Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2020, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
Same, Hannah. I mostly like Chelsey and hence, wanted Harper to have more screentime. Also, she was genuinely a nice/sweet character which is more than I can say than for some characters.
Yeah, I just felt like they really delegated Harper to the background and by the time we got to see her...she was growing old with Monty and no longer being a character.

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 12-11-2020, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
No, I think definitely the 4th season, because that's when they gave her her own storyline.
They did, which is great to see
Old 12-11-2020, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did anyone see my rant on the bottom of the last page? I’m pleased with it. It felt good.
ICON
Old 12-12-2020, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I did
Old 12-12-2020, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Blunt Opinions (Ships Edition):

Bellarke: The only ship on the show that actually got a TON of development, and for what? So it could be thrown down the drain by an incompetent showrunner and his band of prequel-obsessed writers ass-kissers in the final season. And that is NOT the fault of the characters, nor the actors portraying them. Bellamy and Clarke were great characters. Their relationship was built up beautifully (although I will admit that there were bumps--and writing hiccups--along the way like in season 5). As baited and bruised as the fandom feels, imagine how Bob and Eliza felt bringing these characters and their relationship to life for all these seasons only to have it **** on in such a disrespectful way. Not to mention, the absolute lack of compassion and respect that accompanies all of this. No one in the cast ever says anything positive about Bellarke anymore, even though it was the literal center of the show, the ****ing heart and the head. They carried the show for all these years. They were the point which everything else revolved around. And they got paid dust. They got a showrunner who said it wasn't a difficult decision to have Clarke kill Bellamy, even though anyone with half a brain can point out how that would NEVER HAPPEN. How anyone can think that their ending was earned or justified in any way is beyond me. And you know what? Listen . . . I don't honestly care if people don't ship Bellarke. I feel like they're missing out on something that was truly special and are--in many cases--just so determined NOT to ship them that they overlook the obvious love story that was on our screens. But whatever; that's their loss, not mine. But to consistently disregard the importance of that relationship, to consistently act as if they aren't threatened by a so-called "platonic" pairing when they so obviously are . . . come on. It's annoying. It's dismissive. And it's transparent as ****. Stop it.

Marper: Figured I'd do ships I actually like first. I don't have much to rant about them because they were sweethearts. Did they come together out of the blue? To me, yes. There wasn't a whole lot of build-up there. But all the credit in the world goes to Chris and Chelsey for really selling what they were given. Plus, the show needed a relationship like this that was just solid and pure. I wish that they had allowed Harper to exist a little more beyond Monty sometimes, because we all know I love Harper. She didn't need to be the main character of the show, but just slightly more substantial than she was, because she was a beacon of hope, just like Monty, just like this whole relationship. Ultimately, they probably got the best ending of any ship. Like, yeah, it's sad that they died and lived alone for so long, but that was their choice, and they got to bring a son into the world and grow old together. That's kind of beautiful.

Memori: The only other ship besides Bellarke that I can say had good development. It wasn't exactly a slow burn, but they still fanned the flame of it, so to speak. I liked this dynamic more in the earlier seasons, I think because I just kind of started to become annoyed with Murphy in season 6 and then was actually bored by him in season 7. (Never thought I would say that about Murphy.) I think Murphy and Emori are both ultimately two good characters portrayed by strong actors, and they just had a boring plot to enact in season 7, which isn't their fault. I also thought season 5 wasn't super clearly defined for them. Like, why were they at odds at the beginning of that season? I still don't really know. And what exactly changed that made them get back together? That felt a little unclear, too. But Richard and Luisa clearly loved working together, and they had great chemistry, so much like Chris and Chelsey, they really sold everything they were given.

Jasper/Maya: Cute and underrated. I don't really know what else to say. Maya was just an underrated character in general. I can see why Jasper fell so hard for her so fast. It boggles my mind how people can accuse Jasper of having "man-pain" and being "weak and pathetic" for grieving Maya but then turn around and say that Clarke needed time to grieve Lexa for a hundred and some plus years, but whatever. Hypocrisy has always been rife in this fandom.

