Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2016, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

That's my favourite Rumbelle FA, it's so adorable!!!!!!!

RoseBennett
Old 04-03-2016, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

mine too and we have such amazing art in this fandom

Reunion Rumbelle tonight

Old 04-03-2016, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Yay!

I love that fanart

icon by me
Old 04-03-2016, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

Finally!

RoseBennett
Old 04-04-2016, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

That is a great gif

And yes complete rollercoaster for Belle and for us. I'm so glad that he was truthful with Belle, I've been waiting for a conversation like this for ages and nothing his held back, she knows it all.

I can understand Belle wanting a step back, that is a big angst bomb he dropped, but she knows who he is, always was really. No just get all the info in your head Belle process it and then take the next journey with him

Old 04-04-2016, 07:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)

I can understand Belle wanting a step back, that is a big angst bomb he dropped, but she knows who he is, always was really. No just get all the info in your head Belle process it and then take the next journey with him
I agree. I get that some are upset that she didn't just jump into Rumple's arms and take him back immediately but that wouldn't have been believable.

That was a lot to take in all at once. Plus she was holding a baby that needed to get back to its father.

But Belle married the DO, said she loved all the parts of him even the dark parts, and said she knew what she was getting when she married him and wasn't going to pull back until he lied.

Plus Belle actually turned her back on Rumple in 5A when he was a pure-hearted hero. Maybe subconsciously she made that decision because she knew that wasn't who Rumple truly was?

I think all of that will come into play next episode.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

I think Belle not being happy about it is completely understandable, considering there is a lot of broken trust between them.
It's easier to get over said broken trust with Rumple being a simple man who can't be tempted constantly by the DO. It's more difficult when he has the DO powers again. He needs to show her she can still trust him to be a good man with the power, which he's already trying to do by telling her all the truth

RoseBennett
Old 04-04-2016, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

indeed, with all that has happened between them in S4, Belle unstandably is taking a step back, just to process everything. As Belle said, Rumple has now got to fix it and show her

and oh the parallels

source

Old 04-04-2016, 03:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Lovely gifset Tracy! Each one of those moments is beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
I think Belle not being happy about it is completely understandable, considering there is a lot of broken trust between them.
It's easier to get over said broken trust with Rumple being a simple man who can't be tempted constantly by the DO. It's more difficult when he has the DO powers again. He needs to show her she can still trust him to be a good man with the power, which he's already trying to do by telling her all the truth
Very much agree that Rumple still has a ways to go to prove to Belle that she can trust him. He definitely needs to earn that trust back.

And being so honest is a HUGE step in the right direction even if it was hard for Belle to take in.

I'm just glad things have shifted for Rumple in terms of no longer trying to earn Belle's love anymore or thinking no matter what he will never be worthy. Now he is focused on earning her trust and believing in the love they already share. IMO you can't really "earn" love. That just happens and true love happened for Rumbelle while he was the DO. Trust of course is a different matter and can be earned or broken.

I agree that Belle thought Rumple no longer being the DO was the answer...but even then and after he proved himself a pure-hearted hero she still left him. I was very confused by her doing that, but now I think it might be revealed that she did that because deep down she knew that Rumple wasn't being his true self and therefore she couldn't trust him.

I think Rumple is right that if Belle really examines her feelings she will realize she always loved Rumple just as he is, the Dark One. It was the trust issue and him not believing in himself or their love that was the problem, but now those are no longer issues.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
And yes complete rollercoaster for Belle and for us. I'm so glad that he was truthful with Belle, I've been waiting for a conversation like this for ages and nothing his held back, she knows it all.
Yes this. I am glad he didn't hide it from her. I know some people may be upset by her reaction, but it is totally understandable. She will come back to him.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:55 AM
Master Fan

The parallels

Totally agree with you koodles And I'll add one thing. It is extra-important that she remembers she loved all parts of him, and not an idea of the man she wants. Because when that happened in S4, because he was lying constantly and only let her see what she wanted to see, it ended up catastrophically.

I think that's another reason he was so truthful, because he knows if she ignores his bad side, he'll only give him an excuse to lie to her for "her own good".

RoseBennett
Old 04-05-2016, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stephie* (View Post)
Yes this. I am glad he didn't hide it from her. I know some people may be upset by her reaction, but it is totally understandable. She will come back to him.
That she will Stephie

source

Old 04-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

The way they were looking at each other in that scene was so loving and sweet.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

those 3 seconds of happiness were totally worth it

RoseBennett
Old 04-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Sure was, for us and for them

Closed Thread   Post New Thread