Jonas Brothers

At this point, why do they even keep her

Tori
Old 04-19-2021, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

My review from the spoiler thread:

Good episode overall, clearly better than the previous one which was rather mediocre. But that is not surprising given it was not written by goldberg and chambliss unlike the previous one. But nevertheless morgan kind of made me hate him again this eppy with his ridiculous pacifist ideas. As usual people like Morgan or Strand or even Al had more to do than alycia. Alycia is totally underrepresented this season. Even in the crappy s5 she had more screentime. Bc now it‘s her always just standing around in different scenes but barely saying anything, it’s ridiculous as if she was just an extra in some moments. but the story does not focus on her. So far at least.

Interesting revelation about dakota actually being ginny‘s daughter. Also i felt a bit sorry for ginny tbh. But morgan should‘ve just killed her instead of making this into one of his ridiculous morgan typical „we can‘t kill people“ moments.

I‘m definitely no fan of june, but i liked her for being the only character not falling for morgan‘s peace mentality and killing virginia, which was definitely necessary.

But i really want such badass moments for alicia. So far this season she‘s just an extra with a few lines but no own story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
Liked the episode a lot. Really, only thing I didn't like was as you said, not nearly enough Alicia

By the way I thought Dakota was lying when she said she was the one to save Morgan...but looks like it was really her

And another thing… this is probably just me but I don't get why they made Ginny being her mom instead of her sister…to explain why Ginny killed her "parents"? I don't get it. Were the grandparents mean or something?
That and morgan being morgan tbh.

Either way the alicia problem is a huge deal for us fans. Bc it clearly makes the show much less good than it could be. So far I still enjoy TWB more thand fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heda_Khaleesi (View Post)

based on the early reviewers I thought we would get more Alicia screen time, they said she was in both 8 and 9 as if she had a major part. see, we can't trust these reviewers. i just hope her time will come. i mean 6B already looks very promising especially with those 2 good episodes we got. i just wished Alicia was part of it.
These reviews also said that episode 8 and 9 were absolutely amazing even better than season 3. Which is also a lie. They were pretty good, but definitely not amazing or in a league with s3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heda_Khaleesi (View Post)
true, she feels like a foreign object in this show...and with these few lines she has, well can't do much with it
She needs to leave the show asap, those two bozos changed the show in a way that it is morgan and friends, there is no need for alicia in it, nor luciana tbh.

Last edited by Arrakis; 04-19-2021 at 11:35 AM
Old 04-19-2021, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ i agree with everything you said there. sure plot wise the show became much better but as for Alicia i see zero progress. 6B will be a make or break season for her as a character now.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Yes let's see what happens in episode 11 and 14. But I'm not having too many hopes tbh.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

As a major season 1-3 stan and I absolutely hate Morgan and the the reboot, worst decision ever in the history of the TWDU. But even I can say, this episode was great. And sadly Alicia didn't have much to contribute at all. I think they have no use for her or don't know what to do with her. Strand vs Alicia was nice and I hope we can build on that but I'm not sure any more. Either they use her more or kill her off but 5 minutes and 5 lines per episode is just wrong
Old 04-19-2021, 12:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

I don't have high hopes either. Even with killing off two people off the show still has a million characters

Tori
Old 04-19-2021, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

But that's exactly the thing... They don't seem to need her any longer
Old 04-19-2021, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

They don't need her and there is still way too many characters.

I'm just glad they got rid of all the kids from season 5.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

But she's the face of the new seasons, she's the face in the promo. She's the one they talk about will finally *insert whatever they say every season*. yet she's the one who gets nothing

Tori
Old 04-19-2021, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't Have You (View Post)
But she's the face of the new seasons, she's the face in the promo. She's the one they talk about will finally *insert whatever they say every season*. yet she's the one who gets nothing
Yes alycia has been saying for years now that alycia is finally being the leader she needs to be and finally foudn her true purpose etc. It's has gotten pretty ridiculous at this point.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:06 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm a casual FTWD watcher and really am here for the show, not just Alycia so keep that in mind when reading my review

Never in my life have I witnessed any form of fiction that varies in quality this extremely.

Like WTF. This show has been good, it's been bad, it's been okay, it's been fantastic, it's been one of the shows on TV and it's been THE worst show on TV. Also just how extreme the tonal changes are truly are something to behold. This show started as a story of the beginning of the apocalypse, then became The Walking Dead: On Water, then became The Walking Dead: Mexico, then became TWD: Ranchers vs Indians, then became a TWD spin off about Morgan, then became whatever the hell season 5 was and is now just a full on zombie apocalypse western movie. And I really love season 6. The last two episodes were pretty good.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

it's all because of gimpleton, the pathetic scumbags who make decisions at AMC, and the inexcusable utter failure to make Alicia the main star/lead of the series.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 04-20-2021, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I unterstand people liking season 6 again. One of the things Fear seasons 1-3 was very good at was creating tension that felt real. It's something I've missed and honestly didn't think it would return, but yes this episode had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Colby Minifie's incredible performance was a key part in that. All in all I'm happy with the progress in this episode and looking forward to watching the aftermath this week.

But as an Alycia fan, it's everything you guys pointed out already.

EC | ADC

Old 04-20-2021, 03:41 AM
Supreme Fan

Like seriously, where the hell has this show been since the Madison/Stadium thing? Why the hell did we have to go through two seasons worth of pure garbage and cringe worthy nothingness when we could've had this? Why the filthy woman? Why the beer balloon? Why the San Antonio Split? Why the failed attempts at comedy? Just why? What the **** were they thinking?

And more importantly: what changed? What happened behind the scenes? Who turned it around? New writers? I am glad they did.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by just one dream (View Post)
I'm a casual FTWD watcher and really am here for the show, not just Alycia so keep that in mind when reading my review

Never in my life have I witnessed any form of fiction that varies in quality this extremely.

Like WTF. This show has been good, it's been bad, it's been okay, it's been fantastic, it's been one of the shows on TV and it's been THE worst show on TV. Also just how extreme the tonal changes are truly are something to behold. This show started as a story of the beginning of the apocalypse, then became The Walking Dead: On Water, then became The Walking Dead: Mexico, then became TWD: Ranchers vs Indians, then became a TWD spin off about Morgan, then became whatever the hell season 5 was and is now just a full on zombie apocalypse western movie. And I really love season 6. The last two episodes were pretty good.
I'm laughing at this description, because it's so very true You get whiplash thinking about it

Tori
Closed Thread   Post New Thread