Clexa: Let's just get this out of the way. I won't sit here and say that they had no chemistry. They did. I won't sit here and say that their sex scene wasn't beautifully-filmed. It was. I won't sit here and say that this relationship didn't have potential. It did. But the way they went about writing it was just clumsy AF. When they had Lexa betray Clarke at the end of season 2, they should have really made her EARN Clarke's forgiveness. That alone should have taken the first seven episodes of season 3, because let's be honest, that betrayal caused Clarke to commit a genocide. It changed her forever. If they were going to continue down the romantic route, that should have happened no sooner than the end of season 3. They just tried to rush something that should have been developed more carefully, and then after the outrage, they acted like this relationship was the be all/end all of the show. Interpret the show however you want, but this relationship was NEVER the center of it. And there wasn't Clexa endgame at the end of it. There was a hug with an alien wearing Lexa's face, which was closure, not an endgame. But I guess I don't blame people for being happy they got that. You know, the same people who tried to get the show cancelled after season 3 and now act as if season 7 was somehow good all because their precious Heda showed up in brownface and the bindi again. Let's call it what it is: Jason doesn't care about reverseing the BYG trope. If he did, he would have found a way to bring her back alive. He cares about pandering to the only fanbase he can rope back in to support his stupid prequel. And it's working. Please, Clexas, be smarter than that. He baited you just like he baited us.

Becho: Let's get this dumpster fire out of the way, too, while we're at it. This relationship served no purpose other than to give a middle finger to the Bellarke fandom. Could it have been a temporary roadblock to the deserved Bellarke endgame? Sure, it could have been. It was never going to be well-received, though, especially when they used a time jump to ineffectively sell it to us. Hell, even Bob knew this relationship was ****. He tried to carry it as best he could, but no one can sell that BS to astute viewers. It's quite telling that the most fervent Becho supporters are typically Clexas. Like . . . I'm sorry, that's just so hilarious to me. I know not ALL Becho fans are Clexas, but there is so much overlap, and most of these people hate Bellamy anyway. So now they miraculously ship him with Echo? My god, it's the most transparent thing I've ever seen. Do people honestly think they're being slick? Do they think others won't notice that pattern? And what exactly are they trying to accomplish? I've been asking myself this qustion since season 5. Anyway, this was crap. Horrible writing, NO CHEMISTRY whatsoever. A failed attempt at redeeming a character by putting her with a fan favorite. Next.

Linctavia: Rewatching . . . this ship was overrated. Sorry not sorry. It was insta-love, and I'm not into insta-love. Was there chemistry? Yes. Marie has chemistry with almost everyone. Was there at least some substance here? Sure. But it was just kind of . . . boring? I think my change in attitude over this ship mainly stems from my change in attitude over Lincoln. I get that he was a nice guy, but he never jumped out at me as being a character who I was really excited to see what they would do with. If I'm not truly invested in half of the ship, then I'm not truly invested in the ship at all. (Fake Bechos need to get the memo on that one.)

Octilian: Yeah, they were better. Again, sorry not sorry. I think the whole idea of two broken people coming together to heal each other was pretty cool. They hooked up a bit too quickly for my taste, but I liked their chemistry, and I just wish Ilian had stuck around. There was a lot more they could have done with him.

Kabby: Another ship that I have fallen off of over the years, much like Linctavia. Kane deserved better. Kane just plain WAS a better character than Abby. God, Abby annoyed me so much, and she hogged so much screentime that could have been given to better characters. Honestly, Kane and Diyoza. I would have gone for that.

Who else even was there?

Oh my god . . .

Flarke: The OG. No chemistry. Finn was . . . fine. A fine designated love interest. But it didn't help that Bellarke was just always so much better. They overshadowed poor Flarke right from the start.

Briller: Kind of liked them better than Mackson, but they weren't given much development because they're a M/M ship and this show only pretends to care about F/F ships.

Mackson: It was so obvious that they just put them together to be able to say, "Hey, we have representation!" But if you don't do anything with that representation, then it's not quality representation, and it lets viewers down.

Murven: I was ready to ship them in season 5, but then Raven just started getting on my nerves SOOOOO MUCH, particularly in season 6, and now I'm just like . . . no. Although I did still write them in Constant. But let's be honest, that's because fic Raven is almost always better than show Raven turned out to be.

