Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-26-2015, 01:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Add me!
I love the twins. I am just sad and really disappointed that they sort of neglected Raina since the reveal just because she not as westernized as Nimah.

Hopefully that changes soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelHopper (View Post)
Hopefully, they don't kill off Raina. It would be a big loss.
For sure!
They are getting tons of praise for actually showing a strong and beautiful woman with a hijab on TV. They then went out of their way to differentiate one twin from the other showing us there two types of Muslims which is true. If they then become stereotypical TV show by offing the Hijab wearing twin then they lose that audience

Last edited by SiredToDamon; 12-26-2015 at 01:10 PM
Old 12-26-2015, 11:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiredToDamon (View Post)
Add me!
I love the twins. I am just sad and really disappointed that they sort of neglected Raina since the reveal just because she not as westernized as Nimah.

Hopefully that changes soon.

For sure!
They are getting tons of praise for actually showing a strong and beautiful woman with a hijab on TV. They then went out of their way to differentiate one twin from the other showing us there two types of Muslims which is true. If they then become stereotypical TV show by offing the Hijab wearing twin then they lose that audience
I 100% agree! That's why I don't think they would kill her off b/c of the attention they're receiving for the 2 characters and depicting Raina in the hijab. I think the twins have so much more to offer both as individuals and together as a unit on this show. Time to add more Raina to the show again.
Old 12-27-2015, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
For sure!
i agree i think they would loose some viewers to it hink its cool they have both sides, if you can say it like that
Old 12-27-2015, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

SiredToDamon, I've added you. Welcome.

I really don't see them killing her off or either of them. I think they probably have something bigger planned for Raina, maybe that's why we are not seeing her as much.
I wish we would get maybe "flashbacks" of the beginning of this assignment and everything.

mia toretto brian o'conner
lex luthor lana lang | jordan ♥ t.c.
clary fray ♥ jace herondale | jax ♥ tara
haylie | icon | LJ | tumblr
Old 12-27-2015, 08:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

I have noticed they aren't showing as much of Raina, and I do hope that changes soon.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 12-27-2015, 09:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for adding me.

I think not only do they need to show more Raina but also give us more background on the twins. The rest I already know more than I need to know during season 1 of a show. The twins, I know nothing about so far.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think not only do they need to show more Raina but also give us more background on the twins. The rest I already know more than I need to know during season 1 of a show. The twins, I know nothing about so far.
Yep I agree! They should show more of their background-family, home life, and how they evolved as undercover FBI agents after the academy.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thanks for adding me.

that is actually very true, what exactly do we know about them ?
absolutely nothing, other than they are twins
nothing of a backstory other than Miranda hired them to see if they could pull it off probably to be used in the futere for assignments, i think its genious actually, BUT i would like to know HOW they were recruited
Old 12-28-2015, 04:25 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree. We need to know how they were recruited. Were there other Muslim twins that were also assessed for the job or were they the only ones? I think answering this should be their first priority.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think the fact that they are Muslim were the reason why they were recruited just the fact that they were twins.

April
Old 12-29-2015, 02:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Didn't they say that Nimah wanted to get in, but they didn't want her separately and Miranda decided to take them only if they both came and pretended to be one? That's what I remember at least. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnie75 (View Post)
Didn't they say that Nimah wanted to get in, but they didn't want her separately and Miranda decided to take them only if they both came and pretended to be one? That's what I remember at least. Correct me if I'm wrong.
That sounds about right. I don't think Raina had wanted to join.

April
Old 12-29-2015, 04:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnie75 (View Post)
Yeah. Sorry. I think you are right. So, why did Raina agree to it?
Old 12-29-2015, 08:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yeah. Sorry. I think you are right. So, why did Raina agree to it?
Good question. Another thing they could fill us in on. Maybe b/c she knew how much Nimah wanted it, and she didn't want to let her down. Support her sister.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome, SiredToDamon Am I allowed to ask you for your name because that user name of yours is extremely long I'm Kris

Quote:
Yes, that's how it happened At least by what Miranda was telling us and what we could guess out of the talks the twins had.

Besides, I as well don't think that they'll kill either of them. I think Raina is very special in some way as well and I think the reason why we haven't gotten that much of her so far is because she has another purpose later one still I can't put a finger on it but she seems extremely mysterious... You can never tell what she's thinking, how she is feeling. She experiences so much rejection, always staying in the shadow of her sister. I think it'll be interesting to see where it led her. I don't trust her somehow and don't ask me why. In the present I mean. She seems kind of dangerous to me.

Quote:
Good question. Another thing they could fill us in on. Maybe b/c she knew how much Nimah wanted it, and she didn't want to let her down. Support her sister.
That's the reason I see as well... She always was the one I think better responding to the norms their parents put into them. She would have done everything for her family and I think that's why in the end she joined the academy, just for her sister, never for herself.