Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2017, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
I don't watch SG, and really have like... no desire to at this point. I think the Supercorps fans felt like Jeremy was mocking LGBT relationships as if they weren't even a possibility, which obviously wasn't his intention, I don't think.

Now Melissa's apology on the other hand... messy. And Jeremy's was bad, too.
Was it even Melissa's i saw the reply to that fan where her pr team were like melissa isnt homophobic cause she was on glee"

I honestly dont get what the fuss is about. It was just a poor joke. But supercorp wont happen, shio it if you want, dont if you dont.

The only thing people should be angry about t it white bread chris wood trying to tell people that sexuality is how other people see you" no you straight privileged white boy.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

The way they handled it was far worse than the mocking song itself. I think this would have died down by now if the cast just genuinely apologized and didn't come up with every excuse and didn't try to blame people who were hurt by what they did. Condescending apologies, saying they can't be homophobic bc of Glee (seriously? ), bc they were tired.

Quote:
The only thing people should be angry about t it white bread chris wood trying to tell people that sexuality is how other people see you" no you straight privileged white boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
I didn't read their apologies. Is there a link somewhere please?
https://twitter.com/DETECTlVEMAGGIE/...47397629698048
https://twitter.com/DETECTlVEMAGGIE/...47497802256386

As for the reaction, I'm not part of the fandom, so I don't know how the shippers behave but I think that people had the right to be upset, the cast basically mocked them for shipping Kara and Lena. Apparently they were asked to recap the previous season in song and that's what they did. I don't think they would have done that if it was a non canon het ship.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 07-25-2017 at 12:28 AM
Old 07-25-2017, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think their reactions definitely made it worse. It probably would have gone away a lot sooner if they'd just been genuine.

I can't really say how I'd react if I was in the fandom. I understand not wanting to be mocked, but I definitely agree that it was more the fact that they were mocking a f/f ship, and not that they were mocking a non-canon one.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 07-25-2017, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow I missed all this Drama but it really sounds liek an Episode of Glee

Without knowing much and jus judging from what I read here I want to say I do get why the SC fans did feel hurt/insulted. I just listened to this "Song" if you wanna call that and it had zero taste. Why do you mock a Ship (canon or not canon) when you should actually to a re-cap about the Season?
Old 07-25-2017, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The thing is melissa always has non answers when talking about kara and monel too. And everyone was cheering when she did that. Also eliza taylor always shutting down bellarke. So it happens.

Im in the fandom, and the one thing that bothers me is everyone saying KM was the only one not mocking it. When she laughed just as hard as everyone else. Tge only difference was that she said that thing after about shipping what you want. Well guess what melissa was agreeing with her there.

The excuses are dumb. We were tired, I'm on glee, i was on broadway etc. It would have been much better if they just said sorry if we offended anyone we didnt mean to. But now its worse cause they got defensive too.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

"She's not homophobic she was in glee" is the most iconic™ argument in the year of our lord 2017 tbh
Old 07-25-2017, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

now people are turning it and making jokes. my fave I've seen is "the g in LGBT stands for glee cast member"

Hopefully people can move on and just either enjoy the ship still or exit the fandom if they don't want to support it anymore. There's no point in yelling at the cast or anything over it.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

okay this is actually funny

i think in one week everything will calm down.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Was Melissa in Glee? She didn't have a big role did she?
Old 07-26-2017, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think she played a lead character in the later seasons, for a new generation but I stopped watching Glee before season 1 ended, so I'm not sure.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i didn't watch that far either, stopped at season 3 or 4. can't even remember when. anyways, that argument with Glee is very weak. that's all i'm gonna say now. and i hope that the drama is over soon.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Things will calm down for now but I bet fans will be very sad if Sanvers break up. Will they? I only know that Floriana quits?
Old 07-27-2017, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They're probably going to make them a LDR, which is better than a breakup, but not by much.

Old 07-27-2017, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 07-28-2017, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Queen.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread