Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2016, 03:16 AM
Elite Fan

Board Customisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 06-16-2016, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMFG!!! How cool is that? I can't wait to discuss the color schemes with you!

What are you suggestions/wishes, Heidi? Color wise I mean? What do you think fits the show?
Old 06-16-2016, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

how about taking some of the color they use alot like blue black yellow/goldish?
Old 06-16-2016, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Heidi, I'll think about it at the weekend because right now I'm way too tired

But I like the bluish colors I was thinking about something bluish as well but I wouldn't just like blue but something else as well... Maybe gold, yes. But I just would like to have a look at some Quantico stuff and see what it looks like
Old 06-16-2016, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah we can talk about it in the weekend
Old 06-17-2016, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, about the color schemes, I had a look yesterday and I really like the idea of blue and yellow/gold It would represent the FBI outfit and caps... Like in this picture:

http://i.ndtvimg.com/i/2015-10/quant...1444016725.jpg

I although could imagine a mixture of these colors... Maybe not as dark of course because I really want a light background to write on. Everything too dark is hard for the eye. What do you think?

http://images.buddytv.com/articles/p...er-are-you.jpg
Old 06-18-2016, 06:43 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

GT avoids using dark backgrounds so that's not something to worry about.

Do you have a list of characters that should be in the banner as well as pictures?
Old 06-18-2016, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's pretty cool, Mel. I normally know that you don't use dark colors I just wanted to make sure.

Here's a list of the names of the people that should be in the banner IMO:
- Alex Picture One Picture Two Picture Three
- Nimah/Raina Picture One Picture Two
- Miranda Picture One Picture Two
- Shelby Picture One Picture Two
- Caleb Picture One Picture Two
- Liam Picture One
- Ryan Picture One Picture Two
- Simon Picture One Picture Two

That's the people that are a 'must' for me
Old 06-18-2016, 12:34 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Should they be in a particular order? Or certain characters next to each other or which ones are more important?
Old 06-19-2016, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i dont know really..

like alex and ryan up front?
and then liam and simon in the back and then just put the others in there ?

i soo cant visualise it right now how it should be with the order :/
Old 06-19-2016, 01:04 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe there is no order of importance then if you cannot think of anything? Are there any other character connections which are important in the show other than Alex and Ryan?

Since Liam and Simon are only in the first season (presumably) do you still want to include them? You may/hopefully have this customisation for a number of seasons and including characters (who are presumably) no longer in the show may make it seem outdated .

Should Nimah/Raina be included twice or is once enough for the characters?
Old 06-19-2016, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think Alex should be in the front, without Ryan because she's the main character and she had to stand on her own for so long... Ryan next to her, yes. Maybe Shelby and Caleb could be next to each other.

I'd include Simon and Liam... Right now we don't know how the show might continue...

Raina and Nimah, I would love to have both in the banner.

And I'm still not sure about Will and this other girl who's name I don't recall... Shall we include them? There aren't even promo pictures...
Old 06-19-2016, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i dont think we should include will and iris

and i think liam and simon should be in the banner aswell

and yeh so alex infront, then ryan and miranda next to each other
then caleb and shelby next to each other and the nima and raina, and then liam and simon? does it makes sence?
Old 06-19-2016, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think we could have an order with kinda couples, I'd think of (I'm watching the second half of the season right now...) :
- Alex next to Ryan and front (they're the main for me, I don't know if you agree)
- Nimah/Raina next to Simon
- Miranda next to Liam
- Shelby next to Caleb

Do we count Raina/Nimah as two or as one?

Having from left to right (back to front): Miranda/Liam/Nimah/Simon/Raina/Shelby/Caleb/Ryan/Alex or Miranda/Liam could be brought more front too but they'd be right before Raina so something like that Nimah/Simon/Raina/Miranda/Liam/Shelby/Caleb/Ryan/Alex

and if we'd go with Alex in the middle and front, I'd think of Nimah/Simon/Raina/Miranda/Alex/Ryan/Liam/Shelby/Caleb or Nimah/Simon/Raina/Miranda/Alex/Liam/Ryan/Shelby/Caleb

I don't know what do you guys think?

For color, we could use lighter version of this ?

Last edited by That's My Girl; 06-19-2016 at 07:20 AM
Old 06-19-2016, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really wouldn't put a couple in the front together. Not everybody ships Alex with Ryan. I would put Alex to the front and next to her a bit in the back Ryan.

I'm not a fan of all being always couple related because it's a crime show... It's not just about these couples. I would like a neutral one which doesn't say we can't put them next to each other... I'm just not a big fan of making it all about the relationships because the show is more and the individual characters are more.

I honestly would like for Simon to be next to Alex because they were the two people who were working together from the start, who had this bond and who were most important to the terrorist storyline IMO... Their connection was unique. A great friendship.

Liam - Raina - Shelby - Simon - Alex - Ryan - Caleb - Nimah - Miranda

What about Iris and Will?