Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2016, 02:52 AM
Elite Fan

Board Customisation!

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 11-09-2016, 04:05 AM
Elite Fan

Yay!! Thanks!

Becks and I have talked about this. But I am not in the right mindset to suggest it right now.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Rae
Old 11-09-2016, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yay! Thanks, Rae. Got to start looking at the colour schemes soon.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 11-09-2016, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What is everyone thinking?

I think reds and blues myself, like this:

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚

Last edited by a little chaos; 11-09-2016 at 10:56 AM
Old 11-09-2016, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like that
Old 11-09-2016, 09:41 AM
Elite Fan

Yep, That stuff. ^

Old 11-09-2016, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll be happy with whatever we get.
ICON
Old 11-09-2016, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still double take when I read "custimisation"

maybe more of a maroon than a red. i like the blue/maroon scheme:

a lighter blue or teal ish blue and maybe some browns if red is too harsh

or

in terms of photoshoots ehhhh. this is really the only one that will work:

Winter TCA Portraits 2014 - Bob Morley Online - Photo Gallery | The First Fansite Dedicated to Bob Morley

i like these three photos:
Winter TCA Portraits 2014 - 03 - Bob Morley Online - Photo Gallery | The First Fansite Dedicated to Bob Morley
Winter TCA Portraits 2014 - 04 - Bob Morley Online - Photo Gallery | The First Fansite Dedicated to Bob Morley
Winter TCA Portraits 2014 - 01 - Bob Morley Online - Photo Gallery | The First Fansite Dedicated to Bob Morley

the top of his head is barely cut off in that last one, that could be easily filled.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:41 AM
Elite Fan

A maroon or dark red would work as we would use it in small areas since red is a harsh colour. The darker shades are not as bad but they would still need to be in smaller doses.

I see no reason why we could not come up with a colour scheme based on that picture but please take a look at Alexa's suggestions and the design seeds website to see if you can find something you like . You could also combine Alexa's two suggestions and have blues and browns with a little bit of the red?

Quote:
I still double take when I read "custimisation"
It is correct for me, and the majority of the team, so deal with it .
Old 11-10-2016, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

it just looks so weird to me .

this one is pretty too

https://www.design-seeds.com/in-natu...ulent-hues-16/
Old 11-10-2016, 02:50 AM
Elite Fan

And the American spelling looks weird to me. I would rather go with what is/looks correct to me. If you do not like it then I suggest you look at pictures of Bob and ignore the text . I promise that while it looks weird to you it really is spelled correctly (if you want to look at the history of the word then customize was the original spelling, however we do prefer to use s's instead of z's outside of North America so it became one of the many words with an alternate spelling outside of North America/the US).
Old 11-10-2016, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've seen some boards have lots of red and to me that is indeed a harsh color on the eyes.
I don't know if this opinion helps
Old 11-10-2016, 04:50 AM
Elite Fan

I really love both that Alexa posted.

And yes Red/Maroon can be harsh so it should be the focal of the design. More an accent.

And there really is only that photo shoot for pictures. He does not do many of them.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There are some The 100 promo shoots (not in character), but I have no idea if those would be good/useful.

Photos - The 100 - Season 1 - Cast Promotional Photos - Set 2