Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-18-2018, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Acceptable Losses (5x07) Episode Discussion [Airdate 06-19-18]

5x07: Acceptable Losses

(9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

FRIENDSHIP
Clarke (Eliza Taylor) and Bellamy (Bob Morley) make a startling discovery about Wonkru’s battle plans as Echo (Tasya Teles) risks her friendship with Raven (Lindsey Morgan) to complete her mission. Paige Turco, Henry Ian Cusick, Marie Avgeropoulos, Richard Harmon, Chris Larkin also star. Mairzee Almas directed the episode written by Jeff Vlaming (#507).

Basic Rules:
- Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

- No Character/Actor/ship Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

- Everything is a spoiler until it has aired. Please do not post any promos or promotional photos without a spoiler cut (only the TV promo that has aired is considered not a spoiler).

- Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
ICON
Old 06-18-2018, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT, just read your responses on the Becho debate and you both make a valid argument that makes a lot of sense to me.

I do agree that 5x06 isn't enough for people to start magically liking Echo, unless like you liked her prior to the episode. I also liked the points regarding the fact that if you didn't like Echo prior to her being with Bellamy you're not going to suddenly like her whilst she's dating Bellamy like for me when Bonnie started dating Enzo on The Vampire Diaries, it made me dislike Enzo more cause he was dating one of my favourite characters and I didn't want him near her

Also her redemption being done off screen hasn't helped because we haven't seen it ourselves, another valid point. And this is why I like debating things will Sapril cause you guys always have strong, well thought out reasons for your opinions on things, if only Stan Twitter was the same

Anyway, who is actually excited for this episode?

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-19-2018, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!

I agree, Becks. It's good that we can discuss this openly because this is obviously a contentious issue within the fandom. I don't mind an Echo redemption arc (if they can give one to Murphy, hey anything's possible) and I actually like her but I just don't like how they've gone about, trying to redeem her. Especially that whole "proving herself in space" thing, I really want Bellamy to elaborate on that.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-19-2018, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it’s good to be able to discuss differences in opinion here, because we can make sense to each other without necessarily having to agree with each other. It’s nice.

I’m excited for the episode simply because it’s a new episode, but the promo was lackluster to me, and I don’t have high expectations for it being a great Bellarke episode or an episode that I’ll really love or anything. But hey, it’s episode night. That’s all that matters.
ICON
Old 06-19-2018, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly, I liked Kabby and all but if the show really wants to get people excited, maybe show less of them and more Clarke and/or Bellamy? Kabby are a bit lackluster to me this season so it really doesn't get me more excited about the episode (even though I'm excited for ALL episodes). Or even feature more Diyoza, that usually gets me more pumped up.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-19-2018, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I’ve always supported the Kabby ship, but lately, I’m sort of feeling . . . Kane/Diyoza. Like more than Kabby.

Clarke and Bellamy definitely get the fandom the most excited. Particularly when they’re together. They can trend on Tumblr after an episode airs even if they’re not in it (*cough* 5x02 *cough*)
ICON
Old 06-20-2018, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

First things first, Octavia Blake has fallen so far.

So this episode felt a little like a filler episode, a lot calmer than the others and setting up tensions for 5x08 which I expect to be epic.

I loved the little Bellarke moments in this episode SO MUCH, the "be diplomatic" and then "I'll go with him" and then the "real diplomatic" MY HEART I loved this scene.

I'm assuming a lot of people will be annoyed at Echo because of the Shaw thing, but I didn't see anything wrong in what she did, maybe I'm biased. But how I see it, they owe nothing to Shaw, he's on the side of their enemy and Echo got the job done. The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact she went behind Raven's back to do it. That, and the fact this won't be getting her any popular points.

Octavia Blake, where do I start? threatening Indra, willing to let Raven, Abby, Murphy and Kane die, willing to wipe out hundreds of people, being calm about human experimentation, dragging Madi into a war and undermining Clarke . She's too far gone for me, and even if they do redeem her, I honestly couldn't care less anymore. I won't be forgiving her and if she died, I'd only be sad for Bellamy.

That's all I have for now, except, Abby bores me, Madi and Harper are cute and Monty was the MVP of this episode.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-20-2018, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm digging Kane/Diyoza more too, April.

Shockingly, I agree with you on Echo, Becks. I get why she did it, even if I'm not happy that she went behind Raven's back to do it and Shaw's alive, since they can't kill him even if they want to. I do worry for him now though.

Octavia ... she's just becoming more and more unhinged.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-20-2018, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you completely about Octavia, Becks. Completely.

Echo . . . I don’t know. It didn’t help my opinion of her, let’s put it that way. It puts Raven in a horrible spot and eliminates their one Eligius ally. So while it got the job done, I feel like there could have been a better way to go about it. Surely Raven of all people could have thought of a plan.

I absolutely LOVED INDRA yet again! This is so rare for my opinion of a character to change so drastically, but it has!
ICON
Old 06-20-2018, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you about the Echo betraying Shaw thing, Becks. Shaw isn't Echo's friend, she doesn't even really know him. And honestly, I'm still a bit confused as to whether him leaving the shock collar on Murphy was part of the plan or not. Zeke has yet to really impress me much. I do agree that I was more mad about the betrayal of Raven, but honestly... I don't even care that much because I don't really see Echo and Raven as friends.

Octavia is too far gone. The end of season four had me a bit hopeful for her. It's sad, but I'm over it.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 06-20-2018, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m still confused about that, too, Amelia. I don’t feel like bringing it up on the other board again, though. For reasons.
ICON
Old 06-20-2018, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just brought it up on the other board I know there's Octavia fans there, but I had to

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-20-2018, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, no, not the Octavia stuff. I love talking about Octavia on both boards. The stuff about whether or not Shaw double crossed Raven after he released Murphy.
ICON
Old 06-21-2018, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm too confused about that. He was angry about compromising his position because he let Murphy go but I'm still unclear on whether he knew about the shock collar.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-21-2018, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What do you guys think about the Cryosleep theory?

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