Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2018, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I just don't think madison would couse problems in that way.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

The original plan was to make her a villain. I wished they could have sticked to that plan.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:37 AM
Elite Fan

Hi friends

I can see her becoming a darker character which she was for awhile but full on evil would be OOC to me. Unless you're talking at the beginning of the series?
Old 06-24-2018, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

I also can't see her going pure evil. Like anti hero yes, but major villain no. Madison cared too much for her kids always
Old 06-24-2018, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Guys I still miss her very much

EC | ADC

Old 06-24-2018, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

The fact that the Nick/Alicia vehicle could have led the herd away has been discussed a lot and remains a really dumb plot hole for how The Stadium fell. That makes Madison's death even more useless.

What compounds this stupidity is the fact that this group, out of all the groups we have seen, should be able the handle a hoard attack the absolute best. They had previously mastered the walker guts camo trick and yet they didn't just use that to ride out the hoard.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The Nick and Alicia from previous seasons were clever, sharp people and to see them act so stupid was just bizarre. But the writing is to blame here.

EC | ADC

Old 06-24-2018, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

The thing about it all, they didn't even need to run away. We saw Nick and Luciana apply about 3 swipes of blood to their face and absolutely disappear outside La Colonia. Why couldn't they have waded their way into The Stadium?!? It's not like the walkers are going to work together to roll the car over if they slowly drive through the herd. They would just sit there clawing at the car as it drove through them and get pushed aside.

There's a lot of aspects of season 4 I really liked (Morgan, John Dorie, Althea) but railroading Madison for an illogical reason just does not sit well with me.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

To me it feels like the new showrunners were too lazy to review the show and understand how it all works. They were probably too busy trying to figure out how to run a show since it seems like they had no experience.

EC | ADC

Old 06-24-2018, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

The same people (Madison, Alicia and Strand) who set up a complex and dangerous operation in S2 to clean out a 17 story hotel were somehow incapable of leading walkers away from a secure stadium?
Old 06-24-2018, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Doesn't feel like the same characters at all now.

EC | ADC

Old 06-24-2018, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

I really think the story THEY wanted/want to do was/is the one coming in 4B - the linear Morgan show. These new showrunners seem to have no concept of TWD world (even though they say they do). 4A seemed so incoherent and not relatable to our FTWD cast, that instead of saying after S3 we are starting a new show, decided to give us a hodge-podge of horrible character decisions and stupid "villains." They also seem to not like the "graphic" nature of the show; weenies who spent most of their time making "Once Upon A Time" jack and the beanstalk ****. On sight, the Vultures would have been decimated by Madison; Charlie would have been whacked by Alicia or Madison, and so, on, on, on.....

Unless someone else decides to buy the rights from AMC (I don't know how that works in TV land) - like Netflix - I am unsure if AMC will change course. Unless the ratings are so bad, they decide to revamp FTWD again - with Madison, Daniel, Taqa… I think a FTWD Netflix "original" (sort of) series would be amazing.....
Old 06-24-2018, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
To me it feels like the new showrunners were too lazy to review the show and understand how it all works. They were probably too busy trying to figure out how to run a show since it seems like they had no experience.
I guess that's true after all. That happens when you hire these incompetent noobs as showrunners and writers. Seems that also the AMC bosses don't know how to do their job right. Their last big hit show Breaking bad is long gone now and TWD that used to be a hit is simply a joke now. Other approaches to make new shows also failed.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Some shows just jump the shark sadly but are not canceled and keep on running and running...
Old 06-25-2018, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
Some shows just jump the shark sadly but are not canceled and keep on running and running...
Most CW shows.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread