Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2020, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Lgbt Representation #15: Because we need to see more queer characters and less stray bullets

LGBT c o m m u n i t y
T h r e a d

This is a thread for all memebers and allies of the lgbt community. It is a safe space for us to discuss real life issues and issues surrounding the community in the media.
This includes any discussion on the shows characters, couples and portrayals from TV shows and films.

•••

recommendations for 2020

12 Queer Films We Can't Wait to See in 2020

The 15 essential LGBTQ films and TV shows of 2020

The Half of I (movie){imdb}
→ USA → 2020
→ UK → 2020
→ Germany → 2020

Killing Eve (TV){imdb}
→ season 3 (2020)
→ season 4 (2021)

Gentleman Jack (TV){imdb}
→ season 2 (2020)

Previous Threads
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |

Future titles
Because Lexa kom Trikru launched an industry-wide pledge to treat LGBTQ+ characters better

Last edited by LxieGrey; 06-01-2020 at 06:35 AM
LxieGrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread
Old 05-04-2020, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt

EC | ADC

Icon by MysteryXX
Movies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!

Quote:
And a secret love was so sad. I can't imagine having to be gay in the 40s, it's bad enough for us now. But, heartbreaking really
I'm watching A Secret Love right now. It's really moving, I cannot imagine being gay back then. When they showed the clip of the detective telling students, 1/3 of you will turn queer, don't think you won't be caught.

Quote:
they're not? okay looks like i am not informed (i just watch their youtube stuff but never googled private stuff).
Tina Fey is really ignorant and can't take criticism. One example, when people voiced their concerns about some racial stereotypes in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, she made a kind of retaliation episode about outrage culture, which itself was pretty racist too. It's when I stopped watching the show.

Jimmy Fallon, besides not really being funny and being a terrible interviewer, legitimized Trump as a candidate, when he invited him on his show back in 2016.

Amy Schumer has been called out for racist jokes in the past and she gave some bs answer that it's just comedy. I could never go through her stand-up, so maybe she changed it but her ignorance put me off.

After all, what’s more human than the fight for survival?
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

my favorite LGBT female character is obviously Lexa, and the Clexa relationship.

my favorite LGBT male character is Patrick from The Perks Of Being A Wallflower.

may we meet again. | Dave
Jen's Herald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

okay wow i had no idea now i feel bad for worshipping them almost cause i counted them to my most favorite entertainers. on the other hand i reduced my googling about celebs and so on - takes too much time and i am not too hyped with this entire world any more. not as much as i used to anyways.

same here, my most favorite f/f ship of all time will stay Clexa
Old 05-05-2020, 07:16 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
TFTNT!

I'm watching A Secret Love right now. It's really moving, I cannot imagine being gay back then. When they showed the clip of the detective telling students, 1/3 of you will turn queer, don't think you won't be caught.

Tina Fey is really ignorant and can't take criticism. One example, when people voiced their concerns about some racial stereotypes in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, she made a kind of retaliation episode about outrage culture, which itself was pretty racist too. It's when I stopped watching the show.

Jimmy Fallon, besides not really being funny and being a terrible interviewer, legitimized Trump as a candidate, when he invited him on his show back in 2016.

Amy Schumer has been called out for racist jokes in the past and she gave some bs answer that it's just comedy. I could never go through her stand-up, so maybe she changed it but her ignorance put me off.
Thanks for informing I didn't know most of those things. Well in the end it kinda reinforces what I sometimes say about commedians. They're just ex-school bullies that got famous and now bully people big-style. A reason why I'm very anti-comedy for the most part and usually a rather serious person and also prefer serious people in real life.

As for tina fey now I remember how she once in an interview said that she things german sounds like a super annoying language. I quite forgot it but yes i was quite pissed and thought your squeaky american english isn't realyl that much better.
lg238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

There are plenty of funny and respectful comedians.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:38 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I don‘t know any tbh. I thought the before mentioned ones were different but it seems they aren‘t.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

you and me same Gabriel.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here are some you might want to check out: Hannah Gadsvy, Tig Notaro, Hasan Minhaj, Hari Kondabolu, Aamer Rahman, Ramy Youssef, Dulce Sloan, Marina Franklin, Fatima Dhowre, Mo Amer, Nish Kumar, Nore Davis, Josh Johnson, Beth Stelling, Fortune Feimster, Nate Bargatze, Aparna Nancherla, Ronny Chieng.

Old 05-05-2020, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Here are some you might want to check out: Hannah Gadsvy, Tig Notaro, Hasan Minhaj, Hari Kondabolu, Aamer Rahman, Ramy Youssef, Dulce Sloan, Marina Franklin, Fatima Dhowre, Mo Amer, Nish Kumar, Nore Davis, Josh Johnson, Beth Stelling, Fortune Feimster, Nate Bargatze, Aparna Nancherla, Ronny Chieng.
I'll have to look into them. Going by the namers only it seems many people of colour I guess. Which is good, not only for representation, but maybe they have more understanding for how it must be to be bullied simply for not looking white for example, much more than most white commedians that don't care for that at all.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can post some videos if you'd like. Some of them also have stand-up specials on Netflix.

Old 05-06-2020, 05:58 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Sure a few maybe.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new Thread!
SongIceFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top