Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2020, 10:28 AM
  #271
Fan Forum Hero

 
April7739's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 88,359
Hey, Jess. Thanks for all of that.

You know what? This is the unpopular opinion online (or at least on Twitter), but I'm sort of beyond caring what people think of me at this point. Since deactivating Twitter, I've taken some time to just think about things. I asked myself if I needed to stop being a fan of Bob or if I needed to ask for a refund on my Conageddon tickets. After serious contemplation, the answer I've arrived at for both is no. And I could launch into a long spiel explaining why that is, but . . . I don't even feel the need to. This has been a good reminder to not tie my own happiness so closely to a celebrity, but at the same time, I never thought he was perfect.

I hope I don't lose friends over it, and I respect that people are doing whatever they need to do in regards to being a Bob or Beliza fan right now. I realize some people are going to want a public statement. I wouldn't hate one, but I also don't need one.
__________________
BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
SOULMATES IN REAL LIFE
SOULMATES ON SCREEN
ICON
April7739 is offline  
Old 07-10-2020, 11:19 PM
  #272
Part-Time Fan
 
Modo1013's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Modo, I didn’t even watch last night. I don’t think I’m going to finish out the series, tbh. I feel so over it. But “Jason Baitman” had me The only scenes I watched were the Clarke ones. Of course they had her comfort Raven. And we all knew Bellamy was her best friend, but it’s just another line for people to use against Bellarke now.

So the whole thing is revolving around the flame and commanders? I’ll pass. God, I’ve always hated those storylines. Would you mind giving me a quick synopsis? I don’t even feel like reading reviews.



I hate cancel culture so much. Always have, always will.

I don’t know what’s so wrong about just saying that it seems like Bob and Arryn were fundamentally incompatible and that they both likely made mistakes in that relationship. I don’t think either one of them is a horrible person. But you can’t say that on Twitter without being dragged through the mud. That’s why I got the hell off of it.

Share time: I was in a toxic relationship with my one and only serious boyfriend back in college. I yelled at him; he yelled at me. We argued and disagreed a lot. Could one call it emotionally abusive? Sure, on both sides. Do we think of it that way? No, because we both owned up to our **** and moved on. I’m not a horrible person, and neither is he. I think we both learned and grew and became better people.
If you get a chance, I would read Toni's recap for deets. She gives them in entertaining detail. For me to recap, I'll have to rewatch and I don't have it in me to do it. I can tell you that Becca can hear the anomaly stone on earth, starts it up, sees Judgement Day, and she is killed by the end of the episode. The whole Judgement Day thing ties into the Bardo storyline with Clarke and potentially Madi and her drawings.

I've heard that Bob and Eliza are getting a lot of hate. And I can't understand why Arryn got it either. Other than on her own accounts, you didn't see hardly anything about her relationship with Bob. As far as Beliza apologizing, I would think that happened at the time. I wouldn't expect any public acknowledgement. I'm sure they can't wait until the season is over, so, they can move on from the negativity.

My opinion on the subject is also unpopular. I read Arryn's statements a few times, just to wrap my head around what is not sitting right with me. There is something about the grievances listed out with the "I was a victim. Now I'm a survivor" tagline that seems calculated to get a specific response. I'm not saying that the relationship wasn't toxic, it clearly had that element to it. Her allegations are what they are. She can say what she wants to her audience, but it sounded less like her defending herself against the bullies, and more like throwing her ex to the wolves. And I'm not some starry-eyed girl who thinks Bob Morley farts rainbows. He clearly has issues and has been forthcoming about them, including destructive behaviors and suicide attempts. And Arryn has her own issues. She stayed in a toxic relationship until he cheated and left. A good portion of that relationship was long distance, since he was in Canada shooting the show for months at a time. It sounds like these two were ill-suited for each other from the start.

Whether it was bad timing, immaturity, or something else that kept Bob and Eliza from staying together back when they dated the first time, it does seem like they knew that they were it for each other. Bob committed very quickly. Dude put a ring on it. I'm sure it felt like a gut punch to Arryn to have the guy commit so publicly to the woman he left her for. Especially since he never publicly showed that level of commitment to their relationship.

