Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-10-2017, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The Goodbye and Reasoning

Everybody
2017 as a whole as been a year of change and relooking at everything both and real life. Real life has me unemployed and self discovery, its also allowed me more time for and more exploring. Which is why I have closed a board, stepped down from another board, changing things up again. Board Restrictions have me only allowed 5 boards and this year there's been so boards that have recently opened that are interesting, had to miss out on one board. There's a board now that just opened that I want to go for and there's other options am thinking about. So had to think about the boards that I run solo and this is why I have done this

I've came to this decision mainly because I feel that anything in the board can be spoken on Wentworth Miller due to how he's the main character, so we can speak of any of his interactions. Plus we've got a general thread for the show to speak of anything, plus could get away with general seasonal threads that again could be spoken of for anything or anybody related to said season. So feel that its time to say goodbye to the board where not sure if anybody has the time to become probably its solo moderator. So think the easiest thing would be to come over to Wentworth which has 2 moderators, instead of trying to post on both boards
"Pilots call me Starbuck. You may refer to me as God." [Kara Thrace]
Old 10-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Fringe

Whatever you feel is necessary you should do although I really don't like the thought of not having this board to read

Nora and Kevin (The Leftovers)
Old 10-10-2017, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
Whatever you feel is necessary you should do although I really don't like the thought of not having this board to read
This board doesn't have to close if someone steps up to moderate it. We'll be posting a Moderator Opening Announcement here soon.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-10-2017, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't believe this!

But I understand. We haven't had many regular posters since the season ended this summer. But still. We only got this back.

I might not have had time to mod it anymore, but this is not what I would have wanted.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow a shocker, and sorry it had to come down to this.
The main thing that matters is that when you were mod here you did what you could and even had main live watches and everything but sadly with the traffic decrease, I can see how things are becoming more difficult for many of the boards on and you can't do it alone AND with the limit of boards you can apply to, I can definitely understand wanting change ups and new boards. Hopefully one day the limit can be at 7. lol But for now you have to work around the rules and sadly one board was going to be left out.

Thanks for doing a wonderful job at doing the best you could for the Prison Break board since the opening from the time you modded it yourself.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
Like Jerry said, the board doesn't have to close.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Even though I don't agree with this. I get it. You do what you have to do.

I guess I will say my goodbyes now.

This was one of my fav boards to Mod.. the first time and this time. I made so many great memories, and met great people. Talking about the show and characters we loved because of it.

We did get this second chance, I'm glad it happened. I'm glad I got to Mod with you Sarah. It was a pleasure.

I wish you luck with where you go next.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Everybody

This decision does pain me but my reasoning is that a moderator can only moderator 5 boards. Its why I closed BSG was because it wasn't going any where and it allowed me to moderator Wentworth than left X-Men cause it had been a burden for a long time and got to move onto Star Wars which is a forever favorite of mine

Same time that I left and went to Star Wars had to bypass going for The Flash which the past 6 months I've posted on the board, it got a "rebirth" on now that its a moving board instead of just the shipping thread. So its something that I still want to be a moderator there cause its a solo board and the moderator has times of not being there. So have already helped him as an unofficial co moderator

I had to sit though pretty much a month of Gal Opening not being able to apply and that hurt alot. Its almost been 2 weeks since DECU has opened and I've been major involved with it related to the shaping of the board. So I really want to go for that board

Flash & DCEU alone are two boards that I want to go for - its why I had to think about my own solo boards. Both here and Stephen Amell are boards that I never thought I would step down from. Stephen has a cycle of the exact same threads being posted on and that's boring. Prison Break here does have that cycle - but I had hope when the show ended cause we had a group of posters.

I KNOW THAT REAL LIFE CAN GET IN THE WAY - so not faulting anybody cause I get it, though for me my RL has had me having the ability to being on all the time because I really can't do much of my real life cause its the slow patience game. So the board lately has been living on fellow moderators coming by

So after trying to do a board watch, even creating that game to have people explore threads they've never been on or haven't been on in awhile to try to get some cycling in threads. So its something that if people can make an effect to actualy show me the board is worth saving never know but its something that I have tried to have the board limitation looked at with no luck - so I have had to evualuate this year
Old 10-11-2017, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I understand, and it can be very tricky with the restrictions.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

So took this one down and replaced it with Time for change and maybe NOT goodbye