EC | ADC

Old 01-12-2020, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Both AMC and CW are just dumb
Old 01-12-2020, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

And syfy for the contrary reason, they cancel most their shows after 1-3 season desptie being quite successful.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

why are they doing that btw?
Old 01-12-2020, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
why are they doing that btw?
I think often they have weird contracts with production companies that require them to have so and so many views minimum per episode which are foten pretty high, and let's say if too many episodes don't hit the minimum they don't get money anymore, so they cancel the projects. They don't really have negotiation skills I guess.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
TWD is running for forever.

the comic book source material just recently concluded in issue #193 (July 2019) so there is only the Commonwealth struggle left, after Michonne and company eventually defeat the Whisperers in the coming second half of Season 10 in February. i have no idea if they will do a Season 11-12 Commonwealth arc, or just put it in made for tv films. 10 seasons is usually a good benchmark conclusion to a series.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 01-12-2020, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
the comic book source material just recently concluded in issue #193 (July 2019) so there is only the Commonwealth struggle left, after Michonne and company eventually defeat the Whisperers in the coming second half of Season 10 in February. i have no idea if they will do a Season 11-12 Commonwealth arc, or just put it in made for tv films. 10 seasons is usually a good benchmark conclusion to a series.
Gimple said the helicopter crew from the movies and the new show are not the commonwealth which is pretty weird, since they are designed just like the comic commonwealth. So I'm not sure if they'll have two separate technologically advanced groups in the TV universe or if they'll just go with the helicopter group pretending it's an "original" idea they came up with lol.

Last edited by Arrakis; 01-13-2020 at 10:42 AM
Old 01-12-2020, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Gimple said the helicopter crew from the movies and the new show are not the commonwealth which is pretty weird, since they are designed just liek the comic commonwealth. So I'm not sure if they'll have two separate technologically advanced groups in the TV universe or if they'll just go with the helicopter group pretending it's an "original" idea they came up with lol.

Gimple drives me crazy because half of what he says is pure babble, and the other half is pseudo-nonsense because he has no idea how the ongoing lawsuit between AMC, the TWD comic co-creators, and fired former director/showrunner/screenwriter Frank Darabont, will turn out. this insane lawsuit is in it's eight year of litigation, and now the parents of the Carl actor, have refiled their lawsuit against AMC, for illegal termination of a minor actor, because AMC did not want to pay him an adult contract, since Carl is the surviving major player at the conclusion of the TWD comics. he's not dead.

Gimple lies like a persian rug, and that is a fact. he was replaced as showrunner in Season 9, and Angela Kang is attempting to steer the TWD ship back to the source material, after all the damage done by Gimple. i did read about a Season 11 contract negotiation, but AMC has confirmed nothing.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 01-13-2020, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Gimple is a guy who had a some great seasons of TWD, then presided over the worst gimmicks in the show that managed to dent its ratings in a way that it's still dealing with, failed upward and is now managing the upper levels of the franchise right at a time when Fear's timeline is getting subordinated to TWD, after making comments like wanting to bring comic-style "larger than life" bull**** to Fear, the exact sort of thing people wanted to avoid.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie12345 (View Post)
Gimple is a guy who had a some great seasons of TWD, then presided over the worst gimmicks in the show that managed to dent its ratings in a way that it's still dealing with, failed upward and is now managing the upper levels of the franchise right at a time when Fear's timeline is getting subordinated to TWD, after making comments like wanting to bring comic-style "larger than life" bull**** to Fear, the exact sort of thing people wanted to avoid.
But one must also wonder why AMC lets this happen, they must have realized their profits are constantly decreasing with gimple. They should fire him and every writer around him (chambliss and goldberg).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
Gimple drives me crazy because half of what he says is pure babble, and the other half is pseudo-nonsense because he has no idea how the ongoing lawsuit between AMC, the TWD comic co-creators, and fired former director/showrunner/screenwriter Frank Darabont, will turn out. this insane lawsuit is in it's eight year of litigation, and now the parents of the Carl actor, have refiled their lawsuit against AMC, for illegal termination of a minor actor, because AMC did not want to pay him an adult contract, since Carl is the surviving major player at the conclusion of the TWD comics. he's not dead.
Yes the firted chandler riggs for nothing and also kim dickens. In both cases they never gave reason why, they just removed them.

Btw how do the comics end? Can you tell me? You can use spoiler tags maybe.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread