know what else, too? The people I’m mainly seeing defend Jason are men. Interesting. It’s bad enough that we get gaslit by the showrunner. We don’t need to deal with gaslighting from other fans, too, but here they are, claiming that we’re reading too much into things and we’re just being crazy, stupid shippers again.
I don't really go to many places to see that from other fans. They are probably more in it for the scifi aspects of the show, so the relationship pieces don't resonate as much. But whether they like it or not, shippers are passionate viewers who can keep TV shows on the air. Hey, I dislike both Clexa and Becho more than I can say. But, the fans who ship those pairings are viewers who see something special there. Without that special connection between characters, the plot thins and you get mostly exposition dialogue and special effects. The relationships of the characters are what keep me watching, not jumping through wormholes and time. I already watched that show. It was called Stargate.

Even though my opinions are set in that I think Jason has been playing the Bellarke community for years, we haven't seen the episodes play out, yet. Hopefully, there will be some pleasant surprises.

We've seen the media hoopla over Bellamy being missing from one episode. Can you imagine the fallout if he is barely in the show, or has no scenes with Clarke? This is the Head and the Heart we're talking about. I don't think JR is that stupid. Though he claims that fans (and the show's leading man) have misinterpreted the meaning, he has written Bellarke as the #1 relationship on the show. I don’t think he will totally back pedal on that now. It's just a shame that all of this happened now, when everyone should be excited about the final season.

Instead, the fans and media are distracted by the absence of the Heart of the show. All JR had to do was keep his ego in check and think of the fans, whom he mentions as an afterthought in the media. All he had to do was give Bob/Bellamy his rightful # 2 spot in the countdown. Or put him in the damn poster, since he is actually the one IN the anomaly. If he was trying to send a message, it has been received. Hopefully, the fans who he treats like dirt will respond in kind if his lame ass prequel sees the light of day.

Last edited by Modo1013; 05-23-2020 at 01:22 PM Reason: Grammar
Old 05-23-2020, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't really go to many places to see that from other fans. They are probably more in it for the scifi aspects of the show, so the relationship pieces don't resonate as much. But whether they like it or not, shippers are passionate viewers who can keep TV shows on the air. Hey, I dislike both Clexa and Becho more than I can say. But, the fans who ship those pairings are viewers who see something special there. Without that special connection between characters, the plot thins and you get mostly exposition dialogue and special effects. The relationships of the characters are what keep me watching, not jumping through wormholes and time. I already watched that show. It was called Stargate.

Even though my opinions are set in that I think Jason has been playing the Bellarke community for years, we haven't seen the episodes play out, yet. Hopefully, there will be some pleasant surprises.

We've seen the media hoopla over Bellamy being missing from one episode. Can you imagine the fallout if he is barely in the show, or has no scenes with Clarke? This is the Head and the Heart we're talking about. I don't think JR is that stupid. Though he claims that fans (and the show's leading man) have misinterpreted the meaning, he has written Bellarke as the #1 relationship on the show. I don’t think he will totally back pedal on that now. It's just a shame that all of this happened now, when everyone should be excited about the final season.

Instead, the fans and media are distracted by the absence of the Heart of the show. All JR had to do was keep his ego in check and think of the fans, whom he mentions as an afterthought in the media. All he had to do was give Bob/Bellamy his rightful # 2 spot in the countdown. Or put him in the damn poster, since he is actually the one IN the anomaly. If he was trying to send a message, it has been received. Hopefully, the fans who he treats like dirt will respond in kind if his lame ass prequel sees the light of day.

I mean . . . you pretty much said it all here! I couldn't agree more. With everything. Go off, sis. What choice do I have but to stan?

I'm so, so worried we won't even get any meaningful Bellarke scenes this year. I think they're gonna make Bellamy just all about Octavia. Which is obviously an integral relationship of the show, but it's not THE integral relationship. But I'll enjoy watching JR get raked over the coals when and if that happens.
ICON
Old 05-23-2020, 03:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey, I calls em as I sees em, April.

It took two full seasons for Bellamy to get to a healthy place in his relationship with Octavia. Having his story be all about her would be a huge regression. Awful. I really hope they don't go there.

As if I haven't ranted enough, WHY do they insist on introducing so many new characters when they don't write decent stories for the 6-7 main cast that they already have. It's been years since Raven has had a decent storyline.

And WHY the hell is Luisa still not a regular? Emori has been around since season 2. How about Jarod or Sachin? Those two have been around since season 1. Brand new cast members who haven't been onscreen yet are announced as regulars. I know it has to do with contracts, but, this has always bugged me.

Although I find the anomaly storyline interesting, I'm not feeling the Hope character. It's going to take a lot for her to grow on me and she'll be eating up screen time I would rather see go to other characters. I 'd rather have Diyosa back.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Look at this becoming my second favorite thread during season 7. Always second-favorite, though, because Beliza is my fave.

Quote:
Hey, I calls em as I sees em, April.

It took two full seasons for Bellamy to get to a healthy place in his relationship with Octavia. Having his story be all about her would be a huge regression. Awful. I really hope they don't go there.
Definitely. Which is most likely something Bob spoke up about.

Quote:
As if I haven't ranted enough, WHY do they insist on introducing so many new characters when they don't write decent stories for the 6-7 main cast that they already have. It's been years since Raven has had a decent storyline.
It sounds like Raven will have one this season. Although they've alienated me so much from her as a character that I don't even really care anymore?

Quote:
And WHY the hell is Luisa still not a regular? Emori has been around since season 2. How about Jarod or Sachin? Those two have been around since season 1. Brand new cast members who haven't been onscreen yet are announced as regulars. I know it has to do with contracts, but, this has always bugged me.
It really bothers me for Luisa. Jarrod and Sachin, too, but I understand their roles are smaller than JR's, Chuku's, and Shelby's. But Luisa . . .

Quote:
Although I find the anomaly storyline interesting, I'm not feeling the Hope character. It's going to take a lot for her to grow on me and she'll be eating up screen time I would rather see go to other characters. I 'd rather have Diyosa back.
It sounds like we can expect The Hope Show for a while. And I am NOT feeling her character, either. (Or the acting. Yikes. Hopefully she improves.) Side note: I am soooo sick of all TV shows naming babies Hope. They did it on The Originals, and they even did it on This Is Us. It's cliche at this point.
ICON