Fan Forum Legend

Old 04-22-2021, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Was just about to post that too
Old 04-22-2021, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

here is their excerpt

Quote:
Alexa Nisenson and Alycia Debnam-Carey on the unique connection between Charlie and Alicia:

Alexa Nisenson: For Charlie, I absolutely have loved getting to do this storyline with Alycia and it's so special to me and we've gotten to do some incredible stuff together. Character-wise, the bond that they share is so special because of what they've been through together, and I think no matter where they are distance-wise, whether they're together or separate, they'll always carry that special bond with them. Like you said, they do kind of share this sisterly bond, but I think one of the reasons why it's resonated so well with the fans is because of what they've been through and it's not just a normal kind of bond they share because of what's happened in the past.

Alycia Debnam-Carey: It's such a unique relationship because of where it started. You could never imagine that these two would become family and close after what has happened. I think what's really struck me with the start of season 6 and especially when we were getting midway through was recognizing that what has defined Alicia is what she has gone through, and now seeing someone who is even younger than she was go through the apocalypse and the end of the world, and see how the lack of love and care and support and hope and optimism could shift a character like Charlie into such a dangerous direction.

I think what a lot of what Alicia's relationship with Charlie is based around is it has to be a nurture and a care and a love, the fear that she would turn out in the way that Alicia almost felt like she did, which was a bad person or making wrong choices or going through life with such pain and hurt and trauma. In a way, she's trying to heal through Charlie, and healing together has allowed them to open up again and evolve into letting themselves be open to trust again, which is crazy coming from where it started. I think she does see herself in Charlie in so many ways. What I do love about Alycia is there's a badass quality to her and she'll kick ass if she needs to, but there's also a lot of hope and love and what she craves most in this world is that love, trust, and support, and if she's able to bestow that upon someone that had a potential trajectory that was so much worse, it speaks a lot to who she is, which is someone who believes in those key qualities of love and trust and support. It's been a really beautiful relationship to see evolve and flourish, and it's also the best working with Alexa. We get along so well and we have the best time.
Old 04-22-2021, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Alexa really seems very nice you know
Old 04-22-2021, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i like how they became very close on set.
Old 04-22-2021, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes me too. But character wise...I mean if they had more screen time to develop exactly what they said in the interviews, I'd get it more
Old 04-22-2021, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heda_Khaleesi (View Post)
i like how they became very close on set.
Yes they somewhat became sisters on set lol. It's cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
Yes me too. But character wise...I mean if they had more screen time to develop exactly what they said in the interviews, I'd get it more
Yes they're interpreting so much into their characters' relationship when in fact there is only very little of this in the actual show lol. I guess it's the head canon the actors need to play the roles properly.
Old 04-22-2021, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i agree with you guys. it's head canon and surely communicated that way on set but we watch way to few on screen of their bond.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
When I was reading that, I was thinking, "Wow, I wish we saw and heard more of this in the actual series."
Old 04-22-2021, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
When I was reading that, I was thinking, "Wow, I wish we saw and heard more of this in the actual series."
yes exactly same here!
Old 04-23-2021, 01:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Couldn't agree more guys.

I see such development of a bond more with Daniel/Charlie than Alicia/Charlie. Apart from one episode in season 4 we didn't get anything.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

They actually had a few more moments in S 4 after that. But then...nothing. Not until S 6.

Waste of time. There was so much opportunity to develop exactly what the actresses are talking about in S 5, especially while Alexa still had that 'little girl' presense.

Now Alexa is a bit older, and the character comes across as slightly less vulnerable, maybe a little less dependent on Alicia for protection and guidance. I'm not saying it's too late to develop an interesting big sister/little sister bond between them, but it definitely should have been explored in S 5.

It's odd that the producers fail to see what almost everyone else sees, including the actresses.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread