Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-09-2020, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 08-12-2020, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow. When certain people think that we should not be engaging in "baseless speculation" about what went on behind the scenes with Bob and Jason, yet those same people did not hesitate to pop into Bob's thread and speculate after Arryn posted her statement with no proof . . . the hypocrisy.
ICON
Old 08-12-2020, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

All this drama throws me through a loop...absolutely ridiculous.

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 08-12-2020, 03:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Wow. When certain people think that we should not be engaging in "baseless speculation" about what went on behind the scenes with Bob and Jason, yet those same people did not hesitate to pop into Bob's thread and speculate after Arryn posted her statement with no proof . . . the hypocrisy.
The constant mentions of "but Bob asked for time off" is a bit tiresome. It's as if there is an underlying blaming of him for the crappy season, all while constantly singing praises for the convoluted season at the same time. I really can't fathom that people who spend so much time discussing the minute details of each episode, can miss the not so subtle dissing of the male lead and his character since the beginning of S7 promotions. I've been around way too long to take the official statement as the real story here. The lack of social media support from the Morleys speaks volumes. All of thelr comments have been directed to and about the fans.

You really just have to look at the pinched expression on JR's face while he is discussing tonight's ep. He had to work way hard to avoid saying Bellamy's name when discussing an episode about said character. He uses the term "the characters". Tool. I haven't disliked a showrunner this much since Ryan Murphy jacked up Nip/Tuck back in the day.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo1013 (View Post)
The constant mentions of "but Bob asked for time off" is a bit tiresome. It's as if there is an underlying blaming of him for the crappy season, all while constantly singing praises for the convoluted season at the same time. I really can't fathom that people who spend so much time discussing the minute details of each episode, can miss the not so subtle dissing of the male lead and his character since the beginning of S7 promotions. I've been around way too long to take the official statement as the real story here. The lack of social media support from the Morleys speaks volumes. All of thelr comments have been directed to and about the fans.

You really just have to look at the pinched expression on JR's face while he is discussing tonight's ep. He had to work way hard to avoid saying Bellamy's name when discussing an episode about said character. He uses the term "the characters". Tool. I haven't disliked a showrunner this much since Ryan Murphy jacked up Nip/Tuck back in the day.
I read this out loud to Sharon (we're on Zoom) and we both cracked the **** up. This is amazing. You dissed all the right people. Bravo, my queen. I bow down.
ICON
Old 08-12-2020, 05:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Fri do
Quote:
I read this out loud to Sharon (we're on Zoom) and we both cracked the **** up. This is amazing. You dissed all the right people. Bravo, my queen. I bow down.
Glad you enjoyed my rant. As much as I like Bellamy and the actor who portrays him, I do try to maintain my objectivity. It is just blatant that there is more to the story.

Edited to add that I love the reviews I have seen thus far calling ole JR out for not mentioning Bellamy or Bob in the inside the episode interview with the writer. People who refuse to see it are doing just that. And I don't want to read that it was because JR was trying to maintain the surprise of Bellamy being alive. We've been seeing him in previews and media for a week. JR knew the interview would air after the fans knew about Bellamy. He was just being his childish self. I can't stand to even hear his voice anymore. I really hope he doesn't get his prequel.

Last edited by Modo1013; 08-12-2020 at 07:41 PM Reason: Add content
Old 08-12-2020, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If people don’t understand at this point that Jason is not a nice guy, there’s no hope for them to ever understand it.
ICON
Old 08-13-2020, 06:31 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

So Jason has now joined the group of "How to eff up your own show" with Julie Plec when she ruined TVD
Old 08-13-2020, 08:53 AM
Elite Fan

Jason has legit been a problem throughout the show.

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 08-13-2020, 09:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbn (View Post)
So Jason has now joined the group of "How to eff up your own show" with Julie Plec when she ruined TVD
Yup. It's like they turn into Dr. Frankenstein. The difference is that these showrunners take the hard-working cast and crew with them on the descent.

To continue on with my speculations, here is how the discussion between Bob and Jason went (in my head) while discussing Bellamy's S7 storyline:

A cell phone rings at the Beliza Bungalow of Love.

JR:. Bob, Jason here.
Bob: Jason , what's up?
JR:. Listen, we've come up with a great idea for your S7 storyline.
Bob:. Ok
JR:. We're doing an homage to season's past and have decided to revisit Bellamy's storyline from season 3. The fans were kind if confused and couldn't understand Bellamy's motivation. I thought we would go bigger and have Bellamy brainwashed by the disciples of Bardo. Really drive the point home this time. He'll betray everyone. It'll be cool...
Bob:. What else will he be doing this season? I mean, he is coming off of several season's of growth. And he has sacrificed just about everything for his family, and now he is going to turn on them? What about cleaning up Sanctum? What about where he left his relationship with Clarke?
JR:. Yeah, we've decided to go in a different direction with things
Bob:. After 6 seasons of character growth, Bellamy is gonna finish up the show as a villain? And you aren't going anywhere with the Bellarke relationship? After 6 seasons of building it up...
JR:. Well, he started the show as a bit of a villain. Full circle. I think it's cool... And, I don't care what the fans want, he is staying with Echo. We still need Bellamy to build up her storyline. I'm gonna make the fans love that character.
Bob: So, my only storyline will be to prop up another character and turn on my family for a cult.
JR: Yeah. Cool, right?
Bob:. No, not cool. I know Bellamy very well and he just wouldn't betray these people at this point in the story. They mean too much to him.
JR:. Well, I'm the boss and you will play the storyline as I see fit. It's this story, or no story. This is my show.
Bob:. Hmmm. Ya know, I don't feel right doing this to the character or fans. I think I would like to take some time away. You have enough time to tweak things, right?
JR: @#&? You, Bob.
Bob:. Back at ya, Jason.

Or something like that...
Old 08-13-2020, 11:32 AM
Elite Fan

Omg lol That conversation. I am dead.

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 08-13-2020, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Modo! Just when I thought I couldn’t worship you anymore.

I guess you are my shepherd.
ICON
Old 08-13-2020, 03:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Modo! Just when I thought I couldn’t worship you anymore.

I guess you are my shepherd.
Yes, we shall all transcend when this craptastic season is over. Glad I could make you laugh.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love it
Old 08-14-2020, 07:30 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Great