And everyone wants proof of innocence or guilt. To what end? So more hate can be thrown at the alleged evildoers or the accuser? Lose, lose situation all around. Best to have left this to be handled in private and not feed the crazies.

I don't think anyone has to feel bad or defend being fans. Some folks on here have met and spent time with Bob and Eliza. They have been treated well by them. You can enjoy the work someone does and still acknowledge that they have a messy personal life. If they had any other kind of profession, this wouldn't even be an issue.

There is a large number of us who have either been in toxic relationships or were cheated on. It seems to be part of the human condition. I was married to my first husband for almost 7 years when he started a relationship with a 19 year old. He was 31. His behavior after I found out about them was atrocious and he treated me like I didn't exist. Things that were done to me during that time were very tough to bare. And this was the guy who had been my best friend before we even dated. As I was working with a therapist and coming to realize that the marriage wouldn't survive the lack of trust, he got her pregnant. Wasn't "ready" for kids with me, but, they had an accidental pregnancy. I didn't play. Divorced him right away. So there I was with a pricey mortgage, extra bills that he had racked up, no kids, and a badly broken heart. I came out on the other side a hell of a lot stronger. And I certainly didn't call myself a victim.

Last edited by Modo1013; 07-10-2020 at 11:47 PM
Modo1013 is offline  
Old 07-11-2020, 09:01 AM
  #273
Fan Forum Hero

 
April7739's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 88,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo1013 (View Post)
If you get a chance, I would read Toni's recap for deets. She gives them in entertaining detail. For me to recap, I'll have to rewatch and I don't have it in me to do it. I can tell you that Becca can hear the anomaly stone on earth, starts it up, sees Judgement Day, and she is killed by the end of the episode. The whole Judgement Day thing ties into the Bardo storyline with Clarke and potentially Madi and her drawings.
This all sounds way over my head and not very interesting. I don't think I'm finishing out the season now, Modo, unless something really interesting or surprising happens (aka: Bellamy actually being in the episodes, some Bellarke scenes, Echo finally being held accountable for being a horrendous character, etc.)

Quote:
I wouldn't expect any public acknowledgement. I'm sure they can't wait until the season is over, so, they can move on from the negativity.
I was talking to my mom about this yesterday, and she said, "What if your ex-boyfriend stood up at a basketball game and claimed you cheated on him and abused him? Does that mean that, at the next basketball game, you HAVE to respond to him? Is every spectator at that game entitled to know your side of the story or hear what you have to say to him? Absolutely not." This is how I was feeling about things anyway, but hearing her make that comparison really enforced my feeling okay with things regardless of whether we get a statement or not.

Quote:
My opinion on the subject is also unpopular. I read Arryn's statements a few times, just to wrap my head around what is not sitting right with me. There is something about the grievances listed out with the "I was a victim. Now I'm a survivor" tagline that seems calculated to get a specific response. I'm not saying that the relationship wasn't toxic, it clearly had that element to it. Her allegations are what they are. She can say what she wants to her audience, but it sounded less like her defending herself against the bullies, and more like throwing her ex to the wolves. And I'm not some starry-eyed girl who thinks Bob Morley farts rainbows. He clearly has issues and has been forthcoming about them, including destructive behaviors and suicide attempts. And Arryn has her own issues. She stayed in a toxic relationship until he cheated and left. A good portion of that relationship was long distance, since he was in Canada shooting the show for months at a time. It sounds like these two were ill-suited for each other from the start.
I think they were fundamentally incompatible, and Bob has obviously found someone he's a lot more compatible with in Eliza, and I hope that Arryn finds that, too. There are a lot of things in her statement (which I have re-read multiple times) that we just don't have the context for and probably never will. If some of the things she's saying are completely true (IMO, the worst part was her claim that Bob said she cheated on him after her getting sexually harassed at a con), then that's horrible, and I hope and pray he has learned from that.

Again, bringing up the convo with my mom, she said yesterday, "Have you ever made a big mistake?" (Yes, I have. On the job, no less.) Then she said, "And didn't you get a second chance to prove yourself? Didn't you get a chance to learn and grow and become better?" And I did. So she reminded me that I should grant that chance to others. And like, I understand if others feel differently and don't want to. That's fine. But for me . . . it's just not something I can do or want to do.

Quote:
And everyone wants proof of innocence or guilt. To what end? So more hate can be thrown at the alleged evildoers or the accuser? Lose, lose situation all around. Best to have left this to be handled in private and not feed the crazies.
Yeah, I feel like any statement will just result in more hate for Beliza AND more hate for Arryn, and I don't want either of those things.

Quote:
I don't think anyone has to feel bad or defend being fans. Some folks on here have met and spent time with Bob and Eliza. They have been treated well by them. You can enjoy the work someone does and still acknowledge that they have a messy personal life. If they had any other kind of profession, this wouldn't even be an issue.
Thanks for that. This is why I had to get off of Twitter, though. I felt like people were going to be outraged at me for not being automatically outraged with Bob. You know, I've been talking about deactivating Twitter for years, though, now, so it's probably about damn time I finally did.

Quote:
There is a large number of us who have either been in toxic relationships or were cheated on. It seems to be part of the human condition. I was married to my first husband for almost 7 years when he started a relationship with a 19 year old. He was 31. His behavior after I found out about them was atrocious and he treated me like I didn't exist. Things that were done to me during that time were very tough to bare. And this was the guy who had been my best friend before we even dated. As I was working with a therapist and coming to realize that the marriage wouldn't survive the lack of trust, he got her pregnant. Wasn't "ready" for kids with me, but, they had an accidental pregnancy. I didn't play. Divorced him right away. So there I was with a pricey mortgage, extra bills that he had racked up, no kids, and a badly broken heart. I came out on the other side a hell of a lot stronger. And I certainly didn't call myself a victim.
Unpopular opinion again, but terms like "abuse" and "victim" are subjective and variable according to situations. I was in a toxic relationship, too, where both my boyfriend and I argued so much with each other and yelled at each other a lot. I don't think either one of us is an abuser because we both owned up to our ****. That's just our interpretation of what we went through. I fully understand that interpretations can vary.
__________________
BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
SOULMATES IN REAL LIFE
SOULMATES ON SCREEN
ICON
April7739 is offline  
Old 07-11-2020, 09:56 AM
  #274
Part-Time Fan
 
Modo1013's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 147
Yes, those terms are subjective. But, it seems that they are the go-to for every situation, regardless of facts or lack thereof. I'm sure my siblings considered my ex's treatment of me abuse. I'm also sure that if asked whether he abused me, my ex would say he didn't. He did admit to being selfish and the few times I have seen him since have found him unable to look me in the eyes. I forgave him in my heart a long time ago, and was able to move on to a much healthier marriage. For me, forgiveness was the key to opening my heart again. I do like to give people the benefit of the doubt. It's just my nature. Hopefully, Bob and Eliza have looked in their hearts, realized their culpability, and vowed to do better. Especially Bob. I think that is all that can be asked at this point. Folks on social media need to leave all parties alone.

Quitting Twitter is probably a great choice. Way too toxic an environment. And everytime I read a tweet having to do with this show, I end up rolling my eyes. I'm not falling for any baiting about having original cast members in the prequel. They're not sucking me in again. No way.

I will watch the show to the bitter end, but, that will be it for me with anything Jason is involved in. I'm a huge Supernatural fan (big Dean girl), so, I'll probably catch Walker with JPad and Lindsey to see if I like it. Lindsey has paid her dues and she deserves a better storyline.

