Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2018, 02:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new one!

They had a five year contract from what I heard; Season 5 is coming up. We will see what happens after Season 5.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Alycia seems like she has CLEARLY the biggest "star potential" of anyone on the show. Even if some others are well known and established, given her age, etc it seems clear to me. I thought they agreed with that, explaining why she's the one Clark that survived the "takeover". But apparently not, because they've not done **** with her. This is Morgan & Friends and they're determined to stick with that formula until the ship totally goes under.....and it's listing BADLY, Gimple!

EC | ADC

Old 10-02-2018, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

I think Alycia personally probably didn't like how everything was handled offscreen and would've probably wanted more substantial stuff to do this season but you could tell she was really proud of her ep in 4x10. I think she'd stick it out through s5 if it stays as it is and leave at the end but if she thinks it gets better she'd stay if they get a s6.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It seems to me that the writers don't know how to to write for Alycia. For some reason, they are more comfortable with Morgan, and John. This show is very awkward now. Schmaltzy lines and philosophies that make no sense. Morgan is as lacking in logic as was Martha. I find many of the newer characters simply insufferable.

We can only hope Alycia can choose what she wants in the end. If she wants to leave she should, but if she wanna stay she should too.

EC | ADC

Old 10-02-2018, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
She went from a central character that got tons of screen time where a big chunk of the story revolved around her to basically a backround character who gets a few lines per episode
Yes i know, exaclty the same happened with Hayden on Nashville. It's a 100% copy of that happening on nashville lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SongIceFire (View Post)
Thanks for the new one!

They had a five year contract from what I heard; Season 5 is coming up. We will see what happens after Season 5.
Certainly or at least hopefully she won't renw it. Lol I even tweeted her to not renew her contract.

Quote:
Alycia seems like she has CLEARLY the biggest "star potential" of anyone on the show. Even if some others are well known and established, given her age, etc it seems clear to me. I thought they agreed with that, explaining why she's the one Clark that survived the "takeover". But apparently not, because they've not done **** with her. This is Morgan & Friends and they're determined to stick with that formula until the ship totally goes under.....and it's listing BADLY, Gimple!
I also wrote some angry tweets to gimple.

Quote:
It seems to me that the writers don't know how to to write for Alycia. For some reason, they are more comfortable with Morgan, and John. This show is very awkward now. Schmaltzy lines and philosophies that make no sense. Morgan is as lacking in logic as was Martha. I find many of the newer characters simply insufferable.

We can only hope Alycia can choose what she wants in the end. If she wants to leave she should, but if she wanna stay she should too.
Was exactly the same on nashville too, old characters got sidelined, their plots made no snse anymore and new characters were annoying. They also didn't know how to write.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

On the other hand it's an easy paycheck you know? If she won't get anything else meanwhile I can imagine her to stay.

EC | ADC

Old 10-02-2018, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
On the other hand it's an easy paycheck you know? If she won't get anything else meanwhile I can imagine her to stay.
You can only actively search for new tv roles at least, once you cancel your contract. I mean she is talented and unlike hayden has no drug issues i think, so she certainly will find another good tv role. As an actor at least if you really want to good roles you need to take certain risks, else you'll always be stuck with probably decently paid but mediocre roles. She could search for a film in the meantime of course, but she may not that big of a name yet, for big film roles. So searching for a big tv role might be the better choice.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm with you on that and I also think looking for other roles would be so much better. But can't you look for a role while staying in the show and then quit once you get a role offer? I imagine it the same as normal job hunting. While searching I am still working at my old place.

EC | ADC

Old 10-02-2018, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
I'm with you on that and I also think looking for other roles would be so much better. But can't you look for a role while staying in the show and then quit once you get a role offer? I imagine it the same as normal job hunting. While searching I am still working at my old place.
I'm not sure, I mean it's possible, but it's also possible you are not allowed to depending from your contract. They want to keep actors as long as possible. Allowing them to search for new jobs in the meantime makes it easlier for them to quit their current job.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Could be possible. Anyways, we all think it's time for her to either quit or the script to focus on her too. Because watching Alicia having only 3 lines per episode is too disappointing.

EC | ADC

Old 10-02-2018, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Could be possible. Anyways, we all think it's time for her to either quit or the script to focus on her too. Because watching Alicia having only 3 lines per episode is too disappointing.
Fully agree with that. I was glad nashville got cancelled after season 6. Jut that hayden probably won't get any good roles anymore. But alycia will once ftwd is gone.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

You never know, maybe she will. She just needs to focus again on acting.

Also look at the ratings. This is when you don't center the damn series around Alycia Debnam-Carey and her ability to actually carry an episode or three.

EC | ADC

Old 10-02-2018, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

The ratings went up a bit for the finale, but they were worse than last season and already last season it was said that the ratings were too low and hence new creative people were needed lol.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

it's clear to me and most other fans that Alicia should be running the show. not only has she put her time in, but she's easily the best character on the show, not to mention only one of two season 1 characters still alive, and the only member still breathing of the family that once included Travis, Madison, Chris and Nick. Why isn’t the show hers? if Madison had to die (which she definitely didn't), why isn't she the logical successor instead of Momo?
Old 10-02-2018, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
it's clear to me and most other fans that Alicia should be running the show. not only has she put her time in, but she's easily the best character on the show, not to mention only one of two season 1 characters still alive, and the only member still breathing of the family that once included Travis, Madison, Chris and Nick. Why isn’t the show hers? if Madison had to die (which she definitely didn't), why isn't she the logical successor instead of Momo?
Maybe bc gimple is misogynist? I mean on social media these people are always liberal, but elsewhere they may be conservatives.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread