Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2018, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
I think so too..I think his sacrifice will come at the end of the season...,
This is my thinking too. It certainly seems to be heading that way...

^Nice gif set!

Last edited by Meliana; 01-02-2018 at 01:00 PM
Old 01-02-2018, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

Even though I’ll cry like a baby when Rumple dies, I won’t be unhappy because I don’t think it’s a tragedy (that’s how I felt about Belle as well). He’s lived for 400 years and he’s now been apart from Belle for a decade (sob). He’s ready to move on, as Adam and Eddy have often said, and to me his embracing of his mortality is a beautiful and significant step.

I’m not sure if he’ll die making a sacrifice or if he’ll go out in a quieter fashion. Personally I don’t think he needs to make a sacrifice at this point - and to me it makes more sense for him to realize that he’s the Guardian, after which the dagger will have lost its power over him and anyone else. I think it’s vital that Rumple realizes that he’s the Guardian - to me, that’s the natural conclusion to his arc.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think the dagger becomes powerless just because Rumple realizes he's the Guardian. I think he's going to face a similar situation to the one in 3x11, where the only way to defeat the villain is if he dies too. But he's still the DO, and he'd die as the DO, thus he would never be reunited with Belle (Or so he thinks). He'd still make that sacrifice simply because it's the right thing to do, and that completely selfless act would break his curse, and that's when he realizes he was the Guardian all along. Or maybe Belle explains everything to him when they reunite, because of course she would know.

icon by me

Last edited by Seamstress90; 01-02-2018 at 01:56 PM
Old 01-02-2018, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Yeah I think the dagger will go once he does an act that will disable the dagger.

I am hoping he gets more clues about the Guardian as the eppys go on , thinking that he clues point to a person but also the same clues would point to him as well..

Old 01-02-2018, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

I don't know, if that's all it took, why didn't his completely selfless act break the curse in 3x11 instead of sending him to the UW, where he was tortured?

I just don't know if I love the idea of Rumple NEEDING to sacrifice his life again.......to me, his living as a good man, living without using dark magic (after choosing love over power), for 60 years should be the primary reason why he gets to be with Belle in the Afterlife . I'm not OPPOSED to him making a sacrifice, I just kind of think it's the easy way out - and would be done for dramatic purposes.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Rumple's sacrifice in 3x11 was heroic but not completely selfless. He was seeking his son's forgiveness, and I think he also wanted revenge on Pan. It can also be argued that killing someone is selfish even if it's to protect/save someone (for example, Emma's heart darkened a bit when she killed Cruella to save Henry). This time Rumple's not seeking revenge or anyone's forgiveness (And maybe he doesn't even have to kill anyone else in the process (at least not directly)). He'd do it simply because it's the right thing to do, believing that he will never be reunited with Belle because he didn't find the Guardian (In a way it would parallel the sacrifice he made for Alice).. Only to find out that he was wrong and he was the Guardian all along.

Rumple is one of the most significant characters of OUAT and he's been in the show since the first episode. His redemption arc is the longest. When he exits the show, he'll definitely do it with style, especially if he's going to die. It's going to be huge. And so emotional..

icon by me
Old 01-02-2018, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Rumple's sacrifice in 3x11 was heroic but not completely selfless. He was seeking his son's forgiveness, and I think he also wanted revenge on Pan. It can also be argued that killing someone is selfish even if it's to protect/save someone (for example, Emma's heart darkened a bit when she killed Cruella to save Henry). This time Rumple's not seeking revenge or anyone's forgiveness (And maybe he doesn't even have to kill anyone else in the process (at least not directly)). He'd do it simply because it's the right thing to do, believing that he will never be reunited with Belle because he didn't find the Guardian (In a way it would parallel the sacrifice he made for Alice).. Only to find out that he was wrong and he was the Guardian all along.

Rumple is one of the most significant characters of OUAT and he's been in the show since the first episode. His redemption arc is the longest. When he exits the show, he'll definitely do it with style, especially if he's going to die. It's going to be huge. And so emotional..
I'm not sure I agree that 3x11 wasn't completely selfish - but then I think that sometimes killing is necessary (in self-defense, in order to protect people), so.... I also don't think Rumple killed Pan in part to enact revenge; I honestly think his motives were pure there.

That said, I can't disagree at all with your other points.......plus, to be fair, while the way I had suggested might be "nice", it's NOT dramatically interesting. I wouldn't be unhappy, lol, for Rumple to go out a hero.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)

that it will

Old 01-03-2018, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope whatever happens it will be a epic moment.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Me too

icon by me
Old 01-03-2018, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

it has to be , it's Rumple

Old 01-03-2018, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

Agreed..and then, of course, give us an EPIC Rumbelle reunion.......I kind of hope that Rumple's last episode is his centric so he can get the screen time he deserves, the exit he deserves and the reunion with Belle he/she deserve
Old 01-04-2018, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

agreed..

Old 01-04-2018, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

Yep

icon by me
Old 01-04-2018, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Robert Carlyle - Once Upon a Time (2011 - )

From Rumple to Weaver
source

Closed Thread   Post New Thread