Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2019, 12:25 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

The "You are my sister but you're not my responsibility." I loved it so much???? Honestly, at this point their relationship was far from healthy and I'm glad Bellamy made that choice now. I don't think he'll act any different now, but it's nice to know he's drawing that line.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris (View Post)
The "You are my sister but you're not my responsibility." I loved it so much???? Honestly, at this point their relationship was far from healthy and I'm glad Bellamy made that choice now. I don't think he'll act any different now, but it's nice to know he's drawing that line.
That statement was about 126 years overdue. My favorite scene of the whole episode was the Blake cave scene. It was about time they had a talk. Of course, the convos are always cut short by crisis. Bellamy still loves his sister so much, and it was so hard for him to say that to her. But, for his own sake it needed to be said. He cannot put her first anymore. The man practically sold his soul to protect her in S1.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I loved that line, too. I’m here for a healthier relationship boundary. I think it will help both characters grow.
ICON
Old 07-24-2019, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Same, it's what he needs to do and I'm proud of him for putting himself first ... for once.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-24-2019, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m so nervous to post my thoughts about this on the other board, because I feel like I’m going to get attacked for them. But yeah, it seems we’re all on the same page here. There’s nothing wrong with taking care of yourself and putting yourself first, and Bellamy never did that growing up. He always put Octavia first, from six years old onward. And while there are some good, selfless things that resulted from that, there are also unhealthy things that resulted from it. And when Bellamy told her she wasn’t his responsibility anymore, it was almost as if he was saying, “I am not going to be the anchor to your redemption. That’s on you.” Which is how it should be. Her redemption will be more meaningful (and hopefully long-lasting) if she doesn’t try to achieve it solely through him. And he’ll be able to take better care of himself by not feeling the constant pressure of having to be responsible for what she does. I see it as nothing but a positive for both of them, and tbh, now that I’m re-reading this, I think I might just put this in my episode thoughts, because it sounds pretty good.
ICON
Old 07-26-2019, 12:48 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I had started reading the post on the other board and just got frustrated, same with tumblr. Tumblr is full of Octavia apologists that seem to see "My sister. My responsibility." as the way it should be. Listen, I love my sister but she's not my responsibility. That's just so unhealthy and I'll forever be grateful that Bellamy is taking steps away from that.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I had started reading the post on the other board and just got frustrated, same with tumblr. Tumblr is full of Octavia apologists that seem to see "My sister. My responsibility." as the way it should be. Listen, I love my sister but she's not my responsibility. That's just so unhealthy and I'll forever be grateful that Bellamy is taking steps away from that.
There seems to be a group that feels that Bellamy's only worth is as Octavia's brother and protector. Now in S1, maybe he thought that these were his only redeeming qualities. But, Bellamy has proven over and over that he is so much more. He has grown into the fine leader and an even better man. It's really insulting to the character to think that he has to be stuck in that same role. Octavia spent most of the first 4 seasons trying to get away from the protection of her brother. Well, now she's got her wish. Her fans should be happy that she has turned the corner and can now stand on her own.

Last edited by Modo1013; 07-26-2019 at 10:50 AM
Old 07-26-2019, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Very well-said, Modo!

I’m really happy because I see their relationship heading in a better direction for both of them. No, they’ll never be as close as they once were. But they don’t need to be.
ICON
Old 07-26-2019, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo1013 (View Post)
There seems to be a group that feels that Bellamy's only worth is as Octavia's brother and protector. Now in S1, maybe he thought that these were his only redeeming qualities. But, Bellamy has proven over and over that he is so much more. He has grown into the fine leader and an even better man. It's really insulting to the character to think that he has to be stuck in that same role. Octavia spent most of the first 4 seasons trying to get away from the protection of her brother. Well, now she's got her wish. Her fans should be happy that she has turned the corner and can now stand on her own.
So well said, nothing else to add.

I get why people feel bad for Octavia, but Bellamy needs to prioritise himself first ... after always putting Octavia first. It's healthy for him.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 07-26-2019, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bellamy doesn't deserve to have to be Octavia's "compass," as she phrased it, while she seeks redemption. That's too much pressure. And she'll be better off being her own compass and finding redemption through herself and not simply through him.
ICON
Old 07-26-2019, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo1013 (View Post)
Old 07-27-2019, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Bellamy doesn't deserve to have to be Octavia's "compass," as she phrased it, while she seeks redemption. That's too much pressure. And she'll be better off being her own compass and finding redemption through herself and not simply through him.
Agreed, April. I feel like she's pressuring him to do a lot right now, so maybe that is what is making him hold back from opening up to her.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 07-27-2019, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

But I have to give her credit for not pushing too hard in the last episode. When he said she wasn’t his responsibility anymore, she looked like she was willing to accept that.
ICON
Old 07-28-2019, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yup, true. Credit to her for not demanding it of him right now, even though it clearly hurts to hear him say that.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 07-28-2019, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don’t know how this season has done it, but it’s managed to not have me feeling infuriated at Octavia. I think it’s because they really are devoting a significant amount of time to showing her redemption arc. But at the same time, she doesn’t feel like the focus of the season like she often did last season. (It was a little much.)
ICON