Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-29-2016, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Caleb ♥ Shelby [Graham/Johanna] #2 - I can't imagine a world where Caleb Haas is a terrorist.

{x}

Caleb Hass Shelby Wyatt
[Graham Rogers + Johanna Braddy]

shippers;

01. fire for a heart
02. SaraSidleStokes
03. ElenaBelle
04. Heidsdk
05. isis1948
06. jules166
07. KeepThisaSecret
08. Logan
09. broken crown
10. rishik5
11. ale-la-pazza1
12. Bronson
13. BlueDog9
14. Lozza~TheAussieChick~
15. Walt Reynolds
16. Erica001
17. baelfire24
18. Lauren Helen Graham
19. RebelQueens
20. /sheenamaria
21. Hummelchen

Last edited by Heidsdk; 08-29-2016 at 05:56 AM
Old 08-29-2016, 03:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

TFTNT!

Can I be added?

I just binge watched S1 within 3 days
And I am OBSESSED with Caleb & Shelby
They are absolutely amazing
Old 08-29-2016, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah ofcourse i will add you, and welcome welcome !!
and YES i loove their chemistry! its the best!!
ooh well done on binge watching it thats sooo cool :d
Old 08-29-2016, 01:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you for adding me!

I feel like a teenager fangirl all over again when I think about Shelby and Caleb.
I have rewatched their scenes on youtube at least 100 times and I think I have watched every fanmade video that I could find.
I feel pathetic

At least for me, they are the most convincing couple of the show.
I really hope we get to see more of them in season 2 because I feel like they still have so many things to talk about and they never really had a chance to come clean about everything that has happened after she basically stopped speaking to him at Quantico.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummelchen (View Post)
Thank you for adding me!

I feel like a teenager fangirl all over again when I think about Shelby and Caleb.
I have rewatched their scenes on youtube at least 100 times and I think I have watched every fanmade video that I could find.
I feel pathetic

At least for me, they are the most convincing couple of the show.
I really hope we get to see more of them in season 2 because I feel like they still have so many things to talk about and they never really had a chance to come clean about everything that has happened after she basically stopped speaking to him at Quantico.

I agree 100%, I never bought the whole her and Clayton thing either, I feel as though there was so much more to that then what they implied, I don't feel like She loved him, not as much as she did Caleb, I think there will be some discussions and at the very least they will be friends again.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Exactly!

I never quite believed this whole Shelby/Clayton thing. I mean he helped her at Quantico and offered her a job at his office and he even supported her when Caleb went behind her back with the whole drama with her parents, but still, I cannot imagine that she would start an affaire with him.

In the "General Discussion Thread" I posted some questions that remained open for me after the season. I'll post them here and highlight the ones that concern Shelby and Caleb. Maybe some of you guys know the answers?

Quote:
1) What happened to Miranda's son Charlie? Did he survive? Did he go to jail?

2) What happened to Alex' mother? And what was the "secret" that she never told Alex?

3) What happened to Shelby's parents? In one of the last episodes (1x19), Shelby told Alex in the FBI interrogation room that they were killed in a plane crash in Jordan while being on the run from the authorities? Was that the truth?

4) Did Shelby ever find out that Caleb went to the cult as an undercover mission? Or does she still believe he went back there on his own?

5) How did Caleb survive the withdrawal from his drug addiction?

6) What was the whole storyline about with Caleb renting a deposit box in the bank that later turned out to be the FBI headquater?

7) What was Brandon even doing at Quantico? Did his role even have a purpose?

8) Why did Shelby have an affaire with Clayton, Caleb's dad? Was it only because they were working together and she had a good connection to him after her break up with Caleb? I always expected that there was more to it, maybe she had to do some undercover investigation or something?

Thanks for your answers!
----------------------------------------------------------
ETA: Forgot some questions

9) Why did Raina leave the FBI in the present timeline?

10) What was this whole mystery about concerning Alex' time in India where she went missing for a whole year? Was that developped any further?
Old 08-30-2016, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Exactly!

I never quite believed this whole Shelby/Clayton thing. I mean he helped her at Quantico and offered her a job at his office and he even supported her when Caleb went behind her back with the whole drama with her parents, but still, I cannot imagine that she would start an affaire with him.

In the "General Discussion Thread" I posted some questions that remained open for me after the season. I'll post them here and highlight the ones that concern Shelby and Caleb. Maybe some of you guys know the answers?
Yeah I just don't think she loved him, there is more to it then that and I have my own thoughts on the Matter.. OH good Questions, Here are some of my answers, some were revealed on the show and some were based on my Personal opinion

3) What happened to Shelby's parents? In one of the last episodes (1x19), Shelby told Alex in the FBI interrogation room that they were killed in a plane crash in Jordan while being on the run from the authorities? Was that the truth?
I think that yes, it was the truth this time, I don't know exactly what happened Maybe the truth finally caught up with them and they finally got killed, but I do not think they faked their deaths this time.

4) Did Shelby ever find out that Caleb went to the cult as an undercover mission? Or does she still believe he went back there on his own?
My guess is Yes she did, I think that is a part of the reason that She is back to Loving him now, (I do think she had to have gone threw some sort of therapy as well though), I'm not sure how she found out but I think she did.

5) How did Caleb survive the withdrawal from his drug addiction?
That one is easy for me, I think it was his love for Shelby, We know they were talking to each other when Shel worked for the Terrorists (because they threatened his life) and when She came back it helped him through everything.
6) What was the whole storyline about with Caleb renting a deposit box in the bank that later turned out to be the FBI headquater? That one is a toughy but My guess is that maybe It was due to the whole "Under cover Mission" during the Quantico time line, if you'll recall not only did he use his Alias but he was also wearing his glasses and hair style for said Alias as well.

8) Why did Shelby have an affaire with Clayton, Caleb's dad? Was it only because they were working together and she had a good connection to him after her break up with Caleb? I always expected that there was more to it, maybe she had to do some undercover investigation or something?I think there is more to it then that and Honestly a part of me thinks that the whole thing was a Cover for something else, Maybe he knew things and She was using him for that information But I don't think She ever loved him the way she loved Caleb.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Wow, thank you so much for this long response!

I think we agree on quite a lot of these answers
Here are my thoughts to some of them:

3) Shelby's parents: Having them die off screen and mention that in a small sentence where half of the audience probably forgets about that seemed so anti-climatic for me. I don't know, it just didn't seem right to me, after we basically spent most of the season seeing Shelby being involved in her parents-drama and then all we get is one single sentence, "Oh by the way, they are dead". I wish we could have gotten more. Seeing her grieve or tell Caleb about it etc.
And did Clayton maybe help her take them down? I am sure she must be sad about their death. I mean she wanted to bring them to justice and put them in jail, but she sure as hell didn't want to kill them.
I hope we get to hear more about this in season 2, because for me the whole situation seemed unresolved.

4) I was so confused when I heard that in the present time line, Shelby and Caleb were talking to each other on the phone again. I mean in the Quantico time line they hated each other at the end, at the Grand Central time line he hated her too, because he found out that she was having an affair with his dad. And then in the last time line they were friends all of a sudden? What happened in the meantime? And if they were in contact (he called her when Alex helped him "escape" from his mother's house), why didn't she try to help him with his drug addiction? I hope we get an explanation in season 2 as to why they started having contact again.

6) So the deposit box was just another red herring? We were supposed to believe that Caleb had something to do with the bombings, but in fact it was just pure coincidence that the bank where he rented a deposit box and the command center of the FBI after Grand Central happened to be in the same building?
Okay, I know this show doesn't really stick to logic all the time, but this is ridiculous

8) Yeah, I'm glad that some people agree with me and think that there is more to the Shelby/Clayton/Caleb storyline. I mean I get why Shelby might have liked Clayton as a friend (he helped her with her parents' stuff when Caleb basically went behind her back) BUT I don't understand why she would start an affair with him. From the Shelby that we got to know at Quantico, I would have NEVER expected this. It is completely out of character. Even if she had developped some feelings for Clayton, she would have NEVER given in to her feelings for him. No matter how much she hated Caleb at that point, she would have never done THIS to him.
At least this is my opinion.
So either, there really is more to the affair and we find out about it in season 2, or the writers did a terrible job with writing Shelby's character development, just for the sake of creating a cheesy and stereotypical father-son-love-triangle-drama-cliché.

Sorry for my rant.

I just think that there were quite a lot of unanswered questions at the end of season 1.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Wow, thank you so much for this long response!
I am a huge Shaleb Shipper so I can definetly see how we agree on so much, so You are welcome.

3) Shelby's parents: Having them die off screen and mention that in a small sentence where half of the audience probably forgets about that seemed so anti-climatic for me. I don't know, it just didn't seem right to me, after we basically spent most of the season seeing Shelby being involved in her parents-drama and then all we get is one single sentence, "Oh by the way, they are dead". I wish we could have gotten more. Seeing her grieve or tell Caleb about it etc.

And did Clayton maybe help her take them down? I am sure she must be sad about their death. I mean she wanted to bring them to justice and put them in jail, but she sure as hell didn't want to kill them.
I hope we get to hear more about this in season 2, because for me the whole situation seemed unresolved.

4) I was so confused when I heard that in the present time line, Shelby and Caleb were talking to each other on the phone again. I mean in the Quantico time line they hated each other at the end, at the Grand Central time line he hated her too, because he found out that she was having an affair with his dad. And then in the last time line they were friends all of a sudden? What happened in the meantime? And if they were in contact (he called her when Alex helped him "escape" from his mother's house), why didn't she try to help him with his drug addiction? I hope we get an explanation in season 2 as to why they started having contact again.

6) So the deposit box was just another red herring? We were supposed to believe that Caleb had something to do with the bombings, but in fact it was just pure coincidence that the bank where he rented a deposit box and the command center of the FBI after Grand Central happened to be in the same building?
Okay, I know this show doesn't really stick to logic all the time, but this is ridiculous

8) Yeah, I'm glad that some people agree with me and think that there is more to the Shelby/Clayton/Caleb storyline. I mean I get why Shelby might have liked Clayton as a friend (he helped her with her parents' stuff when Caleb basically went behind her back) BUT I don't understand why she would start an affair with him. From the Shelby that we got to know at Quantico, I would have NEVER expected this. It is completely out of character. Even if she had developped some feelings for Clayton, she would have NEVER given in to her feelings for him. No matter how much she hated Caleb at that point, she would have never done THIS to him.
At least this is my opinion.
So either, there really is more to the affair and we find out about it in season 2, or the writers did a terrible job with writing Shelby's character development, just for the sake of creating a cheesy and stereotypical father-son-love-triangle-drama-cliché.

Sorry for my rant.

I just think that there were quite a lot of unanswered questions at the end of season 1.
3. I agree completely!! it made me angry that all we saw was one little line, I feel like a lot of the things that happened was off screen, I would love a few flash backs to what happened during that time but I doubt that it will actually be the case. I don't think that Clayton took them down, I think that Maybe it was whoever they were working for before, I have this feeling they were involved in Sistemics somehow I just am not sure how, and we do know from what Caleb Has said that Sistemics is Dangerous.

4. I believe there is an reasonable explanation that, I think that where as They were speaking to each other, I don't think it went beyond just talking on the phone,and The fact that they no longer hate each other, simply stems from the fact that their lives were threatened and this made them realize they never stopped loving each other (We know that the Terrorist, AKA Liam had threatened Caleb's life that is why Shelby had been the Driver that took the phone from Alex, But I also think that maybe Liam Had also threatened Shelby's life as well,basically told Caleb the same thing he told Shelby, Said He'd Kill her if He didn't do what they wanted.

6. Yeah, it agree , It annoyed me as well!!, but Yeah do believe it was just a Red Herring.

8. I do have quite a few head cannons, Not many that can actually work on the actual show LOL But I do think their "affair" was a cover for something else, Maybe something to do with her parents, or the like, at any rate I don't think she ever loved him at all. (I think that is also why they killed Clayton off He was expendable)
Old 09-01-2016, 01:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

At least I know that I am not alone with all of these frustrating questions.

But knowing our luck, we will never get an answer to most of them in season 2.

However, I think we deserve an explanation for Shelby's parents death. I mean we had to go all this parental drama for almost half a season, and then we get one single sentence: "They were killed in a plane crash in Jordan while being on the run from the authorities"? That's all??? Very unsatisfying.

And as much as I still hope that we will get to know that there was more to the affair between Shelby and Clayton (e.g. some undercover work), I guess the writers will simply forget about that and next season they'll pretend it never happened.
I could imagine that the writers really just used the affair to create a cheesy father-son-girlfriend drama that was super far fetched and soapy just to shock the viewers and put obstacles in Shaleb's way.

However, I am not giving up hope that all of the open questions will be addressed in the upcoming season. Let's just hope that the producers are giving us this Caleb-uncertainty on purpose
Old 09-01-2016, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
At least I know that I am not alone with all of these frustrating questions.

But knowing our luck, we will never get an answer to most of them in season 2.

However, I think we deserve an explanation for Shelby's parents death. I mean we had to go all this parental drama for almost half a season, and then we get one single sentence: "They were killed in a plane crash in Jordan while being on the run from the authorities"? That's all??? Very unsatisfying.

And as much as I still hope that we will get to know that there was more to the affair between Shelby and Clayton (e.g. some undercover work), I guess the writers will simply forget about that and next season they'll pretend it never happened.
I could imagine that the writers really just used the affair to create a cheesy father-son-girlfriend drama that was super far fetched and soapy just to shock the viewers and put obstacles in Shaleb's way.

However, I am not giving up hope that all of the open questions will be addressed in the upcoming season. Let's just hope that the producers are giving us this Caleb-uncertainty on purpose

No you're not alone, My Frustration is why I Role play Shelby at a Role Play site because I wanted answers and since we never got any I made my own answers (mainly due to head cannons) I agree though I don't think we'll get much in Season two by way of answers.
I agree!! I mean not only was it frustrating because we never got an actual answer after all the drama had happened but also it was fishy to me, Like they die in almost the same way they lied about dying. Why?? I don't think it was a coincidence so why can't they explain it more and will we get more explanations?
I agree though, I think that maybe they had always had the whole Affair in mind but what they didn't bank on was us loving Shaleb so much, I think the Writers had wanted Ryan and Alex to be their Break out Hit Couple but that is not what happened, I also think us Fans are why They killed him off, I don't think that was their intention.
YOU KNOW I was thinking that maybe there is some big secret as to why they haven't mentioned Caleb on the show, Now the Shaleb shipper in me is wishing that is something like them being "married" or something like it but the reality is if there is a "secret" it could be something huge that has to do with him and Alex taking down his Mom
Old 09-03-2016, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

so okay just read it all here, uhm yeah i need an explanation aswell for the affair, it could very well have been some undercover thing, but since calebs dad is now dead, i dont really think we will get an explanation for that, undfortunatly which annoys me a bit.

And yeah the sentence parents dead i was like, oh that was it, no explanation really or anything? hmm---- was weird to me.

aaaand it could be cool that they havent mentioned caleb cause he has some big secret, and wont post much about graham either, and thats why he is quiet on twitter aswell?
Old 09-04-2016, 02:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSidleStokes (View Post)
I agree!! I mean not only was it frustrating because we never got an actual answer after all the drama had happened but also it was fishy to me, Like they die in almost the same way they lied about dying. Why?? I don't think it was a coincidence so why can't they explain it more and will we get more explanations?
I agree though, I think that maybe they had always had the whole Affair in mind but what they didn't bank on was us loving Shaleb so much, I think the Writers had wanted Ryan and Alex to be their Break out Hit Couple but that is not what happened, I also think us Fans are why They killed him off, I don't think that was their intention.
YOU KNOW I was thinking that maybe there is some big secret as to why they haven't mentioned Caleb on the show, Now the Shaleb shipper in me is wishing that is something like them being "married" or something like it but the reality is if there is a "secret" it could be something huge that has to do with him and Alex taking down his Mom
Yeah, I think what angers me the most from all of these open questions is the parents storyline. You are right. In the end, they basically died in exactly the same way that they supposedly died 15 years. Isn't that a little bit suspicious?
And I just rewatched the scene from 1x19. Shelby says: "They died 5 month ago in a plane crash in Jordan" That means that they died BEFORE the events of the first bombing at Grand Central. And that also means that Clayton was still alive at that point! So maybe he did help her bring her parents to justice, or at least track them down, like he promised her back at Quantico. And as much as Shelby might have wanted some sort of revenge on her parents, I guess she would still be sad about their deaths, right?
Maybe in these dark times, she found comfort with Clayton, and this is how the whole affair started? What do you guys think?

I agree, I think the producers didn't expect that Shelby and Caleb would turn into such a popular ship. I think they always intended for Alex and Ryan to be the main ship of the show. Don't get me wrong, I like Alex and Ryan, but I have the impression that Shelby + Caleb are just as popular?
Or am I dellusional?
Let's just hope that they'll recognize the popularity of Shaleb in season 2!
Old 09-04-2016, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

see that could be possible, thats it was that, that brought them close huh, never thought of that, it would be very interesting do we know if Caleb knows the reason or how they ended up together?

and you are not dellusial , i think caleb and shelby are maybe more popular than alex and ryan
Old 09-04-2016, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I think what angers me the most from all of these open questions is the parents storyline. You are right. In the end, they basically died in exactly the same way that they supposedly died 15 years. Isn't that a little bit suspicious?
And I just rewatched the scene from 1x19. Shelby says: "They died 5 month ago in a plane crash in Jordan" That means that they died BEFORE the events of the first bombing at Grand Central. And that also means that Clayton was still alive at that point! So maybe he did help her bring her parents to justice, or at least track them down, like he promised her back at Quantico. And as much as Shelby might have wanted some sort of revenge on her parents, I guess she would still be sad about their deaths, right?
Maybe in these dark times, she found comfort with Clayton, and this is how the whole affair started? What do you guys think?

I agree, I think the producers didn't expect that Shelby and Caleb would turn into such a popular ship. I think they always intended for Alex and Ryan to be the main ship of the show. Don't get me wrong, I like Alex and Ryan, but I have the impression that Shelby + Caleb are just as popular?
Or am I dellusional?
Let's just hope that they'll recognize the popularity of Shaleb in season 2!
Same here!! I mean she was so mad at them when she found out they lied to her, that they were trying to take her money, so much so she lashed out about everyone who cared about her, so to not know what happened annoys me, I WANT to believe she was sad when they died but a part of me thinks that maybe she had a hand in their deaths. OH WOW I didn't think about that but it would make sense, I mean the last time her Parents had upset her she had Caleb and the second time around she didn't have him so she turned to the person she was close to him which had just so happened to be Caleb's dad, I guess we'll never find out though.

I agree completely!! I think they had every intention of having Alex and Ryan be the main ship but then they did Shaleb and well here we are, They can't turn back now because they Are the more popular ship (and No I don't think You are delusional at all)