Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2016, 07:28 AM
Elite Fan

Blindspot 2x08 "Do Not Slack, The Featherweight Wins" Episode Discussion

Blindspot 2×08

“Do Not Slack, The Featherweight Wins"
Episode Discussion

“DO NOT SLACK, THE FEATHERWEIGHT WINS”

When Weller (Sullivan Stapleton) and Jane (Jaimie Alexander) go missing during an undercover operation, the rest of the team must interrogate two criminals who hold the key to finding them. AUSA Weitz (guest star Aaron Abrams) returns with a vendetta against the team. Also starring Rob Brown, Audrey Esparza, Ashley Johnson, Ukweli Roach, Luke Mitchell, Michelle Hurd and Archie Panjabi. Also guest starring Trieste Kelly Dunn.

Original Air Date: 11/02/2016 (08:00PM – 09:00PM) (Wednesday)

• • • •

x

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."

Last edited by ~jo♥jo~; 11-02-2016 at 12:55 PM
Old 11-02-2016, 07:29 AM
Elite Fan

Hey Jo - hope you don't mind that I started this thread. I tried to follow your format but it's not quite the same. Could you please top it? Kthx!

Oops! I think I jumped the gun. This was just posted on the One Chicago board.

NBC will be airing a rerun of Blindspot tonight instead of a new episode due to the World Series.

World Series Game 7: CBS, NBC Pull Original Episodes of “Criminal Minds” “Blindspot” “SVU” | TVLine

Last edited by Romantic In Denial; 11-02-2016 at 11:06 AM
Old 11-02-2016, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Omg Sue thanks for starting this for me. I was gonna do it this morning but then my husband lost his car keys and I spent 2 hours looking for it

Oh shucks, no new Blindspot
Old 11-09-2016, 02:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Don't forget that this is on tonight!
Old 11-10-2016, 06:53 AM
Elite Fan

I really hate that Weitz guy. Unlikely, but I want him to be the mole.

Nas must think her days are numbered since she gave all of that intel to Patterson. I'd like her a lot more if she had stayed away from Kurt, who is still acting like a brainless ass with her. At least he told Jane he miss her if she was gone. I guess that's something.....maybe. He has a long way to go.

The case was confusing and I found myself saying "what?" quite a lot. In the end I had knew the team would bid on Kurt and was not at all surprised that Nas went along with that. BTW, I always love how Kurt is able to escape.

And the knife! Sneaky way to get it back into evidence but apparently it seems to have worked. I was a little surprised that Reade sent his friend out of town but I suppose he felt he had to. I have mixed feelings on this.

Oh and I almost forgot to comment on the guy (can't remember his name) who was with Kurt and Jane on the op - loved his version of events. Talk about visions of grandeur!

I didn't need to know the sex of Allie's baby and I'm sure Jane didn't either.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Clive is one hilarious guy he made Kurt seem so dorky and Jane so helpless and did you see that top she was wearing?!

Is it bad of me that I wish Weitz buries Nas? Or that I wish she was choked to death? Too bad Jane saved her. Yeah okay sorry, not sorry

Kurt is an idiot. Idk how I feel about him anymore. Idk if he can redeem himself in my eyes anymore

I'm glad he told Jane he would miss her. Idk if he even sees Jane that way anymore. It's clear Jane still sees him that way. Poor Jane

I wonder why no one else sees that crap of a relationship between Nas and Kurt.

I felt so sorry for Jane when they were talking about the cake and shower. Like what the heck. I agree Sue. So not needed for anybody.

Interesting way to get the knife back in. I think Reade felt obligated to Help Freddy because he brought that all back into Freddy's life. Maybe he feels if he didn't bring it up again, then Freddy wouldn't have killed the coach

Patterson was awesome as usual! Jane and Patterson are my faves atm.

OH and is the title different for anybody else??? Because it says "We Fight Death on Thick Lone Waters" but last week when it was supposed to air, it was this title that is on the thread.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I might be late to the party but I finally managed to watch the latest episode. And I really liked it.

