Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2020, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

You could try bly manor, it's surely a romance story as you'd like it, just a bit scary, but you could watch with your hubby.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the OP!
Old 12-10-2020, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I need to continue, somehow I haven't been able to watch that much this week. Always been a bit too tired from work. Currently at 1x04.

EC | ADC

Old 12-10-2020, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I found the first 4 episodes better, episode 5-7 were quite confsuing to me. I mean I still think the show is good and damie is amazing, but season 1 "the haunting of hill house" was better in terms of writing, it also had it's big plot twists, but more scary scenes and a bit less time jumps.

Old 12-10-2020, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the trailer!
Old 12-11-2020, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wait there is a TV show and a Movie? I am confused
Old 12-11-2020, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

No the hautning of hill house was the first season, it's an anthology series, each season tells a new story. Haunting of bly manor is the second season.
Old 12-11-2020, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Just watched 1x05 and yeah, it was amazing and I was very emotional I admit.

Hannah agreeing to go to Paris and how the viewer (us) knows she can't and then she realizes that she's dead but is in denial about it. It actually made me choke back tears because no matter how much she tried to change her predicament, she's still dead... She and Owen deserved better. It was an incredibly painful scene. When she says "wait..." she's slowly realizing that the moment is gone, that she's gone. While Owen says "let's go while we can!" but she can't now, the regret is palpable.

EC | ADC

Old 12-11-2020, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Yeah that was sad indeed, but by far the saddest was episode 8 so far telling the ancient story of bly manor.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Well, I didn't expect to be crying my heart out for this series, The Haunting Of Bly Manor. but I did It started a bit slow but I got into it very fast! Mike's storytelling and how he keeps us guessing is just incredible! He incorporates real people and real stories with the horror genre and makes us really feel for the characters. The actors really make us feel something for their characters and we truly care for them. I can't say enough how much I love this series.
Old 12-12-2020, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

It was really beautifully done. All the characters and I was really rooting for dani and jamie in the end, I'm glad there was at least a tiny little happy ending after all.
Old 12-12-2020, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

indeed, i loved everything about it and especially my f/f ship i know the end was tragic but also bittersweet (i hate this term, i really do) but it describes the end for them pretty good i guess and also let's the audience back with some sort of hope/peace.
Old 12-12-2020, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heda_Khaleesi (View Post)
indeed, i loved everything about it and especially my f/f ship i know the end was tragic but also bittersweet (i hate this term, i really do) but it describes the end for them pretty good i guess and also let's the audience back with some sort of hope/peace.
Yes I agree, bittersweet fits there very well. Not sure who I like more damie or raylla. But I guess damie.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I feel bad for never watching anything with you guys but I am glad you find something to watch and talk about
Old 12-13-2020, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SongIceFire (View Post)
I feel bad for never watching anything with you guys but I am glad you find something to watch and talk about
I'm sure you'd like bly manor though, bc it is more a love story and not that scary actually, besides a few scenes especially in the beginning. You could watch with your hubby.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top