I hope y'all enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Modo1013 is offline  
Old 07-12-2020, 03:33 AM
  #275
dbn
Fan Forum Star

 
dbn's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 202,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo1013 (View Post)
.... There is something about the grievances listed out with the "I was a victim. Now I'm a survivor" tagline that seems calculated to get a specific response. ......
.....but it sounded less like her defending herself against the bullies, and more like throwing her ex to the wolves. .
Thank you for pointing this out
Last weekend it felt so weird that no one else got that point.
__________________
Attended Katie's School of Observation!
I forgot something...that I forgot
dbn is offline  
Old 07-13-2020, 10:59 AM
  #276
Ultimate Fan

 
CloisFan's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,439
Jason only cares about his prequel now.
__________________
Laura
A Joe Keery fan page

icon: rachel/adam
CloisFan is offline  
Old 07-13-2020, 03:09 PM
  #277
Fan Forum Hero

 
April7739's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 88,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloisFan (View Post)
Jason only cares about his prequel now.
It really does seem that way. Which I hate. Honestly, I was already out on the prequel, but then when I heard it was going to be a lot about the flame? The flame wasn’t a good story even the first time around.
__________________
BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
SOULMATES IN REAL LIFE
SOULMATES ON SCREEN
ICON
April7739 is offline  
Old 07-15-2020, 08:11 PM
  #278
Part-Time Fan
 
Modo1013's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 147
Ok. Rant coming.

I have always been the kind of person to delight in the small pleasures in life: a beautiful sunset, dancing to an R&B jam, a nice glass of wine. I've learned to be thankful for these things, especially when times are as bleak as they are now. With the upheaval in our lives that the pandemic has caused, I was so looking forward to watching the final season of The 100. It was a bittersweet feeling, knowing that I would be saying goodbye to a few of my all-time favorite characters.

But, DAMN IT!! What in the hell is wrong with Jason Rothenberg? This doesn't even remotely resemble the show that I have watched faithfully for 6 seasons. I'm actually angry over this. He spent 8 of the last 9 episodes basically doing almost nothing. Forward movement is almost non-existent, and the character beats we have gotten are for those we either don't know or don't give a **** about. I'm so sick of the Hope and Echo show. Octavia is a footnote in her own storyline. And where the hell is Clarke? The main protagonist of the show can rack up another episode that she isn't even in. Gah. I'm so frustrated with Rothenberg. I figured Bellamy would be missing again, but, NO Clarke. After that ending to the last episode. I just want to punch him for the way he has handled this season.

What a slap in the face to the longtime loyal fans. He can take his nasty prequel and stick it where the sun don't shine.
Modo1013 is offline  
Old 07-15-2020, 08:20 PM
  #279
Addicted Fan

 
Steph26's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,503
I literally wrote April earlier and said, “They made Echo and Hope leads.” I haven’t watched tonight’s episode, and I’m not in a rush to do so. I’m sooooo over it.
__________________
Icon by spacekru
Steph26 is offline  
Old 07-15-2020, 09:08 PM
  #280
Moderator Support Team

 
Tina's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 90,100
Yeah - pretty much on Echo and Hope.
Tina is offline  
Old 07-16-2020, 09:37 AM
  #281
dbn
Fan Forum Star

 
dbn's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 202,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 (View Post)
I literally wrote April earlier and said, “They made Echo and Hope leads.” I haven’t watched tonight’s episode, and I’m not in a rush to do so. I’m sooooo over it.
That sure as hell won't get me to watch anything!
__________________
Attended Katie's School of Observation!
I forgot something...that I forgot
dbn is offline  
Old 07-16-2020, 09:55 AM
  #282
Fan Forum Hero

 
April7739's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 88,359
Steph, maybe just save up the eps and binge them at some point. If you and the hubby feel like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo1013 (View Post)
Ok. Rant coming.

I have always been the kind of person to delight in the small pleasures in life: a beautiful sunset, dancing to an R&B jam, a nice glass of wine. I've learned to be thankful for these things, especially when times are as bleak as they are now. With the upheaval in our lives that the pandemic has caused, I was so looking forward to watching the final season of The 100. It was a bittersweet feeling, knowing that I would be saying goodbye to a few of my all-time favorite characters.
I feel the same way. Thinking that I was going to be able to enjoy the final season of my favorite show . . . it was something to look forward to when things were starting to become super bleak. But sadly, this final season has just added to the bleakness. There is so little, if anything, to enjoy. I mean, I never thought I would just stop watching. But here we are.

Quote:
But, DAMN IT!! What in the hell is wrong with Jason Rothenberg? This doesn't even remotely resemble the show that I have watched faithfully for 6 seasons. I'm actually angry over this. He spent 8 of the last 9 episodes basically doing almost nothing. Forward movement is almost non-existent, and the character beats we have gotten are for those we either don't know or don't give a **** about. I'm so sick of the Hope and Echo show. Octavia is a footnote in her own storyline. And where the hell is Clarke? The main protagonist of the show can rack up another episode that she isn't even in. Gah. I'm so frustrated with Rothenberg. I figured Bellamy would be missing again, but, NO Clarke. After that ending to the last episode. I just want to punch him for the way he has handled this season.
It’s unfathomable to me that he wrote these episodes, or at least oversaw the writing of them, and thought that this would be a riveting and satisfying conclusion to the series. The characters we love are MIA, replaced instead by characters who are generally hated or too new to be invested in. Key relationships are non-existent. The plot is straight-up boring in Sanctum and is confusing and too drawn-out on Bardo. The overall storytelling seems over-ambitious, with little emotional payoff for viewers.

Quote:
What a slap in the face to the longtime loyal fans. He can take his nasty prequel and stick it where the sun don't shine.
Love you, Modo.
__________________
BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
SOULMATES IN REAL LIFE
SOULMATES ON SCREEN
ICON
April7739 is offline  
Old 07-16-2020, 11:11 AM
  #283
Addicted Fan

 
Steph26's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,503
We did that for a few episodes last month, April. I liked it better that way. Is there a 3 week break now? Either we’ll wait or we’ll put it on while doing something else so we’re halfway watching.

Same about the really crappy timing too for this to be such a bad final season in such a chaotic, emotionally up and down year.
__________________
Icon by spacekru
Steph26 is offline  
Old 07-16-2020, 11:25 AM
  #284
Ultimate Fan

 
CloisFan's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,439
I don't even recognize this show anymore.
__________________
Laura
A Joe Keery fan page

icon: rachel/adam
CloisFan is offline  
Old 07-16-2020, 03:15 PM
  #285
Part-Time Fan
 
Modo1013's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 147
Reviewers and other places discussing the show have quite a few comments about how it isn't the same show this season. And it isn't in a positive way. It isn't just us. I also see a bunch of comments blaming Beliza's "personal" issues for all of the changes. The writers break the storyline in early summer. Unless Eliza miscarried back in June or July, this season's storylines were already set up. The only thing I can think of is that Clarke needed Bellamy for her storyline this year. With the exception of Raven, most of Clarke's relationship issues had been resolved...except for Bellamy. That is the only thing that makes sense as far as Clarke's lack of screentime after the premiere. I know that Rothenberg baited the hell out of us with these two, but, I can't help but think that he had some kind of resolution planned for them. Even if it was one the Bellarke fans wouldn't like. The whole narrative of the show wouldn't make sense, otherwise. Of course, I could just be completely mistaken and the writers are just arseholes.

I also have read that a lot of folks are loving this season. They are mostly the fans tuning in for the scifi stuff. But even that isn't making much sense when nothing moves forward.

Is it wrong that I was rooting for Hope to really be taking a knife to the throat, and that it wasn't just simulation? I really resent how much screentime that character has eaten up. And as much as I enjoy JR Bourne chewing away at the scenery, I'm ready for Sheidy to die, too. The whole Sanctum plot seems unnecessary except to give Memori something to do. As much as I love Indra, I wish they had taken that in a different direction.
Modo1013 is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
the 100, rant


Forum Affiliates
Grounders Source, One Clan Gifs, Bellarke
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:25 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2020.

Copyright © 1998-2020, Fan Forum.


TEST