Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Benedict Cumberbatch

We can see through the glass

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
~ Jis_Bon ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

I like Kirk, so I felt bad for him. Khan is just a really excellent villain.
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Benedict Cumberbatch

i was rooting for Khan no shame
Old 11-15-2016, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

I like that they left it ambiguous enough that they could bring him back in future movies...especially since I think they're planning to continue this timeline's movie franchise beyond just the 3 films.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Benedict Cumberbatch

I like it, too! I hope to see him

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
~ Jis_Bon ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Benedict Cumberbatch

I don't know i used to be really optimistic especially when he tried to dodge the question on graham norton once but now that he's rolling with disney....
Old 11-16-2016, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

He manages to work out all his other stuff. There's no reason why being Dr Strange should rule out his being able to bring back Khan, if the timing worked out.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Benedict Cumberbatch

I never meant in terms of time but in terms of contracts. I read a few articles that were pretty much saying that Disney is slowly trying to replace Downey Jr with Benedict. Now we don't know for how many movies ben signed for (at least 3 right now) but I don't know if it was up to me, i wouldn't want one of my main actors going back for another big franchise of a competing studio Now apparently that's not a problem with Depp but it's Johnny Depp
Old 11-16-2016, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

I mean...they would have to specify in Benedict's contracts ahead of time that they didn't want him in the star trek franchise. It might be what they want, but that doesn't mean that's what Benedict wants. Where did you hear that they're trying to replace RDJ with Ben? Meaning, they need a snarky smart guy and RDJ wants out or they're tired of RDJ?
Old 11-18-2016, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Benedict Cumberbatch

Disney when it comes to their contract could have easily said something like that and Benedict ,knowing the big deal that Marvel is, could have as well agreed not to do Star Trek was he asked to come back (a fourth one is unlikely though), it wouldn't shock me, in terms of career move, Marvel is a lot more attractive than anything else at the moment (except perhaps the Harry Potter World), plus they actually seeked Benedict and waited for him. Honestly, coming from Disney, it wouldn't surprise me

There were articles i read and were linked on twitter feed (you can easily find some on the internet anyway).
They secured RDJ until 2019 but he's asking for more and more money (a whole lot of money ) and at this point, his contract has ended and is just doing movies one by one

Marvel Studios: how long is left on everyone’s contracts? | Den of Geek
Old 11-19-2016, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Well, it could definitely be lucrative to get in good with Disney. Could lead to things like roles in Star Wars, etc.

And that's a pretty interesting article...really makes you wonder what Marvel has up their sleeve once they've completed phase 3...I mean...It'll be close to 20 years they've been working on this by the time it's over right??
Old 11-19-2016, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Benedict Cumberbatch

I agree, i mean if Benedict was to be announced in an upcoming star wars at some point in the future it wouldn't surprise me at all

i know! obviously they're trying to set these new characters (black panther, captain marvel, doctor strange...) in phase 3 and i think they will replace "the old" characters, though I do believe that RDJ will perhaps be a producer or something like that, he seems super involved in Marvel
I just realized right now the big commitment that Ben has made
Also apparently they started shooting avengers infinity war in secret
Old 11-20-2016, 08:52 AM
Moderator Support Team
shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksღfly (View Post)
I agree, i mean if Benedict was to be announced in an upcoming star wars at some point in the future it wouldn't surprise me at all

i know! obviously they're trying to set these new characters (black panther, captain marvel, doctor strange...) in phase 3 and i think they will replace "the old" characters, though I do believe that RDJ will perhaps be a producer or something like that, he seems super involved in Marvel
I just realized right now the big commitment that Ben has made
Also apparently they started shooting avengers infinity war in secret
exciting!
Old 11-20-2016, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Benedict Cumberbatch

New characters are always exciting indeed
Reply   Post New Thread