Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-23-2018, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It wasn’t even someone I follow (well, one person complained about something because of some unpopular opinion threads, but I saw who liked it and went to their page, and they were slamming her. Saying that Eliza “manipulates fan reactions” I guess maybe “using” fans ideas and going along with them just to stay on their good sides? But then she pisses off fans either way when she doesn’t ship what they want her to... fans can’t have it both ways.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 10-23-2018, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’ll never quite forget “Bellarke ****,” I must admit, but having spent more time with her now, I can say that it definitely is just in her nature to curse, and that helps ease the sting of it. But I think she’s learned a lot since then and has been treating all fans very respectfully ever since.
ICON
Old 10-24-2018, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, what she said still stings but she's done a lot better since then and she never seems malicious about it, just honest. So, these people need to shut it and realise that it's a RL person and not a character that they're slamming.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 10-29-2018, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

I have a fandom rant. I am bothered by people calling those of us that don’t ship a certain couple homophobic. I’m sorry but it’s super insulting. We all don’t have the same tastes in ships and it has nothing to do with the sex of the people involved. I happen to ship many m/m and f/f ships on other shows but I don’t need to advertise it as something special. It’s just relationships that I hold on equal grounding as a m/f and I don’t have to justify that. Thank you very much. I honestly think the people throwing out homophobic generalizations are the ones with the issues. A ship preference doesn’t reflect my feelings one way or the other.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

omg, agreed. Especially when they accuse actual LGBTQ+ people of being homophobic.

Old 10-29-2018, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

Oh god, that’s even worse. I mean really? Stop. Quite frankly it’s embarrassing.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It really is.

Old 10-29-2018, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

It’s good to have a place to rant. Like I don’t even get involved in the fandom crap and somehow it still ends up on my Twitter tl. I just roll my eyes. I can’t get away no matter how hard that I try. It’s like a cancer.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by loppabelle (View Post)
I have a fandom rant. I am bothered by people calling those of us that don’t ship a certain couple homophobic. I’m sorry but it’s super insulting. We all don’t have the same tastes in ships and it has nothing to do with the sex of the people involved. I happen to ship many m/m and f/f ships on other shows but I don’t need to advertise it as something special. It’s just relationships that I hold on equal grounding as a m/f and I don’t have to justify that. Thank you very much. I honestly think the people throwing out homophobic generalizations are the ones with the issues. A ship preference doesn’t reflect my feelings one way or the other.
This has always been just awful to me. Homophobic is a big word to throw out there. It’s like when people call somebody a racist when they have no support for that. Or when people throw around the word abusive too easily. I hate when people throw out very serious accusations like that, not realizing or just not caring that falsely accusing somebody of having such an attitude is very hurtful and judgmental.
ICON
Old 10-29-2018, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

It’s harsh and definitely unnecessary. I’m all about love and I don’t give a damn if it’s a hetero or same sex couple. My parents raised a really open minded woman( thank god) and I don’t look at relationships through a lens nor do I care who someone loves. I’m all about doing what makes you happy in every way. Life is way too short.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Life is indeed to short. I'll call out someone for being homophobic if they're actually homophobic and spreading negativity/ignorance, but sometimes I try to do it in an educational way, especially if they're really just misinformed or made an honest mistake on some info.

Gotta love having a rant thread. I don't like a lot of negativity, but sometimes it's just good to have a place to let it out.

Old 10-29-2018, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

As a hetero woman, I tend to not understand a lot of things concerning the LGTBQ community. Their struggles and such. I never get how simple things such a marriage becomes an issue. But I openly acknowledge that. I imagine it’s like someone not imagining my struggles as a person of color. Not that it’s the same but it easy to overlook and not truly understand when it’s not your own personal struggle. Basically, a walk a mile in my shoes type of thing.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed. And as much as POC and LGBTQ+ and other groups can be marginalized, and for as much intersectionality we try to understand, we can't fully grasp it unless we are part of those groups.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to say, this rant thread ends up producing some great discussion.
ICON
Old 10-29-2018, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, that's one of the things I like a lot. We aren't just screaming into the void with no answers, and we often have good advice and opinions or though-provoking questions.