Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2019, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

All I know is that a blond woman plays Supergirl, the female version of Superman and it's a CW show and that's enough for me to know
Old 08-01-2019, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

fair enough
Old 08-01-2019, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfully (View Post)
All I know is that a blond woman plays Supergirl, the female version of Superman and it's a CW show and that's enough for me to know
It's better than the average cw show though.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Without having seen it I do believe you since I heard good stuff about it
Old 08-03-2019, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

FTWD could be from CW...it looks like that.

EC | ADC

Old 08-03-2019, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
FTWD could be from CW...it looks like that.
That's bc the writers come from the CW, but they're the worst kind of CW writers (probably even too bad for that channel lol). The supergril writers are quite capable though, especially given they work on a cw show.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

It might be nice to see her bond more with women.
Old 08-04-2019, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i agree, i'd like to see her friendship with Luciana more. they barely have scenes.
Old 08-04-2019, 02:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

I personally don't think that Garcia deserves to be on FTWD. Not saying it's all that great at the moment, but Garcia is the least convincing cast member IMO, and plays the least interesting character. And I really don't think that she holds her own with an actress like Alycia. Their scenes only illustrate the difference between them.

It might be nice to see more of her with June and Al.

I really like "I'm With You," the video in the OP. Good to find it here.
Old 08-04-2019, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i liked her in season 3 when she was with Nick, but without Nick she feels flat. i also think it's because she has nothing to do. acting wise she isn't one of the strongest, i agree with you there.

i am also in for more Alicia/Al.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
I personally don't think that Garcia deserves to be on FTWD. Not saying it's all that great at the moment, but Garcia is the least convincing cast member IMO, and plays the least interesting character. And I really don't think that she holds her own with an actress like Alycia. Their scenes only illustrate the difference between them.

It might be nice to see more of her with June and Al.

I really like "I'm With You," the video in the OP. Good to find it here.
Well for me that wqould be lenny james, I think he has the least interesting and useful character on the show and I want him to leave tbh. Also alicia/june, no thanks. I can't stand scientology jenna and the less she interacts with alycia on set the better.
Old 08-04-2019, 12:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

You think a conflicted, compassionate man, and a very skilled fighter, is the least interesting and useful of every single character on the show?

I have nothing against Garcia personally, and I don't exactly dislike Luciana. The actress and character simply add nothing IMO. Garcia puts too much emphasis on her line delivery at times, making it sound unnatural. She just doesn't have the skill that the other actors possess. I can't imagine her in long, emotional scenes, and I really can't pictute her in an entire episode with just Alycia, like Alexa Nisenson was.

Your issues with Jenna extend to her character, June?
Old 08-05-2019, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree though, out of the cast she is the weakest Actress together with Jenna maybe, I don't buy June that much either.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
You think a conflicted, compassionate man, and a very skilled fighter, is the least interesting and useful of every single character on the show?

I have nothing against Garcia personally, and I don't exactly dislike Luciana. The actress and character simply add nothing IMO. Garcia puts too much emphasis on her line delivery at times, making it sound unnatural. She just doesn't have the skill that the other actors possess. I can't imagine her in long, emotional scenes, and I really can't pictute her in an entire episode with just Alycia, like Alexa Nisenson was.

Your issues with Jenna extend to her character, June?
Yes i think his exaggersted compassion for everyone even enemies is utter nunsense in the setting of the show, also that he expects everybody to act exactly the same way like him, so yes I think he's the most useless character on the show.

I don't actually mind june, but I don't like alycia being too much around jenna.
Old 08-06-2019, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

my problem with June is probably just Jenna...i have a hard time being objective and liking a character if i don't like the actor in real life.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread