Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2020, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

we get along because we’re more than the characters we love and our opinions, it may be stressful being the only echo lover here but that’s how it’s supposed to be and instead of turning on each other we use our polarising opinions to our advantage and I think that’s beautiful.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 05-26-2020, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There you go.

Just beware, though, I might REALLY utilize this thread to get my thoughts on her out this year. Like all those promo photos, for instance. ALL of them being of that particular trio? Gabriel, sweetie, let’s get you out of there.
✗ ICON
Old 05-27-2020, 08:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loppabelle (View Post)
Jason is like a child. Oh, new shiny toy. And then when he’s sick of it after five minutes, off to the side in the toy chest to collect dust. Pathetic, really.
This. That's one of the reasons that he sucks as a showrunner. He knows what the fans want and he has just decided to do what he wants. This is regardless of what has been shown onscreen in the past. See my shiny new toys. Personal growth for beloved characters be damned.

IMO, the fans want a real "story", which includes motivation and emotion from the characters. The twisty, over complicated plot lines are not enough. Every once in a while, the show gets it right - s4 for example. It's like JR went to the CW brass every season with the biggest, most explosive plots, playing up the scifi and the shiny new characters. Concentrating on the stuff he thought was cool. It makes me wish this show was on cable, where it wouldn't just be labeled a teen drama.

Don't get me wrong. I love the scifi stuff, but, I love the characters more. What I don’t love is watching a show for 7 seasons and being disappointed in the final season. And that's what I'm afraid is going to happen.

I'll watch tonight's episode, but, I won't be as invested. I'm interested in seeing Octavia and Diyoza, but, that's kind of it.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

MODO! Once again, you literally just said EVERYTHING I’m feeling! Am I just a stan account for you at this point? Seriously. I couldn’t agree more. To be honest, the episode Bob directed is the last episode where I was even able to follow along with the plot. I don’t know what’s happening anymore, and I’m so pissed that this non-sensical plot is taking over the story at the expense of the characters.

Also . . . can someone explain to me why 93% of the promotional material this season has involved Echo? Like . . . is that really the best way to pump up the general audience member?
✗ ICON
Old 05-27-2020, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

We’re ready for tonight?
Old 05-27-2020, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ready to come in here and RANT! I didn't realize how much I needed this thread until this season.
✗ ICON
Old 05-27-2020, 03:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Ready to come in here and RANT! I didn't realize how much I needed this thread until this season.
Shade incoming in t-minus 3 hours!
Old 05-27-2020, 04:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Just a couple of minutes until the Hope and Echo show. Sigh.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:03 PM
Elite Fan

God almighty, Burn it down! Was this the 100?
Old 05-27-2020, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I will join you in ranting tomorrow, girls. This thread is a sanctuary.
✗ ICON
Old 05-28-2020, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

I want to add my two black cents in. As a woman of color, I did not take Bob’s words out of context. Speaking out against anything can be hard for any human being.

I think Bob’s words were meant as more violence doesn’t stop the awful cycle of violence. I didn’t take it as judgement against the real anger we are feeling. I happen to believe he’s right. And that’s not me telling others how to feel. I happen to think that this violence only makes it easier for them to keep killing us. They need any excuse, don’t give them more.

I’m just sad that his words were met with hostility and bashing. He didn’t deserve that. He stood on his public platform and made a declaration against all of the injustice going on in the world. It’s more than you can say about most public figures. I may not be liked for this, but the fury at him was blown way out of proportion.

What we need now is empathy, and understanding, talking, justice, equality. Not fighting against the very voices trying to make the difference. I wish that some of those comments were met with a breath before tweeting. That reaction today is why many tv/movie/singers refuse to use their voices because the herd will gather and string them up by the balls with one wrong turn. I feel like as his fans, a step back would’ve been necessary. Bob’s well documented mental health is always at the forefront of many of his tweets. A fan base(his fans) completely erased that from memory and pounced. We opened him up further abuse from those trolls who already talk harshly about Bob without reason. I’d respect tweeting @ him respectfully, maybe even educating better. Not demanding apologies and so forth. But the attacking was uncalled for. I feel sad all around. Yucky even. He did a good thing and he’s being lambasted for it.

It’s why I don’t like going deeply into things especially on twitter. I’ve been misinterpreted myself.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for your "two black cents," Sharon.

Quote:
I think Bob’s words were meant as more violence doesn’t stop the awful cycle of violence. I didn’t take it as judgement against the real anger we are feeling. I happen to believe he’s right. And that’s not me telling others how to feel. I happen to think that this violence only makes it easier for them to keep killing us. They need any excuse, don’t give them more.
You know what's interesting about this? I talked to my mom about this whole situation this morning after I saw Bob's tweet, and she brought up her feelings on the looting and violent protests and how she worries that it's only strengthening the negative stereotypes people already have; and while I reminded her that the bigger issue is that a man was unjustly killed, I do have to say that I never thought about this. My thoughts on the violent protests are mainly just, "Oh my god, please don't let anyone get shot here." Honestly. I always worry about more lives being lost in one of these protests. It's just a gut reaction I always have. When I see this stuff on the news, it scares me. Not for me, but for anyone who's there. At the same time, though, I understand, as much as I possibly can as a white woman who has never experienced racism, why they feel so desperate.

I'm someone who doesn't condone violence at all, and maybe it's naiive of me, but I like to believe that violence is never the answer and that long-term change can be achieved by peaceful protests and by exercising your right to vote. While I won't sit here and condemn the violent protests, I also won't sit here and say, "I believe that's the right way to go about this." I don't know if there even is a right way, to be honest. I didn't get any judgment from what he tweeted, just him sharing his opinion, which is that he doesn't think anger and violence should automatically be equated, but he does stand behind the outrage, and that's why he was encouraging people to vote. And I happen to agree with this, but I feel like I can't tweet it.

Could he have been less vague in his wording? Sure. Could he say the words "I'm sorry?" Sure. Am I going to rake him through the coals if he doesn't? No, because I applaud him for using his platform to say something, even if it's not something everyone agrees with completely. I think we're all in the same boat of feeling outraged by this, and not one of us is an expert at choosing the exact right wording to discuss it, and not one of us has all the answers about how to fix this deep-rooted issue in our society. Including him, including everyone on Twitter.
✗ ICON
Old 05-28-2020, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

I’m with you April. Anger takes form in many way, not always healthy ways. But I tend to ask those looting, setting fires, etc. what has that ever truly done to stop this horrible cycle? Sadly, this isn’t the first wrongful police killing and it won’t be the last. Unfortunately, the violent protests never create the change needed in our judiciary system. It doesn’t stop another police killing or beating. So once again I ask, what are we really doing here? Because looting and setting things on fire is not the long term solution. We need real resolution as a society. I want to hear this being fought about next week, next month, next year. Let’s put our heads and hearts together to make it happen.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I can’t fault Bob for sharing non-violent beliefs, because I have non-violent beliefs, too. And I can’t apologize for that. For me, anger and violence just are not and never will be the same. It’s just part of who I am. I didn’t get the sense that he was condemning anyone simply by tweeting something non-violent. I saw some comments that were constructive, which is fine, but if he’s receiving comments to the point where he feels like he just has to shut up and not say anything, then that’s silencing someone who is trying to step up and be an ally, and I don’t think that’s the way to go about this.

Anyone want to rant about the episode now? Modo? Where are you at, Modo? Where’s my FF soulmate?
✗ ICON
Old 05-28-2020, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

I’m 100% with you.

Sure, we can bitch about the 100 to lighten the mood.