Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2019, 12:16 AM
Supreme Fan

I really liked this episode. It surely has the typical nonsense like Logan in the flashback and his frustrated dream of becoming a marathon runner in order to save a girl, which actually happens to Alicia and Strand, too... and few moments later he gets killed off with his squad. But I can forgive the nonsense! Because for the first time this season other than the plane taking off STUFF happened!

It's nowhere close to the worst episodes of S3, but I really liked this episode mainly because it shows Luciana is still a good character on the inside, and her attitude reminded me of when she first appeared a little bit. People really bashed on her on S4 but now it's crystal clear and if you have two eyes you can see it's all on Gimple and his two little puppies. She hasn't even had an episode centered on herself, while Al, June, John, Charlie, Morgan and even Grace have had one. (every episode counts as Morgan-centric) so, yeah maybe we'll lose her maybe we won't but at least she's had FAIR screentime, so I'm just relieved. That's all I wanted for her.

I liked Sarah in this episode. I usually struggle with her but I think she actually had character chemistry with Logan, who was also a good character but so poorly written. Actually, I liked how almost every single character in the episode have had an atrocious writing throughout the season and at least they've had a couple of decent dialogues and actions (yeah, inclusing Alicia and Strand too, just wished they had more screen time)

The Wes rescue was so surreal but it's not Help the Walkie-talkie Friends without plot holes.

And last but not least... NO FREAKING MORGAN FOR THE SECOND TIME THIS IS A DREAM (somehow I could still feel him and Al recording, these last two episodes lol)
just one dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

I actually quite enjoyed this episode, too. Of course nowhere near old quality but it wasn't the worst.

BUT IT TOOK 13 EPISODES FOR ANY PAYOFF.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. Can't believe they really dragged this **** out for 13 episodes...and that's the payoff we get.

This better somehow lead to the group going to Alexandria when Rick blows the bridge up. Or else I have a hard time even imagining how this season is going to end. Thankfully, there's only three episodes left!
Old 09-09-2019, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

it was okay. Logan's death took me by surprise as i said already. it's a bit disappointing that they only showed him in a few episodes at the start of the season, and when we finally get more episodes with him they kill him off.aAlso the girl stuck in the room could have broken the window and left. something i noticed with this show is that there's not a lot of natural sounding conversations. it all feels like a speech. that's pretty weird.
Heda_Khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 12:21 AM
Supreme Fan

On the bright side stuff happened.
just one dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'll try to find some positive things because I want to keep hope alive for what used to be one of my favorite shows.

My trust in the writers is at an all time low so I just can't bring myself to be excited about the horsepeople. There's a 99% chance it will turn into something lame so...why bother getting excited. I might have been more interested if the main horselady was Isabelle.

But I must say, it was satisfying to finally see someone just shoot somebody in the head after watching that day turn to night turn to day standoff next to a 4-alarm-fire. I was hoping Sarah would catch a bullet too, but alas.

The zombie workhorses chasing rats could have been cool in a different scenario but the whole oilfield plot is so lame that I just didn't care. I was also already salty by the other stupidity in the episode so that didn't help.

The Wes actor has a nice presence on screen so I still prefer him over a lot of other characters. Let's just hope he doesn't turn full on Morganite. Hopefully some of his cynicism rubs off on Alicia so she can go back to being a pragmatic character.

Luciana had some of her s2 personality back which was nice to see. I didn't mind the 3 kids this time, I even preferred them over Sarah/Wendell. As long as there's no romance storyline with Charlie and Max! Please, no. Nobody cares. There have been no hints but my mind automatically goes to the worst possible plotlines with these writers.

Took me a second to realize that random lady with Not!FatherGabriel was Tess. Can some of these bite it already?

BUT I always want more scenes with Strand and Alicia.
MysteryXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

You're right, Wes actually has good presence on screen, fits in well, acts well, feels natural in the scene and in his acting.

Actually I liked they kept Tess without wasting screen time on her for the sake of it and without just killing her off. It's better than extras without a story.

Though the show has its faults, I do like the idea of them finally using walkers as a nigh-infinite fuel source.

Still the whole season was for naught. Logan/horse tribe (or whatever), in one or two episodes then let's get on with it. But no, long drag out **** just to kill them off and get to the "meat" with nothing left for the season.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

same here, all that Logan "spotlight" for nothing. and now we've got another big bad group that's haphazardly introduced. meh. okay. hurry up and finish the damn season already.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Logan was set up from the very start of the ****ing season, dragged on, where's muh oil fields, hyped to be some sort of cool villain, where's muh oil fields, to finally be killed off without doing literally ANYTHING interesting. He was just a mild annoyance at best. I didn't give a **** he died. Was I supposed to? What a waste. Rest in oil fields Logie.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Isn't it kind of late in the season to introduce another villain? It's like the Saviors on horses.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i just hope the new group gives us some hints to the helicopter people.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Two episodes later, we will have another baddie lol

Seriously, this has to be a record of how many baddies we had in a season
Old 09-09-2019, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Dp
Fan Forum Star

You mean... none?

Was anyone really 'bad' this season? We just know they were supposed to be bad but there never was any danger. Everyone should be holding hands and painting rainbows on trees
Fan Forum Legend

country lady is already annoying as ****. this show specializes in annoying "villains".
Old 09-09-2019, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know this ending is supposed to be tense and all, but there is zero chance of anyone important dying, and really all I am thinking as the scene plays out is, "maybe this will lead to Luciana leaving the show." Ugh.
Reply   Post New Thread