Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2018, 03:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There are many good things but also bad things in season 4. All in all I prefer season 3 still more but we have 10 more episodes to go and I am excited for the journey.

I second that what has been said about the Clarks being the main group should remain. Also more Alicia is never wrong. I don't get why people are mad with her for shooting. She is in obvious anger because she thinks Madison is dead. She wanted to shoot Laura, not John. John being a fan favorite now is obvious but I didn't start watching because of him. Still I appreciate how well done the new characters are.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I like the show. I like this season. I like the writing. The episode with Nick totally blindsided me and as I didn't want it to happen...it was a brutal reminder of the world they are in and fact that no one is safe. He was my favorite character...it saddens me he's out. But I still enjoy other characters. But I certainly wouldn't mind if it was more about the Clarks and I hope the next 10 episodes follow them more and we finally find out where Madison is and see her in the present time line.

EC | ADC

Old 05-22-2018, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

The season is slowly winning me over however I don't like the lack of Madison and her disappearance feels like a deliberate cliffhanger written in the show to keep people watching to find out what happened to her. It closely mirrors the Glenn-dumpster cliffhanger where we had to wait to find out what happened and I hated that.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really hope by midseason finale they close this huge gap in the story and how Strand, Alicia, Daniel, Madison, Nick make it out of the dams destruction. And then focus more on our original group.

When the old staff of FTWD get uprooted to make way for a gamble at enticing TWD fans, with adverse affects on the show and its own distinct fanbase, there is bound to be anger. I'm sure there are some original FTWD fans who like the new season, but I'm sure there are many who don't. And social media is a very dangerous place with a lot of hate. I do like our threads here because we can discuss all opinions
Old 05-22-2018, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I've been enjoying this season so far, just as I've enjoyed all the other seasons.

The only thing I'm not enjoying is the lack of Madison. It really bothers me, and I'm worried they might write her off in the present or something. I also don't really like how she became this person that sees the good in everyone from a cold, calculating, manipulative woman who'd sacrifice anybody to protect her children.

She and Alicia were my favorite characters, and now Madison feels like Kim Dickens portraying a completely new role. Otherwise, I'm enjoying the season so far.

And yeah I also totally understand the criticism of this season and I need more Alicia. But I am also intrigued with the other characters. Bit of a dilemma.

EC | ADC

Old 05-22-2018, 04:17 AM
Elite Fan

Well since John and Naomi's backstory episode we've seen a lot more of the original cast so I think they're done keeping them suppressed, if that's the right word?

No way they'd write Madison off (unless they're insane) right not we only have 3 main characters from the first season which sucks but both Cliff and Frank wanted to leave.

Hard to believe there are only 10 episodes left...season is flying
Old 05-22-2018, 08:06 AM
Loyal Fan

ratings were dropped for this episode after the clint eastwood wannabe stand alone episode. no surprise, people rather watch NBA after a boring dead episode
Old 05-22-2018, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
FTWD from all over the place (including twitter) love this season and have a renewed interest in the show along with many that have been around since the first season.. Is it a reset and a reboot of sorts? Yes but shows need that sometimes. Is it gimpliefied? Yes but it's been better than anything TWD has done in a long time.

Oh well, I don't expect everyone to like it and would be surprised if nobody hated it. But there are plenty of other TV shows out there.

Next weekend is Memorial Day weekend so no new episode.
Yes some shows somtimes realyl need that, but ftwd was clearly not one of those shows. Despite lots of weirdo fans with obnoxious opinions (not you of course) that couldn't acknowledge the quality of season 3, the show became really good. Just the ratings were bad. But that was not the show's fault bu the fans fault.

@everybody, as much as we like or don't like the writing, I think we can all agree that the lack of alycia so far is pretty sad and that we all hope to see more of her and less of some other characters.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

Overall I'm very satisfied with the show and it sucks that some here aren't but oh well. We got a lot more of the OG cast last episode and that's only going to continue.

I disagree that the show didn't need a reset. It seems like more and more people have started to give this a chance after the first few episodes after having given up after the first season.

Ratings have always sucked but that's because a lot of people will always compare this to the original show which doesn't make any sense because this one stands on its own.

One thought I had? They should have waited until the original series was over to have a spinoff show especially since this one starts right after the OG show and ends right before it starts.

FTWD is the 2nd highest rated and most successful show on AMC so theres that.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)

@everybody, as much as we like or don't like the writing, I think we can all agree that the lack of alycia so far is pretty sad and that we all hope to see more of her and less of some other characters.
i think we all agree on that
Old 05-22-2018, 01:23 PM
Loyal Fan

So it was in season 1, season 2 and season 3 , no need for reset, they wanted to improve the ratings, it not worked out, end of the debate , because you can't prove otherwise

ratings demo
s3e06: 0.83
s4e06: 0.82
Old 05-22-2018, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

my favorite season was season 3 but i don't know much about ratings (and in this case i also don't really care because i guess FTWD will go as long as the writers/showrunners want to...)
Old 05-22-2018, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
I disagree that the show didn't need a reset. It seems like more and more people have started to give this a chance after the first few episodes after having given up after the first season.
The show was not the problem. As i stated it was the not really smart fans who didn't give it a chance again after the rather boring season 1. I mean it's really not that difficult to read some reviews of season 2 or three and decide to go on. The fact they needed to bring in an actually less competent showrunner, to be able to announce we reboot this to bring fans back, is the sad thing about this whole story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipLecsap (View Post)
ratings demo
Yes that is pretty interesting, the amount of people are pretty much the same, but I heard of new fans joining in. I bet lots of of fans who watched till season three left after their heard gimple would take over, whereas lots of twd fans who actually like gimple and Morgan came over. I know this same thing from a show called nashville. They also brought in new showrunners and new characters and with that there came new fans while part of the old left. The new and the remaining old fans got into bad fights on social media and even on fanforum, which caused the nashville fan community here to break apart and the board had to close sadly. I hope this won't happen here though.

Last edited by Arrakis; 05-22-2018 at 04:06 PM
Old 05-22-2018, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipLecsap (View Post)

So it was in season 1, season 2 and season 3 , no need for reset, they wanted to improve the ratings, it not worked out, end of the debate , because you can't prove otherwise

ratings demo
Ratings are still the same, your point? Show is in a very safe spot and the ratings are fine. That's all that matters. There's plenty of other stuff out there for people to watch if they don't like what they're saying.

They reset the story so they had more creative opportunities and ability to tell storylines in a new way. Resetting the show had absolutely nothing to do with ratings. Some people act like the show is going to fall apart and people don't like the changes say a reset isn't needed..which is just false.

I'm moving on though because this back and fourth is tiring and I'm way too passionate about my shows to have the same debate over and over.

See everyone around :wave. Those who enjoy the show, keep supporting it! Those that don't...good luck to you.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

You guys need to accept each others opinions, chip please don't go all over mark and mark, no bad feelings but saying that the reboot was needed for creative reasons and had nothing to do with ratings is just false. Bc first of all, the creative direction under erickson was really well actually and ratings constantly sank since season 1 and surly played a role in this decisions.

Either way we had the same kind of heated debate on the nashville board until the point we all couldn't go on with each other and we had to close the board. So maybe we should just watch the show and stop discussing it here on the board? Dunno

Last edited by Arrakis; 05-22-2018 at 07:49 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top