Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2016, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1x19 "In the Comet of Us" Episode Discussion - Original date {04/25/2016}

Blindspot 1x19 "In the Comet of Us" Episode Discussion

x

THE TEAM RACES TO STOP AN ACTIVE SHOOTING ON A COLLEGE CAMPUS

When a school shooting breaks out during the investigation of a tattoo, the team splits up to take down the shooter. Mayfair (Marianne Jean-Baptiste) copes with some issues from her past. Also starring Sullivan Stapleton, Jaimie Alexander, Rob Brown, Audrey Esparza, Ashley Johnson and Ukweli Roach.

Promo

Old 04-26-2016, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jo, thanks for the thread

I just finished watching the episode and I thought it a fantastic one again! Something completely different somehow but great.

The shooting at the campus was really captivating. All of them going there on their own, I really was worried. And it combined with the flashbacks for each of them was awesome.

Tasha, I really love her as a character and I'm beyond happy that she is finally seeking help. I just wish she'd trust somebody of her team. They could help her, they would help her. I almost cried when she told the story of how her partner was shot when she was still working for the NYPD And how she wanted something in her life that she has full control over, the gambling, but lost the control when it became an addiction. I really hope this is the first step in the right direction for her.

Kurt and his father, him forgiving Kurt and not blaming him. I'm so glad that this happened because I think Kurt needed that.

Reade I felt sorry for him, too... He had a history with that coach and for him it was a good one. It's scary in what shady business he was involved and that he sexually assaulted children. That makes me furious And all these people covering for it because of the money they made with the program. Son of a bi***!!!

Jane... Yeah, what shall I say... I don't get her still. I know she explained why she is feeling that way with Oscar but it still comes out of nowhere to me. She doesn't even know if he's telling her the truth. How would she?

And the end... What are they have planned with Carter??? What are they going to do? I really have no clue.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

OMG Kris! Yes to everything you said!!

The episode was riveting and I was holding my breath I don't know how many times. The campus shooting was awful with so many killed. Reade tried so hard to save the shooter but he was too broken to listen. Kudos to Reade for what he said to the coach in the end. And what Tasha said about there being room at Rikers for everyone - a thousand times yes that all who covered for the coach get punished.

Tasha - when she said "I was in control... until I wasn't." That's when I almost cried. Her partner dying the way he did was beyond tragic and she's been carrying that burden all by herself for a long time. I also wish she would talk to her team to get their support.

I feel the same way about Jane. What's going on with her that she's looking to Oscar for support and protection instead of Kurt. I don't get it. Apparently the feelings aren't supposed to be mutual according to the last scene with his cohort. What they are up to with Carter is a mystery to me too.

Mayfair!! She wiped out her savings for the woman who betrayed her. I look at it as a betrayal because she caused her so much hurt and anguish by faking her death. I'm glad Mayfair told her to leave but still wish she hadn't given her the money. I get that she still loves her and wants to help but still..........

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 04-26-2016, 03:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

I wasn't worried about them going on their own, did you notice is always Kurt and Jane going together , i love the scene with the policeman . Tasha and Jane good teamwork of taking down first shooter. Finally Tasha said what was the reason for her gaming, it was sad story. In one way I think somewhere there is connection between Jane, Mayfair, Carter, because when Sofia said " what they've done", and that they are after them. Big question is what they've done? it must be something big, if Sofia fake her own death, and now Carter is death. Poor Reade, he didn't expected that. I like the friendship between Kurt and Reade, and alcohol in plastic cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)

Jane... Yeah, what shall I say... I don't get her still. I know she explained why she is feeling that way with Oscar but it still comes out of nowhere to me. She doesn't even know if he's telling her the truth. How would she?
I agree with that
Old 04-26-2016, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What a great episode! I finally got to watch it!

I don't understand Jane... She's turning to Oscar more and more now. I mean, yeah maybe he feels familiar to her somehow, but she still knows nothing about him or "the mission". It's like she just turned so around because she's sleeping with him. So sad.

Mayfair... Ugh. She should not have gave her all her savings! That is crazy! She betrayed her and I would have just sent her away with some money but not all that.

So sad about Tasha and her partner. I wonder if she doesn't want to get to close to her team now because of that glad she is getting help.

Yes Reade's part was so sad. I hate that kind of people and it's so sad that it does happen in real life. Glad they will bring that down.

Kurt and his dad, great scene. Sad that it had to come to this for them to make amends. What I wanna know is, where the heck is Sarah??
Old 04-27-2016, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

one of the best episodes i believe, loved the flash backs of each person

i cried when wellers dad forgave him it was soo touching and i could just see a stone fell of his chest

i dont get that suddenly jane trust this dude, hmm.... i still dont completely trust him , i think there is more there i mean they could just maybe have planted memories in her about him? who knows.

and yes what are they going to do with carter too weird i mean he is dead hmmm.......
Old 04-27-2016, 04:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Glad to hear that all of you guys thought the episode really good

Quote:
Tasha - when she said "I was in control... until I wasn't." That's when I almost cried. Her partner dying the way he did was beyond tragic and she's been carrying that burden all by herself for a long time. I also wish she would talk to her team to get their support.
Yeah, me, too. She broke my heart in that episode. It was so touching and we barely saw her like that. It's great that they address her issue now and that therewith we learn more about her past, too. We finally get some insight in the person she is when she isn't at work.
And like Jo suggested, maybe that's the reason for her not getting too close to her colleagues. I can see that being the case actually. More that than the fear to have to face consequences when they find out about her problem.

Quote:
i dont get that suddenly jane trust this dude, hmm.... i still dont completely trust him , i think there is more there i mean they could just maybe have planted memories in her about him? who knows.
Don't get me wrong here... I know that Oscar is a person that we can't trust and I actually do not. But the way this other guy was talking to him and how he could tell that Oscar was getting to close even though he wasn't supposed to be... That scared me. I'm wondering how powerful the others are that are behind all of it. What kind of 'rank' did Jane have or does Oscar have at the moment... Are they kind of marionettes as well in all of this? I somehow start to see that something isn't going according plan and right now that is Oscar (and his relationship with Jane). I see change there and I think at some point it might get really dangerous for Oscar (and for Jane and the rest of the team because of it, too)

Quote:
Mayfair... Ugh. She should not have gave her all her savings! That is crazy! She betrayed her and I would have just sent her away with some money but not all that.
Mayfair and what she did, crazy! Why do you think she did that?

Quote:
In one way I think somewhere there is connection between Jane, Mayfair, Carter, because when Sofia said " what they've done", and that they are after them. Big question is what they've done? it must be something big, if Sofia fake her own death, and now Carter is death.
Yeah, that's what I think, too... Daylight somehow being connected to the whole Jane thing but how? I can't see the connection yet and I'm wondering what pieces we are missing at the moment.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

dp.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Mayfair and what she did, crazy! Why do you think she did that?
Remember in the car, Mayfair said she still loved her? IMO she still wanted Sofia to be safe and gave her the money for that reason. She didn't want to be the one who caused her to be hurt or killed. If that happened, Mayfair's guilt would be overwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~jo♥jo~ (View Post)
I don't understand Jane... She's turning to Oscar more and more now. I mean, yeah maybe he feels familiar to her somehow, but she still knows nothing about him or "the mission". It's like she just turned so around because she's sleeping with him. So sad.

Kurt and his dad, great scene. Sad that it had to come to this for them to make amends. What I wanna know is, where the heck is Sarah??

IKR!! Sleeping together does not make Oscar trustworthy. She's doing a complete 180 and I'm worried that she will end up regretting it.

Yes, where the heck is Sarah?!?!?

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 01-17-2018, 09:44 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

yes you could definitely tell that Mayfair still loved her and felt responsible for her welfare and wanted to help her stay safe.