Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
he Sherlock writer, co-creator and actor, Mark Gatiss, has added to speculation that the phenomenally successful BBC drama may have run its course.

He stated that it was a growing challenge to find time when both the main stars, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, can film together.

"I honestly don’t know if there will be any more. It’s incredibly difficult to get Benedict and Martin’s diaries to align," Gatiss said at the WhatsOnStage awards, according to The Sun.

"And obviously we left it in a very happy place… If that’s the end I’d be very happy where we left it."

The fourth series ended on Jan 15 with a particularly dark episode featuring Sherlock's long-lost sister. It left fans around the world wondering whether the team would return for a fifth series.

Gatiss also revealed the final day of filming had ended with a “whimper”.

“The last day tends to be an odd day—it’s never quite as you imagine it. But we did actually try and contrive it so the very last shot was Benedict and Martin running out of the building," he said.

“Then we realised that we had to do one last shot the next day of Martin falling over — so that’s how it ended. As usual these things end with a whimper.”
Doesn't sound good to me
Old 03-10-2017, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
Old 03-11-2017, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It doesn't look good
Old 03-12-2017, 04:11 AM
Elite Fan

I wanted to have a little hope

Old 03-13-2017, 04:23 AM
Supreme Fan

I wonder how Ben and Martin feel about continuing to do the show because really so much comes down to them.

I figured it would be over because I don't even know how you could sort of restart from here and bring something new to the show, you know? They did leave it in a really good place and of course they could continue, but with such a perfect sort of ending, I just wonder how continued series would go.

Did anyone watch the behind the scenes special clips on the DVD? There was one part where they show the filming of the phone call scene at Sherrinford, and you can see Loo there saying her lines for the scene. It was cool to see how they did that since Benedict said he came for her scene in the kitchen.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-13-2017, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No i haven't got the DVD yet i hope to get it soon hopefully I still find it incredibly sweet that Benedict went through the trouble of standing next to her for the lines it's wonderful -
Old 03-14-2017, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriela (View Post)
I wonder how Ben and Martin feel about continuing to do the show because really so much comes down to them.

I figured it would be over because I don't even know how you could sort of restart from here and bring something new to the show, you know? They did leave it in a really good place and of course they could continue, but with such a perfect sort of ending, I just wonder how continued series would go.

Did anyone watch the behind the scenes special clips on the DVD? There was one part where they show the filming of the phone call scene at Sherrinford, and you can see Loo there saying her lines for the scene. It was cool to see how they did that since Benedict said he came for her scene in the kitchen.
that is so sweet

Old 03-14-2017, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

they're such good friends
Old 03-15-2017, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

I know

Old 03-16-2017, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

like honestly i know for a fact that they have each other number's but i would like to know how much they actually text each other
Old 03-17-2017, 03:15 AM
Elite Fan

Who knows??

Old 03-17-2017, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

they do
Old 03-18-2017, 07:15 PM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, it'd be interesting to know more about their friendship. But at the same time I don't want to be one of those fans that they think are crazy I just need to actually be friends with them

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-19-2017, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We know that they do hang out sometimes (well not lately) and that they like each other but that's about it really
Old 03-22-2017, 05:55 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with Clem