Finn/Raven: More chemistry and a better relationship than Flarke. Got more out of their flashback scenes than I did the entire Flarke relationship that was shown to us on screen. But that's not saying much.

Raven/Wick: Fine, I guess. Man, why are all of Raven's ships so boring?

Raven/Shaw: Snoozefest.

Jordan/Hope: I didn't watch.

Levtaia: We can give Octavia every ship under the sun but we can't give Bellamy his one true love of Clarke. I see.

Niylarke: Pointless W/W exploitation.

Bina: Cute. Underdeveloped, but I can see why he liked her because she was sweet, caring, and kind.

Josephine/Gabriel: Almost forgot about them, but this was an intriguing concept, and I feel like, regardless of what actors were portraying them, this was a relationship that felt pretty . . . genuine. In a twisted way, but still.

Claia: You mean the ship that Kim tried to force onto the audience for the sake of optics?

Ships That Should Have Been:

Roan/Clarke/Bellamy OT3: I mean, why not? The chemistry between those three was always electric.

Roan/Echo: In all honestly, this was the only ship I ever could have seen Echo being a part of, because Zach was one of the few people I thought Tasya had chemistry with.

Jasper/Raven: Not gonna lie, I kind of dug it in season 3.

Harpamy: Just a hookup in space.

Bemori: Just another hookup in space.

Bellamy/"Steve": Get it, Bell.
ICON
Old 12-16-2020, 09:33 PM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Old 12-17-2020, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

I'm helping this bump.

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 12-17-2020, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m ranting about cast members this weekend, so . . . yeah, watch out.
ICON
Old 12-18-2020, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

Ooh, I am ready for some shade and spice.

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 12-19-2020, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Blunt Opinions (Cast Edition):

Bob: Well, duh, we're on a Bob Morley board. Not only is he one of the most talented cast members on the show--seriously, I was free, and then the trailer alone of 7x11 pulled me back in all because of the emotion that Bob brings to every scene--but he's a great guy, and I'm proud to know him and have him in my life. Contrary to what some people believe, the show wouldn't have lasted nearly as long as it did without him. He deserved better than what he got. I'll be forever grateful to him for changing my life for the better and inspiring me and teaching me so many things.

Eliza: I just adore her. She's beautiful inside and out. Way back in 2016, "Bellarke ****" hurt my feelings, I'll admit, but I'm so proud of her for learning from that. It's been so enjoyable watching her grow both as a person and as an actress. (She's the most improved on the whole show for me.) She's got a big, compassionate heart and is actually such a dork, which I love! So easy to talk to, so friendly. I'm lucky to have her in my life, too. Much like Bob, she deserves better than what the show gave her, and she deserves better "fans" than a particular subset of fans she once had.

Gonna preface the rest by saying that I obviously know Bob and Eliza WAAAAY better than the rest of them. And I know that they're not perfect, either, but I've also been the recipient of a lot of goodness and kindness from them. Now the rest of this is just the vibe I get from what I've seen or from the brief interactions I've had, and I'm not gonna lie, a lot of this stems from how people seem to have treated my two faves (who I genuinely consider friends at this point). We'll start with the ones I've met, then go to the ones I haven't met.

Chelsey: My clear third favorite in this cast. Chelsey is AWESOME! She is so bubbly and fun. Her energy is contagious. And you know what? She's ****ing NICE to everyone. You wouldn't think that would be so hard, but with this cast, it sure is. She's the one cast member besides Bob and Eliza whose future projects I'm actually really invested in seeing.

Zach: He is so fun! He's sort of like the female version of Chelsey. Very social and high energy, loves to dance and interact with people. I've met him so many times but have yet to get a photo op with him, and that might have to change, because he's a real treat. A convention favorite for good reason. He's very fan-focused and generous, just like Bob and Eliza are. He also has a great GROUP of fans.

