Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-26-2017, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

oh yeah that's right the little girl was a bit confusing at first i'll try to rewatch during the weekend or on friday (while i got time)
Old 01-29-2017, 08:10 PM
Supreme Fan

I rewatched the episode and am seriously amazed at the overall storytelling Moftiss have done over the entire series.

The moment when Sherlock has to choose to shoot either John or Mycroft, and Eurus says that Jim predicted he would shoot Mycroft, then Sherlock chooses to turn the gun on himself - it just speaks so much to how far Sherlock has come over the entire arc of the show.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 01-29-2017, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree I wished people would focus more on that instead of the flaws of the plot because if you do look at the episode, it does come full circle which is great and yeah the character development from Sherlock has been flawless. Usually people in TV shows do change but it's never as constant as it has been on the show I think that the more you watch TFP, the better you like it, i've seen a lot of people say that
Old 01-30-2017, 04:45 AM
Supreme Fan

That is definitely true in my case I feel like on rewatching it, I picked up on a lot more and better appreciated Eurus's whole "experiment" thing in Sherrinford - that it was more than just an interesting/scary plot line and had so much to do with Eurus's upbringing and her and Sherlock's relationship, and served to really illustrate Sherlock's growth.

I'd say my biggest issue with TFP is actually Mycroft - he made so many mistakes that completely went against him supposedly being "the smart one" - and I'm not sure if they did that to make Eurus seem even more of a genius or what. I also always thought that he really loved Sherlock and just struggled (even more than sherlock) to express that, but after hearing how he sort of sold Sherlock out by giving Moriarty to Eurus as a Christmas present, knowing what each of them were capable of - it just makes me really dislike him as a character.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 01-30-2017, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree for a few weeks even before TFP i was thinking "what are you doing Mycroft" because when he's showing off and saying that "Sherrinford is secure" when Eurus is literally with sherlock in the middle of london and he's thinking it's all fine (even if he thought sherlock was alone and made up a friend when high) still. The whole telling everything about Sherlock in series 2 to Moriarty was stupid too especially since he knows that Moriarty just went to see Eurus at that point so perhaps that should be his first clue that the sister is "active" or whatever they said.

I would like for Mofftiss to talk about the influence that Eurus had on Moriarty. Because i think that Andrew said "it's better when not everything is shown and when it's implied" but in that case, many many many people are actually just missing the point altogether.

Also i thought about something : if Eurus was responsible for the "did you miss me" video (without even mentioning how she did it or how she knew), and the fact that it went off just when sherlock was about to be sent to his death, doesn't that mean that she ultimately saved sherlock from a certain death? sure her goal was to "torture" him but still she saved him. In that case is saving sherlock the greater cause that sherlock mentioned at the end of the abominable bride when he compared it to Ricoletti's case?
Old 02-07-2017, 03:28 PM
Elite Fan

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
Old 02-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for that!

For my clarification of the timeline, did Moriarty going to visit Eurus as her "Christmas gift" take place around the same time as Christmas in Scandal in Belgravia?

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 02-08-2017, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah it is the christmas in scandal in belgravia in the episode after, the hound of the baskervilles, at the end you can see Moriarty clearly obsessed with Sherlock because he wrote sherlock everywhere whilst in the great game and a scandal in belgravia, he knows about sherlock, and is already a psychopath but not as obsessive as he gets in the hound. To me, it does explain a new level of obsessiveness

Sian's so cute
Old 02-09-2017, 04:50 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksღfly (View Post)
Yeah it is the christmas in scandal in belgravia in the episode after, the hound of the baskervilles, at the end you can see Moriarty clearly obsessed with Sherlock because he wrote sherlock everywhere whilst in the great game and a scandal in belgravia, he knows about sherlock, and is already a psychopath but not as obsessive as he gets in the hound. To me, it does explain a new level of obsessiveness

Sian's so cute
Thank you for clarifying!

I LOVE that dynamic between Eurus and Moriarty and that in the end, she was sort of the driving force behind Moriarty becoming utterly obsessed with Sherlock and eventually doing what he did. I'm glad they didn't give us the full conversation between Eurus and Moriarty, but I feel like they sort of sold themselves short by not emphasizing a little more the impact Eurus had on Moriarty. That what the governor in Sherrinford said - that people came out changed and she managed to get in their head - actually happened with Moriarty too.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 02-09-2017, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

In the interview, Sian explains that she has worked with Andrew before and I reckon it showed in that minute long scene
Old 02-18-2017, 07:55 AM
Absolute Fan

I was actually impressed by the episode (and pretty much the whole show). There is quality in the whole thing. And till the very last moment I kept crossguessing myself in what I thought was Redbeard and what had happened in their childhood because I somehow expected it to be something dramatic (not that i dont love all that drama).
This was a little expected way of events and did a lot of explaining by itself (if it makes any sense).
It might just be me (and my crazy mind) and my mom even couldn't figure out a stuff what was going on (and I dont call her less sharp because of that).
Anyway I really want to watch it all over again. I missed first episode (workhateworkon fridays) but saw the last two (thanks for sundays off boss) and to me there was no problem following through the storyline and even laugh as crazy most of the times because I cannot watch at Sherlock&Watson antics without falling into mind crippling hysterical laughing fit.. at least that's me. I cannot watch character antics and not have a knowing laugh as if I was one of them and knew the inside jokes.. Anyone else this batcrap crazy? :o
The other point was about little girl in an airplane that mom was bugging me about- I didn't take it as a real but more as a metaphor in showing Eurus emotional state (to make the point deeper that way)
Old 02-19-2017, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not sure you missed anything with skipping the six thatchers compared to the rest of the series that episode was in my opinion kind of weak because the premise is legit exciting and the plot twist kind of meh

The little girl was the thing for me in the episode that felt a bit wrong because sure it's not happening in real life but usually some sort of clue that it isn't real is out there, in the abominable bride the vocabulary use (used of modern sentences in the 19th century) clearly indicated that something wasn't right there