Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-17-2018, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that Bellarke fans targeting Jason isn't good, but I also think that Jason talking about Becho when he's specifically asked about Bellarke, or the "hehehe" he tweeted about 5x06 and blocking perfectly polite people on Twitter is just exceptionally unprofessional and petty, and Bellarke fans are perfectly allowed to react and think that he's acting poorly towards the fandom. Bellarke fans who respectfully criticize the writing in polite ways should in no way warrant this petty behavior from Jason.

Now, if he blocks rude people, I totally get that.

However, I will also say, if he's going to not make Bellarke canon just because of a couple bad eggs, and he's willing to let chemistry and history between BC go to waste all for the sake of being petty, well... that's just bad writing.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 07-17-2018, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm making a Twitter post about this. I feel inspired. I might regret this. But I don't really care if people stop following me because of it. I have to stand up for what I think is right, and the behavior of (some) Bellarke fans this season has just not been right.
ICON
Old 07-18-2018, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
I think that Bellarke fans targeting Jason isn't good, but I also think that Jason talking about Becho when he's specifically asked about Bellarke, or the "hehehe" he tweeted about 5x06 and blocking perfectly polite people on Twitter is just exceptionally unprofessional and petty, and Bellarke fans are perfectly allowed to react and think that he's acting poorly towards the fandom. Bellarke fans who respectfully criticize the writing in polite ways should in no way warrant this petty behavior from Jason.

Now, if he blocks rude people, I totally get that.

However, I will also say, if he's going to not make Bellarke canon just because of a couple bad eggs, and he's willing to let chemistry and history between BC go to waste all for the sake of being petty, well... that's just bad writing.
It's just pettiness on both sides as far as I'm concerned. I've seen some tweets which warrant the accounts being blocked by Jason but there were some nice, respectful tweets which represented fair criticism of the show and the direction this season, and YET those accounts got blocked as well. If Jason can't take the heat, then maybe consider how his tweets come off to fans, you know people who SUPPORT the show and keep it going, especially after all the cancellation campaigns?

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-18-2018, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jason can be an ass, as we all know, but I’m sick of seeing Bellarke fans act like asses to him at every single turn, too. It’s embarrassing. Everyone wants to blame the creators without accepting their own share of the blame. It’s a two-way problem as far as I’m concerned.

I made my Twitter post about all this yesterday. It’s gotten a good response (as far as I know, as I have muted some people), so I’m happy about that.
ICON
Old 07-22-2018, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So, with every Con comes controversy and I see BC's and CL's arguing on Twitter about a comment Bob made, WHATS NEW???

Anyway, the comment was about Lexa being an accumulation of the past 13 Commanders and I KNEW when he said it he was gonna get heat for it, cause when he said it my heart kinda sank a little.

So there have been two distinct responses and they go like this:

BC: Oh my God, the shade, Bob is king, Bob said Lexa has no personality, WE STAN ONE MAN, BLAH BLAH BLAH

CL: Omg how Dare Bob speak Lexa's name, he hates her, remember when he called her I tyrant, BLAH BLAH BLAH.

These comments may be different but they're BOTH overreactions, BOTH fandoms twisted what he said to fit their own agenda.

How I felt about the comment:

If I'm being completely honest here, I didn't like the comment, just like people didnt like Tasya saying Bellarke are like siblings, I don't like Bob suggesting that Lexa didn't have a personality, cause that undersells the character on so many levels, don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at him for it, and i'm not gonna make it more dramatic than it is, like others have, it was just one of those comments, LIKE TASYA'S that seemed a little insensitive. But I just wish people would stop twisting things to make them so way more worse than they are, actors have opinions and they are ENTITLED TO. Leave them be.

Thoughts?

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 07-22-2018, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, it’s hard for me to say because I have no attachment to Lexa and what he brought up is something I kind of wondered about, too, but . . . to me, he’s saying something more about the writing than he is the character. Which brings me back to my lingering issues with the flame. The writers don’t seem to really know exactly how it works. We can see through Madi that it does alter a person. The Madi who killed that Eligius guy isn’t the same girl who wanted Clarke to spare the Eligius guy who didn’t want to kill her in 5x01. So I think, in this case, we have textual proof that the flame really does alter a person’s existing personality, whereas I think we’ve gotten no textual proof with what Tasya said. Also, he was just sitting there wondering out loud, and Eliza ended up wondering right along with him.

But yeah, both sides are probably blowing it out of proportion, like always. He wasn’t throwing shade, so neither side has the right to twist his words.

I’m not letting that ruin a great SDCC.
ICON
Old 07-22-2018, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think he did make up a really good point about the ridiculousness of the way they've written the whole flame thing. I don't really think it was meant to be a dig at Lexa.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think he did make up a really good point about the ridiculousness of the way they've written the whole flame thing. I don't really think it was meant to be a dig at Lexa.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

In regards to the flame I think people overlook this quote from Titus:

“It matters. I've served 4 Commanders as Fleimkepa, none of them half as wise or strong as Lexa kom Trikru. The truth is, she was all those things even before Ascension. The Flame deepens what's already there.”

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 07-22-2018, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I never got the sense that it completely changed a person, like who they are at their core. But it definitely alters them. Like I said, we saw that with Madi.
ICON
Old 08-20-2018, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I would agree that it alters and influences them to a certain extent. But that ultimately, the Flame doesn't control a person's thoughts entirely. That would be scary and would take away that person's agency.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-22-2018, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

My rant is that I wish that I could erase everything that I know about s5. You see me, you see a bitter jaded bitch. I ain’t even gonna lie.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I understand that, Sharon. I feel like if I hadn't watched season five live, but I knew what happened, it wouldn't make me excited to watch the season.

My rant is that Jason keeps opening his mouth and saying dumb things. I feel like he riles us up on purpose.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Mood, girls.

Honestly, this season dampened my enthusiasm for the show and I HATE it so much. I just get SO frustrated because I know that they're capable of SO MUCH MORE. Hopefully, next season will be much better.

And yes, Jason doesn't help matters at all. He seems almost hellbent on pissing fans off and wanting to drive people away, which is BIZARRE to me.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-24-2018, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

It was never about Bellamy and Clarke becoming a canon couple. I mentally prepare for disappointment concerning every couple I ship. The potential is always there that I won’t be happy when all is said and done. Though I haven’t watched, it was more about the calculated steps that seemed to be made by the writers to tear them down. It’s one thing to not make them a couple, that’s fine, but to try and rip them to shreds piece by piece is a whole other thing.

The core of every relationship built over the past four seasons was what made the show beautiful. That other stuff with surviving doesn’t work without it. I loved watching to see how far our characters would be pushed for the lives of their friends. From what I can tell, those relationships barely matter anymore. From an outside perspective, season 5 has turned everyone into selfish beings. I don’t like it. That may be wrong but that’s the feeling I get.