Lindsey: The biggest disappointment for me. I loved meeting her in 2016, but I don't like the vibes I've been getting from her these past couple years. The gummy vitamins fiasco this year was disappointing, but whatever. Honestly, it's the quick defriending of Bob and Eliza that angers me more, considering they hated the final season of The 100 but still supported her directorial debut mere days earlier. You know what, though? I can trace it back further than that. I remember when Lindsey said Bellarke was boring, which . . . okay, fine, you're entitled to your own opinion, but is that one you really have to voice? Knowing that a lot of viewers love that relationship? Knowing that your costars have put a lot of time and effort into portraying that relationship? I'll tell you what's boring: All of Raven's ships! No one ever was rude enough to call those boring, even though they were. Lindsey just . . . I don't know, I get a sense of fakeness from her lately. Or like a sense of entitlement? I hope I'm wrong. I honestly do. But I don't feel the same about her that I did in 2016, and if she were to be at a con that I attend, I currenly would not spend any money getting a photo op or authograph with her.

Richard: I'm so conflicted! I used to love Richard. Then I heard about what he apparently said to a Bellarke fan, and that kind of disappointed me, but I can still look past it, even though it was rude. But . . . I don't know, I guess he's probably in a hard position being friends with Beliza but also being a brother to Jessica. But I just feel like some things have changed there, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I do respect the hell out of Richard as an actor (he's fantastic), and I really enjoyed having him at Conageddon 2, because I thought he was hilarious. Maybe I'll have a better idea about how I feel after Conageddon 3.

Rhiannon: I only interacted with her very briefly at Conageddon 1, but she took a picture of us on her phone and sent it to me. She was fun and sweet and very unlike her character.

Luisa: I had only a brief interaction with her, but she was very sweet, and she's absolutely beautiful. I think she's probably one of the most underrated performers on the show. I don't know much about her off of the show, but I like her.

Tasya: Mixed feelings. On the one hand, it's not her fault that she portrayed my least favorite character on the show. On the other hand . . . I've got to be honest about how underwhelming I found her acting to be throughout her duration on the show. Then again, did she get any consistent direction from the writers? Not likely. Listen, I won't touch the cultural appropriation stuff, because that's not up to me to decide if that's offensive or not. (But I will just say that I think ignorant is a better word for that than racist.) I do think she has a highly biased view of the show, and referring to Bellarke as a sibling bond is still one of the most ridiculous con answers I've heard. But I will say that she's been nothing but pleasant in my two brief interactions with her, and I've heard she's been a good friend to Bob and Eliza during what was a tough year for them, so I'm glad about that.

Now onto the ones I haven't met but will meet at Conageddon 3 . . .

Chris: Seems AWESOME. I can't wait to meet him. Compare his "goodbye" post to Bellamy/Bob to, like, Jason's and hell, even Richard's, and there is just no comparison. Chris just seems very genuine and authentic, and I appreciate that about him.

Jarrod: I know there are issues with him (possibly?) being a Trump supporter, and I really don't know much about that. But I will just say that I think he was treated like **** by the show, and I feel really bad that the writers never allowed his character to expand and always just kept him around to be representation of two minority groups without giving him anything quality to represent.

Sachin: Much like Lindsey, a huge disappointment. Do I honestly wish he wasn't attending Conageddon? Yes. I'll just say it: Yes. I feel like he leeched off of Bob and Eliza for years (let's face it, they were the big draw of all these conventions he attended--everyone was going to see them, not him), and then this July, he just dropped them like a hot potato. What kind of friend is that? Not a very good one. I used to really enjoy Sachin's positivity, but it seems like it's only reserved for certain people and situations now. Like remember that Ships Alliance thing? Um, okay, what ever ended up happening with that? Transparent AF, and no thanks, Sachin, I'm not aligning with people who are horrible. Also, he's been a huge ass-kisser to Jason and Co., even in this disaster of a final season, even when his costars were treated like **** after carrying the show all these years.

And some others . . .

Marie: Marie seems cool. Probably too cool for me. I'm not going to judge the incident that went down when she got arrested, because I don't know the full story, but I will say that it's interesting the (majority) female fandom overlooked that so easily. Anyway, I think she's beautiful and is one of the most talented performers, so I would like to meet her. Although I hear she can be a little standoffish at cons? Perhaps because they're not really her thing? I'd still like to meet her, though.

Devon: I used to say that I would love to meet Devon, but now . . . I don't know. He's another one, like Lindsey, who I just get different vibes from these days, and that disappoints me.

Paige: Very good actress, but I don't have much else to say about her. Seems nice. I don't know much about her.