Let me start with the Reade and Tasha storyline. I'm really a fan of it and I can't see it all going well. Is that just me? I loved that she was willing to risk her career, her freedom for Reade but I think that's the point where she should have stopped. And I'm happy that Reade didn't kill the coach. It was Eddie though and also he killed a person I feel sorry for him. For Reade to help him get away, that I liked. And still I think that's a crime as well and it'll catch up on him.

This Clive guy Okay, it was so hilarious how he made Jane and Weller look really helpless. Glad though nobody was buying it.

In general I loved that Jane and Kurt went on a mission together again. Although it didn't have a lot of outcome since they were separated really soon again. I hoped for more. The only great moment we got was him telling her that she was wrong about not being missed shall she die. Him telling her that he would miss her, that they are friends and that he really loves to have her in his life was fantastic. What I needed.

What I don't needed were all the other strange Kurt storylines... Him and Naz, it's still making me sick. I don't get him at all. And don't forget the child and Ally. Although I definitely prefer Ally and the child over Naz! What are they doing with Kurt lately? It's weird and confusing and so not normal somehow...

Naz granting Patterson full access to all her work of over many years. Wow, that was a great moment if you ask me. And still I'm not trusting her. Why now?

Weitz, yeah, this guy is annoying and an a**! Nothing more to add. Although I would love for him to come after Naz.

The end, Roman appearing at Jane's place and being all his crazy self again... Wow, I was so scared because of that message that he found... Who came this message from? I still want to know. And he wants her around to make sure that she won't be able to warn her FBI friends, I'm sure. I don't trust Roman a tiny little bit. He's dangerous and volatile.
Old 11-13-2016, 03:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Just watched the ep as well. Clive was funny, indeed!

Kurt and Nas are so cringeworthy, but I guess she won't stay past the next episode? It's just a feeling I have.

I'm worried about Jane. I'd love for her to be able to keep her brother, but with him being a bit of a crazy person... I just hope he will be there in season 2.5.

OMG, I hope Kurt won't lose Nas and Jane won't lose Roman in the next episode, and hook up out of emotional pain. That's what the CW would write right now...
Old 11-14-2016, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand Nas and Kurt. Ugh. Horrible
Old 11-15-2016, 10:01 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I was really surprised that they were able to figure out a way to keep Zapata from getting caught. I have a feeling that in the end they will both get busted. I don't know why, but I just see it coming. Especially since Reade helped the murder flee the country.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

I have this link to spoilertv Blindspot, and judging from the comments there, Martin Gero is the only one who likes Kurt and Nas.

Why he doesn't get it's a bad idea to give Kurt a baby in one episode and a new love interest in the next, I don't know.

I guess men get away with everything, even the writers think so.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:06 AM
Elite Fan

I'm with all of you on Kurt. Hate the way he's being written this season. It's so a man thing. Think about it. What if it was Jane? What if she got pregnant

by Oscar, had an affair with Kurt and began feeding real intel to Roman? I can't see how MG would think this would make Kurt a sympathetic character.

Last edited by Romantic In Denial; 11-16-2016 at 07:18 AM
Old 11-16-2016, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Idk but it's irritating and needs to be fixed. Like fast.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

I've heard that the ratings aren't very great, at least not the demo, and that it would need to be fixed pronto for them not to get cancelled?

Maybe they'll let Nas go after today, who knows. It's mid-season. Just a guess. I'm all for it (nothing against the lovely actress!)

I don't really get what adding her added to the show. Sandstorm wanted to get rid of Mayfair so Kurt could be head of the NY FBI office, but with the NSA walking in and sort of taking over you still can't see Kurt shine in the role they wrote him into. She's all over the place, present, I mean.

It's also sad they wrote it so that Jane could never date outside of Kurt, while Kurt can have every option open to him, and they do chose him having a kid here and another relationship elsewhere... They shouldn't have cornered Jane's options so much. At least in season 1 they got it right when they were both with someone else at the same-ish time. I wonder where those writers went to (and even all of that was written in a bit of a forced way).
Old 11-19-2016, 10:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

ugh!! We're still stuck with Nas

I really hope when the show comes back that Kurt's character is fixed for the rest of the season