Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2020, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I hope the rumours won't come true or if that's the plan, they are going to rethink it.

I also read that Vanessa Morgan is considered for the role.
That would be sad, bc then the show really isn't a batwoamn show anymore.

As for vanessa, I mean she can act, but she's straight and comes off sort of conservative as per her insta. Not sure if she's the right choice to lead a show that was meant to have a leasbian lead character that was meant to be played by a lesbian or bi actress. Only positive thing would be her being a poc lead character/actor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't Have You (View Post)
Yep They plan to kill off Kate They will NEVER learn. Like ever.

I kind of had a feeling they would go with a black actress with everything going on Not sure how that is going to work with her being family and all to Bruce though.

And while I appreciate the CW wants to help her since her outcry against Riverdale, would it REALLY be safe to take away from one LGBT couple AND the shows only black regular cast?
I think the new character is not related to the waynes as per description of her.

What happened? Is she not on riverdale anymore?
Old 06-10-2020, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i never watched Riverdale, don't know what happened.

anyways the more i think about the fact they wanna kill her off, the more upset i get. they learnt NOTHING from the Lexa backlash did they?! you would think the CW should be especially wary of pulling this - but they don't learn because their mostly ridiculous shows continue or get way too many seasons where lese they should be canceled already.

so i am disappointed once again by them but not surprised. i'm just glad i never got into Batwoman in the first place.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
i never watched Riverdale, don't know what happened.

anyways the more i think about the fact they wanna kill her off, the more upset i get. they learnt NOTHING from the Lexa backlash did they?! you would think the CW should be especially wary of pulling this - but they don't learn because their mostly ridiculous shows continue or get way too many seasons where lese they should be canceled already.

so i am disappointed once again by them but not surprised. i'm just glad i never got into Batwoman in the first place.
Yes they would have to kill off both kate on batwoman and vanessa's character on riverdale.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

so Vanessa is a character from Riverdale?
Old 06-10-2020, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
so Vanessa is a character from Riverdale?
No an actress who portrays a character named toni topaz who's in a relationship with another girl.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
What happened? Is she not on riverdale anymore?
Riverdale Actress Vanessa Morgan Criticizes the Show’s Depiction of Black People

Also, JK rowling wrote a long essay, she really wants everybody to know she's a transphobe, huh? Besides Daniel Radcliffe, Eddie Redmayne also criticized her.

Eddie Redmayne Criticizes J.K. Rowling’s Anti-Trans Tweets (EXCLUSIVE)

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 06-10-2020 at 02:39 PM
Old 06-10-2020, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Seems the writers room apologized for the apparent one dimensional and stereotypical writing of her character. Not sure if anything will change though.

But has she left the show or are fans just assuming she could leave and then maybe play that new character on batwoman?
Old 06-10-2020, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Riverdale Actress Vanessa Morgan Criticizes the Show’s Depiction of Black People

Also, JK rowling wrote a long essay, she really wants everybody to know she's a transphobe, huh? Besides Daniel Radcliffe, Eddie Redmayne also criticized her.

Eddie Redmayne Criticizes J.K. Rowling’s Anti-Trans Tweets (EXCLUSIVE)
Plus Emma Watson

She posted even more, it's in her Twitter Thread.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
No an actress who portrays a character named toni topaz who's in a relationship with another girl.
ah okay thanks. well since i have no clue about Riverdale and what's happening there, i can't participate in the talk sorry.

Hermione Granger is always on the right side glad to see Emma and Dan tweeting!

oh and some Batwoman information

Old 06-11-2020, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Those are some good news
Old 06-11-2020, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Seems the writers room apologized for the apparent one dimensional and stereotypical writing of her character. Not sure if anything will change though.

But has she left the show or are fans just assuming she could leave and then maybe play that new character on batwoman?
It's a rumour that was reported by several outlets. We don't know where the information came from, might be her team, which doesn't necessarily mean she's actually considered.

She's a regular on Riverdale atm, so a lead on Batwoman, would mean changing her contract on Riverdale. Time will tell whether this rumour is true. I would rather they find an actress that is part of the community though.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 06-11-2020, 07:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

Great news they won't kill off Kate!

Quote:
It's a rumour that was reported by several outlets. We don't know where the information came from, might be her team, which doesn't necessarily mean she's actually considered.

She's a regular on Riverdale atm, so a lead on Batwoman, would mean changing her contract on Riverdale. Time will tell whether this rumour is true. I would rather they find an actress that is part of the community though.
As would I They made a big deal about it, so I think it should still ring true.

Plus, even though I don't watch Riverdale, I would hate for them to take one of the long standing lesbian couples off of that show just to fix their mistake of treating her like a side chick.

Tori
Old 06-11-2020, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

So they might recast kate for a later reappearance while also casting a new actress for that new characters.
Old 06-11-2020, 05:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Crazy Would have just been better to pull a soap opera and recast the character.

Tori
Old 06-11-2020, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

i have not watched anything HP related since HPDH2 in 2011, since the books/films left me completely satisfied. i have had no interest in the young dumbledore chronicles at all, and now i have even less than zero interest since JKR seems intent on abandoning her tolerance message, unapologetic, and won't stop talking. ugh. what is wrong with her? did she have lunch with trump and he filled her head with garbage?!

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Closed Thread   Post New Thread