Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2020, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

I hate it too, so many people have been asking me about it and it feels so bad saying that S6/7 are just not worth it.

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 11-23-2020, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

It really isn't. We are trying to save them from a lot of grief. I found s6 still tolerable but season 7, BLECK.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 11-23-2020, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like season 6 PURELY for the Bellarke stuff. Well, actually, Octavia's season 6 stuff was pretty good, too. And Josephine was a good villain. But mostly for the Bellarke stuff. And the CPR scene is my absolute favorite scene of the whole show. But season 7 can go die in a hole.
ICON
Old 11-24-2020, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

Bumping for the Queen.

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 11-25-2020, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, no, Modo is the rant queen, not me.

I want to do a Blunt Opinions series of posts on this thread. Anyone interested in reading that?
ICON
Old 11-25-2020, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

IDK, isn't that sort of the same comments posted in this thread?

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 11-25-2020, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No, I wanna do like a series of of posts, just right here in this thread. Like first I would do blunt opinions on all the characters, then cast, seasons, ships, etc.
ICON
Old 11-25-2020, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’d be interested. I might join.

Rant: people with an utter lack of critical thinking who believe pathological liars and only see what they want to see. And who continue to make things up out of sheer spite.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 11-25-2020, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

It's an interesting concept, kind of like unpopular opinions. I'd be down.

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 11-26-2020, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I’ll post it today. I’ll start with characters. Yeah, you guys should join and do your own. It’s be fun to see the unfiltered opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
I’d be interested. I might join.

Rant: people with an utter lack of critical thinking who believe pathological liars and only see what they want to see. And who continue to make things up out of sheer spite.
They’re not the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree, are they? It’s very frustrating.
ICON
Old 11-26-2020, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sounds interesting
Old 11-27-2020, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

BLUNT OPINIONS: Characters Edition

Clarke: Not a perfect person by any means, but that's why she's an awesome character. She gets so much unnecessary hate. The writers really like to **** on her through the other characters. She's one of the few who became more interesting to me over time. The depiction of motherhood they did with her is severely off-base, and they sidelined her and made her an accessory to the plot in season 7. Poor thing. She deserved better than what they did to her. They made her so OOC in the end. That just wasn't Clarke.

Bellamy: No one deserved him, ultimately, if we accept season 7 as canon. Which, tbh, I don't. Even before that, though, Bellamy was always so damn brave and selfless. He literally saved everyone's lives over and over again, and it seemed like no one ever checked in on him. No one ever seemed to ask if he was okay. Ultimately this character was too powerful, and the passion he evoked was too much for the ****ty writers to handle. Probably deserved better more than anyone else. The show let itself down by letting him down. It flatlined without its beating heart.

Octavia: She's polarizing, at least you can give her that. I found her absolutely deplorable in season 5. It was a well-written storyline, but I still hated her. And I hated the way she treated Bellamy for much of the show. There are so many instances where her actions have explanations but not excuses, yet people do constantly excuse her because she's a badass white chick with a sword. Even when I didn't like Octavia, though, I at least always found her interesting, until season 7, where they did the unimaginable and even managed to make her bland.

Raven: Ugh, let's not and say we did. I used to really like Raven. At one point, she was my third favorite character. She could always be snippy and judgmental, and she was never the most complex, but I liked her. And then season 5 and ESPECIALLY season 6 rolled around, and she was ****ing insufferable. She wasn't a moral compass; she was a judgmental bitch. The writers didn't know what to do with her, so they used her as a mouthpiece to try to get the audience to see Clarke in a certain way, but all it made me do was wish for Raven's death by the end of the series.

Murphy: He's still my third favorite character, but there's, like, an asterisk next to him now. Because they never held him accountable for what he did in season 6. He totally got off the hook for it when characters like Clarke and Bellamy (and hell, even Octavia) never would have. I thought he had one of the more consistent character arcs until season 7 when all of a sudden he was, like, this really good guy who didn't do anything questionable. They made him bland just like they did Octavia.

Monty: I always liked Monty, but I must admit that I took him for granted. It wasn't until he was gone that I realized how much the show needed the presence of someone who was just GOOD. And you know what sucks? These characters failed him. They didn't live in a way that honored his legacy. Some tried to, but others didn't. It's as if the writers just forgot about his message to "do better," because lord knows the writers just did worse and worse and worse.

Jasper: One of the most underrated characters on the show, and I'll die on that ledge. Like Bellamy, he was subjected to a lot of completely insensitive and harmful beliefs that his pain was just "man pain." Honestly, Jasper's storyline was one of the most realistic, important, and consistent ones on the entire show. His death scene, to me, is both the saddest and most well-done. I always missed him, but I respected what the writers did with him. And let's be honest, he got out during the good seasons.

Harper: Yeah, I know she was a smaller character with not as much agency in the story, and many people would look at my favorites list and wonder why the hell she's up so high. A lot of it is due to Chelsey, I'll admit, but . . . come on, Harper was another character who was always just a good person. She was kind. And it takes strength to be kind in the world they lived in. She deserved more focus, especially in season 5. But no, we had to make ****ing Echo a main character instead. Speaking of . . .

Echo: The WORST decision this show ever made was keeping her around. She dragged down every season she was in when she was being shoved down our throats as a protagonist. She worked better as a villain, and not every villain needs redemption. Her off-screen redemption was ****, her relationship with Bellamy did her no favors, and the writing of her character was an absolute disaster. They never knew what to do with her and ignored all the legitimate fan criticism, so in the end, what was the point of her? Blah.

Abby: Man, I never liked Abby. She took up way too much screentime in every season she was in and just ended up annoying me more and more and more as time passed. She was a horrible mother to Clarke. That bond felt hollow. Even when they gave her her own legitimate and unique storyline in season 5 with her addiction, they wrapped it up too quickly for it to be impactful the way it should have been. Pass on Abby.

Kane: He was the only "adult" character I actually really was invested in. He had a good journey. Like Jasper, I think it's one of the more well-done ones on the entire show, so I do think Kane tends to be a bit underrated. I don't know if I like him as much as I once did, but I did miss his presence in the final 2 seasons. He added something, which is more than we an say for some of these useless characters.

Jaha: I mean . . . whatever. He was fine in season 1, and then they took him on the crazy train. **** got weird, and I got uninterested in him. I guess they sort of redeemed him before he died, but like, I didn't even really care.

Pike: Man, this character gets so much hate, and for what? For making the decisions he thought were best for his people? How is that any different than what the other leaders did? Yeah, he made mistakes and did some bad things, but he thought he was doing it for the right reasons. I understand his POV, and I like the backstory they gave him of being a teacher and wanting to go down to Earth with The 100, but they put it in a little too late for most viewers. I got him, though.

Lexa: Quite possibly the most overrated character I've ever seen in my life. It's like you can't even express this opinion of her without being attacked, but people are allowed to have this opinion. I acknowledge the rep that she provides to people, but there is better LGTBQ+ rep out there, characters who are actually well-written. Unlike Lexa, who was somewhat intriguing and consistently-written in season 2, then Mary-Sued ever since. She wasn't a saint, she wasn't that awesome, and she had barely any facial expressions. Next.

Finn: Almost forgot about this poor son of a bitch. You know . . . he was fine. I remain Finndifferent about him. He wasn't interesting, but he wasn't horrible. He definitely became a better character in season 2, right before they killed him off. That happened a bit too quickly, but his death changed the course of the entire show. So I guess we have him to thank (or not thank?) for that.

Miller: Under-utilized and under-appreciated. It's clear that the writers kept him around to be the token gay black man. He deserved to be explored more in-depth if they were going to keep him around so long. Let him have his own story. He never did, and it's a shame, because he had a lot of potential.

Roan: The best grounder out there. Okay, you can make an argument for Emori, but Roan was universally-liked. Or at least the closest you can come to universally-liked in this fandom. He wasn't as one-dimensional as a lot of the other Grounders. He wasn't forced down our throats as someone likable. He just WAS likable. He deserved to be the Grounder in space. Change my mind on that. You can't.

Emori: The other really good Grounder, and maybe that stems from the fact that she wasn't the typical Grounder. Emori was the only character who got a good season 7 storyline, so I'm happy about that for her, even though I still can't acknowledge that ****fest as Canon. At times, they tied her to Murphy a little too closely, but she became more of her own character in the end. She was a good one.

Lincoln: I used to like him, and now I feel him sliding more and more towards Finndifferene for me. I don't know, I just think back and find myself feeling bored about his storylines and bored by his and Octavia's relationship. He's fine. He was obviously good and kind, and I praised Monty and Harper for that, so I should praise him, too. I don't know, maybe it's something about Ricky's portrayal that has just . . . didn't connect with me.

Ilian: Hot as **** and deserved to live solely for that hotness. In all seriousness, though, he wasn't a bad character. They gave him some backstory, but for what? I would have liked to have seen him explored more. It would have been interesting to see him go up into space (instead of Echo) since he hated technology so much.

Niylah: Who?

Indra: Hated her at first, disliked her even when we were supposed to like her in those earlier seasons, and then season 5 happened, and she just became awesome to me, because she was one of the only people who stood up to ****ing Blodreina.

Gaia: One ****ing facial expression, I swear to God. This character existed only to keep the Flame around, and the Flame was always the dumbest storyline in the show to begin with. Therefore, of course I wasn't going to like Gaia. She had no greater purpose.

Luna: Had potential, but they walked her right off a cliff in season 4. Don't really know what else to say.

Jackson: Pointless.

Nelson: Even more pointless.

Maya: Another underrated character. Man, she saved their asses in Mount Weather so much. They wouldn't have survived without her. Deserves more credit than she gets.

Diyoza: On of the rare instances where the show introduced a new character that was actually awesome. A lot of this is due to Invana's portrayal (she's seriously so good), but the writing with this character was always pretty solid, too.

McCreary: One-dimensional villain. Don't care.

Shaw: One-dimensional love interest. Don't care.

Josephine: One of the more entertaining villains of the show, for sure. I couldn't stand her, but at the same time, I liked her. She was shrewd and catty and horrible, yet somehow still human. She interested me.

Gabriel: He also interested me, at least at first. I feel that, like many characters in the 7th season, they made him bland. He existed to serve the plot. It's hard to get upset about him dying, too, when he lived for so long.

Russell: I guess he was alright? Kind of interesting. Why did they have to go and make him Sheidheda?

Sheidheda: Oh god, no. Please no. In the final season of the show, who really wanted all that time devoted to the stupid dark commander? The time of the commanders was supposed to be over in season 4! So why wasn't it? Stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Madi: I like Madi, but things got kind of weird for her after they made her the commander. She got a ****ty ending, and the things they made Clarke do "for her," were just . . . it's not a healthy depiction of what should have been a really rootable mother/daughter bond.

Jordan: I'm so pissed that they didn't do more with Jordan! It seemed like he was going to have a big storyline heading into season 7, and then he just . . . didn't? He was Monty and Harper's legacy. He should have been more well-developed.

Hope: This bland, boring chick wouldn't even exist if the actress portraying her mother hadn't been pregnant during season 5, so do I really have to waste any time talking about her?

Dante: Intriguing villain who wasn't completely villainous.

Cage: Well-written villain.

Anya: Love the actress, but the character was overrated. I guess I would have rather seen her as the commander, though, than Lexa. I don't know. Honestly, this show overdid it with the whole "badass female leaders" thing.

ALIE: An interesting concept. Though not perfect in execution, ALIE at least was a formidable foe. She still fails in comparison to the best villain, though, which, IMO, is just Praimfaya.

Cooper: Cheered when that bitch died.

Cadogen: Who the **** cares?
ICON
Old 11-27-2020, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Great thoughts

To add on to your thoughts on Echo, I never understood why Tasya got added to the main cast when Chelsey and Luisa never did, especially since both characters added far more than Echo to the show imo.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Luisa not being added to the main cast really is the biggest crime.
ICON
Old 11-27-2020, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed, never made much sense to me since she was more or less in each episode in the later seasons.

Seeing Roan being in the grounder in space would have been interesting to see too, definitely would have been better off if they kept him alive post S4 imo.