Ian: Fantastic actor, and I would like to meet him. But did some drama go down with him? Did he and Paige unfollow each other? I don't even know, I'm out of the loop.

Isaiah: **** Isaiah Washington. The worst of this whole cast.

Thomas: What a weirdo. I kind of want to meet him, though? Just to see if he's as weird in real life as he is online?

Shannon: He's probably ended up being one of my favorite cast members and one of the ones I would most love to meet. He's been positive, respectful, and kind to all sorts of viewers, even when a certain fanbase wasn't very kind to him. Even when Bellarke fans were telling him, "I honestly can't finish out the show now," he was compassionate and understanding. Plus, he's a hell of a great dancer, so bring this guy to Conageddon!

Jessica: Oh, you mean Kim's bestie? Do her lips not get chapped from all the ass-kissing she's done? I'm sorry, I don't know her personally, but from what I've seen online, I don't want to know her. Her fan interactions have been absolutely awful. She's mean. Sarcastic, too, but not the funny kind of sarcastic. The cruel kind. Plus, let's not forget that she's the one who shouted "**** your endgame!" to Bellarke fans. Real sweet, Jess. Real sweet. (And what even was her purpose on the show? She had none!) I'm not going to go out there online and argue with her or spew hatred her way (I don't do that with any of them--although Isaiah is tempting), but I'm not going to sit here and act like she's been really kind and professional, either, when she hasn't.

Alycia: Well, you can't say this anywhere on Twitter without getting attacked, but I don't think Alycia was a very good actress in The 100. (I hear she's better in FTWD.) She had, like, one facial expression most of the time. Probably the most overrated cast member to me, but that goes hand in hand with her character being the most overrated. You know what, though? I have nothing against her as a person. Why would I? She seems sweet. (Although . . . that tweet she made after the finale? "Did you think I'd leave you guys hanging?" Way to make it sound like it was your show when we know you came back because you got paid. Whatever, though. Not a big deal. Make your coin, girl.) I do feel sorry for her, though, because there are so many people out there online who spread hate and vitriol with her picture in their profile or her name in their handle. Just awful. That must be very embarrassing. And a lot of her own "fans" spend more time talking about Bob and Eliza than they do about her. She deserves better fans.

JR: Well, I think he's a great actor, and I have nothing against him, but he unfollowed Bob and Eliza, so I side-eye him.

Chuku: Seems cool. I don't know that much about him, but he seems cool.

Sara: This is another cast member I would love to meet! Bring her to Conageddon in place of Sachin! People would be happy. She did a great job during her short time in the show, really made an impact, and she interacts really well with fans, too.

Lola: A real sweetheart with a bright career in front of her.

Adina: Great actress, and I like what I see from her on social media. She's smart and talented.

Tati: I don't know much about her. I'm super critical of her acting in The 100; we all know that. But I hear she's better in other things? And people say she's sweet.

Ivana: Killer actress. I like her.

Ricky: I don't doubt that his version of the story with Jason is true. Are there two sides to every story? Sure. Do I believe Jason's? Nope. I've always been inclined to believe Ricky, and ever since **** happened to Bob, I believe it even more. Having said that . . . Ricky is a ****ing hypocrite.

Mike Beach: Don't know why I can't just put his first name. I always have to call him by his first and last name. Mike is a standout to me from this cast. Not only is he a fantastic actor, but he also seems like an awesome person. No wonder Bob thinks of him as a mentor. I would love to meet him.
ICON
Old 12-20-2020, 06:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Really enjoying the blunt opinions.

I haven't spent much time on show threads or read much social media. Are Beliza still getting a ton of hate out there?
Old 12-20-2020, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Modo! Queen Modo! Missed you!

Beliza are getting support from the people who matter. Let’s put it that way.
ICON
Old 12-22-2020, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

People who consistently have such pointless conversations with so little substance . . .
ICON
Old 12-27-2020, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You know what pisses me off? When people quote tweet or screenshot pineapples and then I end up seeing **** on my Twitter timeline. I’ve blocked those jackasses for a reason!
ICON
Old 12-31-2020, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey, Modo.

I agree, April. I have these people blocked for a reason so it really annoys me when I still see their posts on my timeline.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit