Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-21-2018, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I prefer not to speculate, tbh.
ICON
Old 06-21-2018, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't actually read anything about it so I don't have the slightest clue what's going on

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-21-2018, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I take part in a livestream with the episode reactor I really like, Logan, and a couple people mentioned it, but you know me, I don’t really speculate a whole lot on plot points. Relationships, on the other hand . . . I’ll speculate on those. That’s way more my forte.
ICON
Old 06-22-2018, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well technically it does tie in to shipping cause if it happens Bellarke could potentially have to wait 100 years to be together and that’s pretty wild

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-22-2018, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like the Cryosleep theory and it has the ability to lead to some good finale angst if some characters end up going into cryosleep and end up getting separated for 100 years. Sounds about right for Bellamy/Clarke.

And I think that the whole Eligius 3 thing will come into play too, no way the writers wrote that mention by Raven, in for the sake of it. It must allude to the upcoming storyline in season 6.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-23-2018, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I forgot to post these here after posting them on the other board yesterday.

Gonna keep these brief this time.

Overall, I thought 5x07 was a good, solid episode. Nothing super extraordinary, but certainly a lot better than last week’s. I’d rank it pretty far above 5x06 and 5x02, respectively, in terms of how much I’ve enjoyed the episodes this season. What holds it back from being an episode that I really love, however, is that it seemed very plot-focused to me more so than character-focused. But there were still some good character moments mixed in there, too. Let’s start with the things I loved:

Indra: Wow, I’m just shocked by how much I adore Indra this season. Let this be proof that, even though it’s very hard for me to change my opinions of characters once they’re established, it’s not impossible if I feel the writing is done well. Indra has been one of my favorites this season. She doesn’t buy into Octavia’s cult of personality. She has a mother’s love and concern for her, and I think that’s beautiful. The ser cene between her and Octavia was absolutely electric, and I was just cheering her on the entire time. Octavia had better not throw her into the fighting pit, not when I finally am having a season where I’m enjoying her so thoroughly.

Monty: In an episode where I don’t really have a strong sense of who the MVP was, I might choose Monty just for being . . . well, Monty. He might not be in my top 10 list of favorite characters, but I appreciate the consistency with which he’s been written. And Chris’s delivery of the lines when he read Jasper’s suicide letter was just utterly brilliant.

Clarke: I love season 5 Clarke. I know some people feel bored by her or are tired of seeing her just in Mama Bear mode, but Mama Bear Clarke is going to result in the re-emergence of Wanheda, and while I was kind of over the whole Wanheda personality for a while, I kind of want it back now just to take Bloodreina down. Or “take her out,” as Clarke phrased it. What does that mean? Does she just want to remove her from power or does she plan to kill her? How would one just remove Octavia from power when she IS the power completely? I don’t know, but I loved the ending and the way Eliza portrayed Clarke’s gradual realization that she could no longer sit back and just watch what was happening. FOR THE RECORD: If Clarke does try to kill Octavia next week, it will be a very different circumstance than when Echo tried to do it, one that I will totally be able to understand. Octavia, right now, is the thing preventing them from working towards peace, because she's so determined to fight for a valley that doesn't even truly belong to her people, one can argue. Plus, Octavia is not the same Octavia as she was back in season 4. So I totally understand and even support Clarke's decision to take Octavia out at this point (though I certainly will not be mad at Bellamy for what will likely be opposing feelings on the matter). And I'm still not saying I want Octavia to die. But . . . I'm not mad at Clarke for suggesting it at this point, because we are in EXTREME territory with Octavia like never before.

Bellamy: It wasn’t really a big episode for Bellamy, but I absolutely LOVED that he dropped that truth bomb on Octavia, and it sounds weird to say, but I’m glad he hurt her feelings there. I said in the Blakes thread prior to the episode that I wanted him to hurt her feelings just to remind her that she had some. I’m also glad that he didn’t just immediately accept her olive branch. I don’t trust her anymore, so I’m glad he had his guard up and was wary of her, too. I don’t want her to let him lull him back into a false sense of security like she did before she threatened him in 5x05.

Madi: I know she’s in over her head and is making a mistake trusting Octavia, but it all feels really genuine to me. Like genuinely how a preteen girl would act around her idol.

Raven and Shaw: I still feel more of a pulse of chemistry between Raven and Murphy and would prefer that, but as an alternative, I can support Raven and Shaw as a ship.

Abby: I know it’s not a super popular storyline, but as someone who has a family member who struggles with addiction on many levels, I feel like it’s so important and so relatable, and I think Paige is doing AMAZING work with the material.

Kane and Diyoza: Man, I don’t know what’s going on, but I am LOVING this dynamic. And I’m a Kabby supporter. So it’s weird. But I’m just rolling with it. Diyoza in general has just really grown on me a lot this season. She’s less of a villain than Octavia is right now, which is something I did not expect. Not sure if her pregnancy is as simple as it just being McCreary’s child, but we’ll see.

Harper: Well, she had lines. That’s progress. But can we please give her something to do other than being a supportive girlfriend?

Now onto things I . . . didn’t love.

Octavia: This should come as no surprise. I’ve resigned myself to viewing her as the villain of the season right now. I’m seeing her through Bellamy’s eyes, therefore the only attachment I have left for her is that she’s Bellamy’s sister and I don’t want anything to happen to her for his sake. But having said that, now that I’ve just resigned myself to villain Octavia, I actually find myself less infuriated with her scenes. I’ve just come to expect her to be doing and saying things I don’t like or agree with. When she brought up Bellamy and Clarke’s past wrongdoings and how many people they’ve killed, by the way . . . nope, that doesn’t work, Octavia. You can’t use their mistakes to justify your own. You judged them at the time, and now you’ve become an extremist version of them. In fact, I’d even go so far as to say she’s become the Pike to Bellamy’s Kane. She’s waging a war that doesn’t need to be fought, just like Pike did. Octavia is still a warrior and is not suited to be a leader, in my mind. She wants to lead her people into war because that’s what she knows. Her brother and Clarke would much rather lead them into peace. I have no idea where we go with Octavia from here, but Marie is doing a tremendous job.

Echo: I feel like I’ve already said everything I need to say about her in this thread (on the other board), and to be honest, I really don’t even feel like talking about her anymore. Still don’t like the character, still feel like it’s shallow, un-earned redemption. And I do NOT feel this way simply due to a shipping preference. That is all. (The last part was in response to something on the other board. )

Gaia: This should come as no surprise, either. She says she’s trying to make sure Madi lives, but she’s trying to make sure Madi lives so that Madi can become the next commander. (SO OVER the flame/commander stuff anyway.) I don’t trust Gaia at all, and I don’t think Madi should, either. I do trust her more than Octavia right now, though.

Cooper: No. Just no.

Looking forward to the back half of the season now! I do feel like the front half was pretty strong overall despite 2 episodes that really didn’t resonate with me.
ICON
Old 06-23-2018, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

April, I am the exact same with Indra, her character annoyed me up until this season, I always found her too much and hated her mentality, but this season has allowed for a completely different perspective of her, she has seen to have taken quite the U turn, instead of being irrational and vengeful she has been the opposite level headed and a real moral compass to Octavia (even though its probably in vein) But yeah, I love her this season.

As for the whole Clarke killing Octavia, lets get one thing straight, I'm perfectly fine with Octavia dying and I understand if Clarke were to kill her. Thats if you separate the Bellarke of it all. You say Clarke killing Octavia is different to Echo trying to kill her but I have to disagree, yes the circumstances are different and Clarke may have justifiable reasons to kill Octavia, but IF Clarke did kill her then that would change Bellarke completely, there is no way their relationship could survive that. Just like Becho's wouldn't if Echo had killed Octavia. Bellamy couldn't go on to be with Clarke if she succeeded in killing Octavia. Thats why I hope she doesn't kill her, that and the fact I don't want Bellamy to go through that pain again.

Many could then argue, how could Bellamy go on to date the women who attempted his sisters life on multiple occasions, and yeah I get that argument. But let's not forget Clarke and TonDC, "you were willing to let a bomb drop on my sister." and then when Clarke left Octavia on the otherside of the door and wouldn't let Bellamy get her back and locked Bellamy up.

AGAIN, I get that the circumstances were different but the end result is the same, Clarke and Echo have BOTH threatened Octavia's life in some way TWICE for the good of THEIR PEOPLE, justifiable or not, for good or bad reasons. But neither of them have actually killed Octavia, but if one of them were to actually end her life and Bellamy were to lose her forever, whichever version of Octavia that is, it would end that relationship for good in my eyes.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-23-2018, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Funny that we’ve both had the same experience with Indra.

I get all that, but Echo actually plunged a sword into Octavia’s stomach. And that’s hard for me to get past, even though I’m not liking Octavia any longer. Plus she actually did play a key role in killing Gina, so . . .

I’m not trying to minimize what Clarke is planning here, and I do think it has serious implications for Bellarke. I don’t want Clarke to kill Octavia (and I don’t actually think she will), but to me, the difference lies in the changes Octavia has undergone. As I said, we’re in extreme territory with her right now. She’s the dictator who needs to be deposed so that peace can be achieved. Back in season 4, she was a Skaikru Warrior, a conclave fighter. She was dark, but nowhere near this dark or this powerful. And that’s when Echo tried to kill her. Clarke, in contrast, wasn’t trying to kill Octavia during TonDC, but I will admit that she did end up putting her in an “acceptable loss” category. And Clarke did ultimately lower the gun and allow Bellamy to open the door and save his sister. Neither one of these situations was a bright, shiny moment of Clarke morality, for sure, but there is still a sharp contrast to Echo, in my mind, who deliberately tried to kill Octavia twice and likely would not have been stopped during the conclave had Bellamy not nearly strangled her.

I’m rambling. Anyway, Bellamy has said himself that this isn’t his sister. I don’t recognize her as his sister right now, either. So this Octavia isn’t the same Octavia Echo tried to take out in season 4, and because of that, Clarke’s intent to take her out sits much easier with me.

I realize it probably sounds like I’m constantly harping on Echo, when in reality, I’ve been more indifferent to her this season. It’s just these past seasons that leave a dark cloud looming over her character in my eyes, and if the writers insisted on keeping her around, I wish they would have done a better job clearing up that cloud.
ICON
Old 06-24-2018, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think that Clarke will kill (or try to kill) Octavia, I agree with Becks that there's no coming back from that because that would exactly parallel the issues we have with Becho. Their history which is a less-than-savoury one. I do think that Bellamy will be absolutely torn between choosing either one of them but that he'll ultimately side with Clarke.

No matter how ruthless Octavia gets (and I don't think that she's THERE just yet), I think that it'll take something absolutely drastic for one of them to actually try to kill her and to have that person be Clarke? I feel that is highly unlikely.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-24-2018, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wouldn’t put it past JR to have Bellamy kill Octavia, how tragically poetic would that be?

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-24-2018, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

That, I can somehow see. It would be completely heartbreaking to watch though.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-24-2018, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don’t think they will automatically try to kill her, either, but I do think that Clarke would be willing to if it meant saving Madi. But if she is to die this season (which I’m 50/50 on right now), then I think it’s more likely that Bellamy would be the one to do it. His sister, his responsibility, after all.
ICON
Old 06-25-2018, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

It would truly be the moment that the line came full circle, in the most heartbreaking way.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won