Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2017, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

For sure. But just imagine all the potentials...
Old 07-27-2017, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

All gone to waste too easily

EC | ADC

Old 07-27-2017, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nope still don't get it
Old 07-27-2017, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Don't know where to post this so I think this fits in here as welll?

Here is something interesting about Clarke

Quote:
Remember Clarke Griffin in season 2? The Clarke Griffin who was manipulative, cunning, logical, empathetic, yet ruthless, sometimes all at once? The Clarke who selflessly killed the boy she loved in order to ensure her people’s safety while also selfishly making sure he didn’t suffer? The Clarke Griffin who did what had to be done to protect her people, even if that meant making the difficult decisions and carrying all the guilt herself? Remember the Clarke Griffin who said “You may be the Chancellor, but I’m in charge” (in my opinion one of the best Clarke moments in the show)? Remember the badass, well-written, interestingly complex Clarke Griffin of season 2? I do, and I really miss that character and Eliza Taylor’s fantastic performance, because now the Clarke I once loved, the once resilient and strong Clarke, has been replaced with a bland, one dimensional, static version of herself in season 4, sometimes even treated as if she was a guest star or a secondary character, either appearing for one or two scenes, or not appearing at all. She went from being the active protagonist, to a mostly passive background character in season 4 who sometimes had a somewhat substantial role in an episode.

It wasn’t even like she became passive because her guilt and grief or that the loss of Lexa changed her. She just…became sidelined. The lead of the show was given a horrible supplementary storyline and she lost all of the qualities that made her a great character. The character who once said “Maybe life should be about more than just surviving” was reduced to a storyline where her only concern was survival, with all of her relationships pushed aside.

To me, Clarke was a unique leader on TV. She wasn’t the cliché moral compass nor the infallible hero. She made mistakes, made the difficult decisions, and was responsible for so many deaths and massacres on the show. She was always willing to do anything to save her people, even if it wasn’t the right decision. But then throughout season 3 she was continuously and relentlessly blamed for her saving actions and was largely unappreciated while also becoming a compulsive apologizer. In season 4, when she wasn’t a punching bag for the Sky People, someone to blame for literally everything that had gone wrong, she was sidelined. And when she wasn’t sidelined, she was out of character.

Even at the Comic Con panel this year, Clarke was a secondary concern. The emphasis was off her and on the other characters, almost as if she wasn’t the lead anymore.

After the season 2 finale, there was so much potential for Clarke as Wanheda, to see her character affected after the her abandonment and the massacre at Mount Weather, but it was a storyline that lasted for less than half a season as it was pretty much discarded after 3×07.

But now there’s a tiny glimmer of hope. To me, the only enjoyable Clarke scene in season 4 was the last scene of the finale, where she’s alone with Madi. If I watch season 5, here’s what I want to see. Since we never saw Clarke’s transformation into Wanheda, something I was really hoping for last year, I want an entire Clarke-centric episode. I want to see her isolation. I want to see her find Madi. I want to see how she’s able to grow and heal away from the other characters, especially the unappreciative Sky People. I want to see if maybe, just maybe, the Clarke Griffin we all loved will return.

I know I’m not alone in my disappointment and anger over the way Clarke was written in season 4. After losing Lexa, we not only lost the amazing, beautiful Clexa ship, but we also lost Clarke Griffin too, not because her grief changed her, but because the writing ruined her. Since Lexa’s death, I’ve only been watching the show for Clarke, and I really hope her characterization will change soon. I miss season 2 Clarke.
https://reverepublication.wordpress....racterization/

EC | ADC

Old 07-27-2017, 08:02 AM
Elite Fan

Great minds, Markus - I posted it in Clarke's thread earlier today. Vicky loved it.

you're lovely
never change
Old 07-27-2017, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The only time Clarke and Eliza really shined was her emotional scenes where Lexa popped up, like in the first couple eps in S4. You saw the raw emotion in her eyes and I think that was real for Eliza, cause it was clear to all she missed Alycia and the Lexa character.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedawanheda (View Post)
Great minds, Markus - I posted it in Clarke's thread earlier today. Vicky loved it.
Saw it there and I agree with the article as well
Old 07-27-2017, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How time changes things.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i agree Belle. season 4 wsa very weak except of the parts Eliza was nailing them.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Remember The scene guys. We went wild
Old 07-28-2017, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i know. THE SCENE. we freaked out. lol, they spoiled so much.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think we died a little.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

we hyped the scene so much!
Old 07-28-2017, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We all knew it was gonna happen. We were just waiting for the when.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Closed Thread   Post New Thread