Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-16-2018, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm scared

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 07-16-2018, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, here we go. I just need to get it all off my chest.

Tasya. Oh, Tasya. Thank you, Tasya, for giving us 2018's version of "Bellarke ****."

Now I've met Tasya. I have nothing bad to say about her based on my experience of meeting her. She was the one I interacted with the least, but she was very nice.

However . . . saying that Bellamy and Clarke are like brother and sister is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. And this doesn't mean that Tasya herself is dumb. I'm sure she's not. It's just a dumb thing to say, just like Eliza's "Bellarke ****" was a dumb thing to say. I mean, I've literally always laughed when I hear the antis say this, but to hear a cast member say it is just infuriating to me, and embarrassing for her.

First off . . . WTF show is she watching? (Somebody should really tell her that Bellarke won Sexiest Moment for the second year in a row by an overwhelming margin. No, just kidding, nobody should actually tell her that.) I have not really read her interviews or anything and know nothing about the answers she's given in panels, but I did see one interview she gave describing Becho (where she actually described more of Bellarke's relationship, but whatever), and the things I've learned in the past few days are . . . quizzical. Telling people Raven and Echo are roommates in space when they're not? Saying that Becho wouldn't happen when they did? Telling a Bellarke fan she'll love 5x06? What?

She's entitled to her own opinion, however off-base I think it is, but generally opinions have some basis in . . . fact. And unfortunately, it seems that Tasya has had to create a lot of headcanons for her character and for Bellamy/Echo because the writers haven't given her much to work with. This statement, though, was just REALLY out there, and it really disappointed me to hear her say that when she knows how many Bellarke fans are out there. And I know she hasn't had a pleasant experience with Bellarke fans this year, and I find it shameful that some Bellarkers out there have been so awful to her. But I know people who have met her who now feel like their experience meeting her is tainted. I can relate to this, because the first time I met Eliza was right after "Bellarke ****," and I felt so nervous about it. That's changed now, thankfully, and I feel at ease around her these days. But that first meet-up with her wasn't as enjoyable as the next two.

Nobody should be sending Tasya death threats or anything, and it's not even necessary to send her hate. But really, she should think about how she's phrasing something, because something like this serves to absolutely DEMORALIZE people in the fan base. And newsflash, the Bellarke fan base is the biggest fan base the show still has. The Bellarke fan base has ben promoting the hell out of this show season after season. If the demoralized episode reactors, fan artists, vid-makers, and fanfic writers get to the point where they feel like such kicked puppies that they don't even want to create content, then the show loses a lot of its promotion. And we all know the CW is sketchy when it comes to promoting it.

I know it must be frustrating for her this season, playing a character she's probably very attached to that at least half the viewing audience still dislikes, and being in a ship that is not popular. (I'm gonna be honest, I see a lot of Becho fans who are just masquerading as that and are really just anti-Bellarke. Like, seriously, they hate on Bellamy for 4 seasons and now all of a sudden are pretending to ship him with somebody? Nope, for most people, it doesn't work like that.) The thing is, no remarks that she has made would ever warrant something crazy like death threats or online harassment, but people have a right to disagree and be upset about it. It's not fun feeling like your opinions are constantly being invalidated.

And then she goes and likes a Bellarke video the next day so . . . I don't even know, Tasya. I'm just not a fan right now. I'd never send her hate or anything, but yeah . . . that's pretty much it, I guess.
ICON
Old 07-17-2018, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^

Great thoughts.

I've concluded that she either lives in the moment and just says sht to say it, she was trolling, OR she doesn't have any understanding of the Bellarke dynamic because she hasn't watched the past seasons or if she has, she wasn't paying attention to the Bellarke dynamic.

But like... take the scene when Becho is all gross kissing and Clarke is looking at them with confusion and yes, jealousy. Wasn't she around to hear how Eliza was instructed to nonverbally act in that scene? You would think she would be.

Either way, I don't think she's dumb so she was either trolling, lives in the moment and doesn't really care what she says, or she just hasn't been paying attention.

It is still annoying regardless.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly . . . I know it must be frustrating for her acting out a character who has not been well-received by at least half the viewers this season (which isn’t her fault—I feel it’s the shallow writing of Echo’s redemption arc), and I know it must be frustrating to act out a relationship and have it be negatively received by the majority of the fandom. Not everyone, but the majority. A vocal majority. Again, not her fault. And I realize that her experiences with the Bellarke fandom this season have been largely negative, and I feel bad for her for that and embarrassed as a Bellarke fan. Fans want her to respect them, but they need to respect her, too. Respect is a two way street, and in this particular instance, it’s a two-way problem.

But that doesn’t change the fact that she said probably the most ridiculous thing a cast member has ever said about them and is responsible now for demoralizing a lot of fans and altering the perceptions of people (including some Bellarke fans) who have defended her a lot this season. Basically, she needs to learn from it and have some better answers prepared next time, not only because of how an answer like this affects fans, but also because it affects my view of her. I really question her ability to interpret the show now.
ICON
Old 07-17-2018, 09:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Haven’t had much time to come on this board in a while, but came to read April’s rant.

I don’t know much about her, tbh, but reading about some things she’s said makes me feel like she might be a bit socially awkward and speaks without thinking, or she has a different sense of humor. Or maybe she’s just trying to throw people off. Thats the feeling I get, at least. Still an inaccurate and bad comment to make. She hasn’t addressed it?
Old 07-17-2018, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Somebody tweeted her a Bellarke vid that said something like “brother and sister huh?” or something like that. And she liked it. It’s probably best if she just doesn’t say anything more on it.

I don’t know, she seemed very socially comfortable when I met her.

I think ultimately she just stuck her foot in her mouth, like we all have from time to time, but she’s going to have to get some better responses prepared for future conventions. Eliza had to learn it, and now so does Tasya. I honestly think some media training might benefit the cast and creators.

But this whole thing just . . . it brings focus to a bigger issue, and that is the absolute deterioration of the relationship between Bellarke fans and the creators this season. Jason can’t tweet anything anymore without getting “no Bellarke, no show” in response, which repulses me because it’s the exact same kind of temper tantrum as “no Lexa, no show.” I know he’s kind of a different showrunner, and I’m not his biggest fan, either, but the Bellarke fans out on Twitter aren’t giving him any reason to look favorably upon our fandom this year. People were awful to the writer of 5x06 and the writer of 5x09. People were awful to Sachin, who is probably the kindest, most articulate cast member, at the start of the season. I mean . . . I don’t know, maybe I skipped the era where it became socially acceptable to just be an ass on Twitter, all in the name of “voicing your opinion.” Yes, voicing your opinion matters, but HOW you voice it still matters, too.
ICON
Old 07-17-2018, 10:11 AM
Addicted Fan

Ohhhh Jason’s totally awkward in my opinion. That’s why I learned to just not pay attention to him, lol.

I don’t get on Twitter, but it seems like the problem lies in how society has changed based on social media. People would not be like that in real life, but way too many become internet tough guys/bullies. I really am terrified of how to teach my kids to deal with it. It’s too bad people are like that. A tv show is just that...a tv show. Maybe they haven’t had enough life experiences to help the learn what’s important in life. Have to learn to let things roll off of you, especially when it comes to the internet.

People went after Sachin? Oh geez, had no idea. Sad day.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don’t envy you having to teach your kids about social media someday, Steph. I suppose if I have kids, I’ll face that same challenge.

Too many people have used online communication as an excuse to toss aside the basic fundamental etiquette of communication. It disgusts me. Social media exploded, and people just dove in head first, and now we’re having to backtrack and figure out how we actually should communicate online.
ICON
Old 07-17-2018, 10:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Just had to say, I am completely against sending hate to cast and crew on Twitter but I'm not really surprised by the way people treat Jason.

I mean...this is the same man who tweeted "he he he" during the sex scene in 5x06 and then deleted it. He has a long history of poking at Bellarke fans, so while I'm against sending hate I don't think he has as much of a right to be upset about it as the other members of the cast and crew.

Part of me thinks it's his way of riling up the fans in order to get more mentions so the show trends on social media. But he's definitely at least a little bit motivated by spite. I mean, Aaron did an interview way back in season 2 where he said Jason kind of wanted to not make Bellarke canon just to be "spiteful", he used that word exactly.

I honestly think it would be better for him and the show as a whole if he either stayed off social media entirely, or went through some training on how to interact with fans.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh man, I didn’t know these things.

Yeah, I’m not super sympathetic to Jason, because he brings a lot of it on himself. But I get sick of people just complaining on every single tweet he makes.
ICON
Old 07-17-2018, 12:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Definitely agree with you there April. The "no bellarke no show" tweets make me cringe. They also give me flashbacks to the season 3 nightmare.

I'm honestly seriously considering deactivating my Twitter at this point, because I don't like having negative thoughts towards members of the cast/crew.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would, except I need to keep it for Conageddon purposes.

I’m going to have to do something different with Twitter for season 6, though. Maybe I’ll just follow Logan and that’s it.
ICON
Old 07-17-2018, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, so I have a lot of feelings lately, let's see if venting here helps

First off, I won't get involved in the Tasya stuff cause it is so stressful for me, all I will say is, I love Taysa, and my heart goes out to her, all she is doing is playing a character and doesn't deserve the hate she is getting. Moving on.

I'm sorry, but I need to rant about Bellarke fans for a second, because what I have seen lately is quite worrying. I get that Jason isn't perfect by any means, but the hate I have seen torward him lately is appalling, and as a Bellarke fan, I am so sick of us all looking like the bad guys, cause honestly the negative fans always seem to be the loudest. So things aren't going our way right now? Does that suck? of course it does. but so many fans are acting out, it honestly makes us look like brats, I understand people are frustrated, and losing faith, and it is true that we've been baited by Jason for the longest time and I do feel like he either needs to just go for it with Bellarke, or just not bother. Instead of feeding us little bits her and there. But at the same time, it feels like if the show isn't going in the favour of Bellarke fans, they kick off. (and this isn't the Bellarke show).

Another thing I worry about, why would he give fans what they want, if Bellarke fans are always giving him grief on Twitter? I think sometimes Bellarke fans react too quickly to what is happening on the show instead of looking at the bigger picture. For instance, the way fans "cancelled" Bellamy in the beginning of the season, yet all seem to be fine with him right now.

JUST TO BE CLEAR, I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ALL BC FANS, JUST SOME.

I think Jason is a brilliant writer, and I still love this show as much now, as the day I started watching it, I love the plot, the characters, the drama, the angst and of course Bellamy, Clarke and Bellarke. I just wish people would back off him a bit, he's still a human being and he has created such a beautifully controversial show that we are all so passionate about. Yes, we should debate and analysis, and it's great that people are so impassioned, but there is a way to go about it.

When I lost Clexa/Lexa back in S3, I was honestly heart broken, it messed me up more than any character death ever has, I even called in sick for work I was that distraught, but did I give Jason grief? No. Did I threaten to boycott the show? No. Did I turn against other ships or threaten actors? No I didn't. I dealt with my frustration by talking on and I moved past it. It's honestly not that difficult to be respectful whilst also expressing your frustration.

/ sorry, I know I'm not good at articulating myself and I hope I haven't offended anyone.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 07-17-2018, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No, I totally agree with that, Becks. And I honestly fear Jason will be so upset with Bellarke fans that he will never give us Bellarke for that reason. I feel like it’s an obvious endgame, and the only thing that could prevent it is him deciding against it due to “us” giving him grief.

I have been so disappointed in the Bellarke fandom this season. So disappointed. This is not the same Bellarke fandom that existed back in season 3, back when we felt like we had to promote positivity about the show and support the cast and crew to keep it going. This is a Bellarke fandom that is behaving like the Clexa fandom did in season 3 by claiming they hate the show, sending actors like Tasya hate. Like, I’m pretty upset with her right now, but I’d never send her hate. Never. Bob was the one that got the hate in season 3; do people just forget that? (And to be clear, just as we’re not referring to all Bellarke fans here, I’m certainly not referring to all Clexas. The two situations are so similar it’s not even funny. And in both situations, the negative ones are the loudest, and it’s not fair to the others.)

And I don’t even understand where it’s coming from. Yes, the combination of Bellarke angst plus Becho this season has been tough, but the season isn’t done, and we have a season 6, and it pisses me off to no end to see people throw in the towel. Were they around, during season 3, I wonder? If so, they’re being incredibly hypocritical. If not, they should still know better.
ICON
Old 07-17-2018, 03:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, agreed with you both. That's one of the main reasons that I'm considering leaving Twitter. The mob mentality environment there is honestly frightening sometimes.