Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2018, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

What a surprise, Bellamy getting blamed once again. What a shock. Because everything is Bellamy's fault.
Stars Fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't like Octavia saying that either
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 100

He was probably slightly judgey at the beginning when he was asking about the bunker but how she flat out blamed him ... really, girl? How is that his fault? He kind of needed them to bust her/the others out ... way to be grateful.

Sarah | tumblr | icon thread | credit
destroyer of worlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

I posted my thoughts in the episode thread, and there is a lot of Blake siblings stuff.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
WE MEET AGAIN.
ICON BY MEL
April7739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
He was probably slightly judgey at the beginning when he was asking about the bunker but how she flat out blamed him ... really, girl? How is that his fault? He kind of needed them to bust her/the others out ... way to be grateful.
I would love for him to call her out on it in the next few episodes.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

How do you guys think fans and reviewers would be reacting if the roles were reversed and Bellamy was the one lashing out at his sister right now? If Bellamy was the one presiding over a fighting pit? If Bellamy was the one who nearly killed Kane?

I read a review that seemed to be going to great lengths to defend Octavia (and even criticize Bellamy a bit in the process), and it just struck me as odd. I feel like if Bellamy, a male, an older brother, were to be doing the things his younger sister, a female, is doing, reviewers and critics would be quick to condemn him, whereas I find myself scratching my head while some people continue to view Octavia and her storyline as “badass.”

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
WE MEET AGAIN.
ICON BY MEL
Old 05-19-2018, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I definitely think a lot of people would be criticizing Bellamy if the roles were reversed. Some people just pick and choose what they like/dislike when it comes to tv characters.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 100

Oh yes, the treatment would be different if their roles were reversed for sure. Bellamy would be ripped even more to shreds. I feel like Octavia gets a pass for whatever crappy behaviour she exhibits sometimes, while Bellamy is held to a higher standard.

Old 05-20-2018, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

I just feel like Bellamy and Clarke, in general, are held more accountable for their decisions than Octavia has been.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
WE MEET AGAIN.
ICON BY MEL
Old 05-21-2018, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Yeah, that's definitely true
Old 05-21-2018, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 100

For sure, April. That really annoys me.

Though I will say that Octavia this season probably unnerves a lot of people but whether she'll be held accountable is another matter.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Quote:
Though I will say that Octavia this season probably unnerves a lot of people but whether she'll be held accountable is another matter.
Yeah, there’s totally a difference.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
WE MEET AGAIN.
ICON BY MEL
Old 05-21-2018, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
For sure, April. That really annoys me.

I'm interesting to see if that happens or not.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Here is where I stand on the Blake sibling debate...

I know there has been a lot of talk on whether their relationship is toxic or not, I personally think it is toxic. It certainly isn't healthy. I get that many people relate to their relationship in ways, cause I relate to it in ways, but the ways I relate to it is all from Bellamy's side, I am loyal and protective over my siblings, just as Bellamy is over Octavia. So I do understand people saying they relate in that way. Here is where it gets tricky, people are trying to condone Octavia's actions by saying they have siblings and they understand it, but that can't possibly be completely true, Octavia has been physically and emotionally abusive toward Bellamy, dress it up whatever way you want, that is domestic violence. That is not "siblings being siblings", I get the story world they live in is way more intensified than our world, and I do put that into account, but if you take a look at Damon and Stefan, both from a supernatural story world, have had a pretty unhealthy relationship at times, but what makes them different to The Blakes is that their relationship is far more balanced, whereas with Bellamy and Octavia its been so one sided for such a long time, so unless Bellamy starts standing up for himself, I fear this relationship can never be saved.
bob | kana | credit || becks
a little chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 100

I agree, Becks. You can slice and dice it any way but it's not a healthy, balanced relationship right now. I do acknowledge that they never had a benchmark for what constituted a healthy sibling relationship (which I presume Damon/Stefan did) and that also comes into play in terms of the Blakes dynamic. But yes, I had hoped that six years on and them being different people that it'll become more balanced but at the moment, it just doesn't feel like they're going to get there ... not when Octavia lashes out (as she did in the past) whenever she felt wronged by Bellamy. In this case, it really pissed me off since he did NOTHING wrong. Whereas I couldn't say the same for the Lincoln situation.

Bellamy needs to stand up for himself and judging from the trailer, I feel like we might see that in coming episodes.

Reply   Post New Thread