Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2017, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

Here's some stuff about our cop duo..

Quote:
HOOK AND RUMPLE, BUDDY COPS? | Yes, that was Hook’s new persona looking at Rumple’s with a bit of giddy admiration. “To Rogers, Weaver is an esteemed detective to look up to and aspire to,” Horowitz told TVLine. “When you see his look at the end, it’s kind of starry-eyed. Like, ‘I’m partnered with this guy, this is going to be cool!'” This unlikely alliance wasn’t happenstance, however. “As the season goes on, it seems to be that Weaver picked Rogers for a reason,” Kitsis teased, adding: “We’re telling everyone’s favorite Disney fairy tale — Serpico.”

“We’ve just scratched the surface with Weaver,” said Horowitz. Having first been glimpsed in the premiere torturing someone, “You see that he’s kind of straddling worlds in Hyperion Heights, but there are a lot more secrets to be revealed.”
Sounds ominous to me... And that Serpico thing better be a joke! Hook admiring Rumple is kinda cute, though

And there's this too:

Quote:
‘HAPPY BEGINNINGS’ ENDED?! | Though Hook and Rumple for example are without Emma and Belle in this cursed existence, fans shouldn’t mourn the happy beginnings they worked six seasons toward. “It’s a show about hope, so to take away happy endings would be hateful,” Kitsis said. “It’d be mean.” Rather, Episodes 2 and 4, for which Jennifer Morrison and Emilie de Ravin respectively returned, will shed light on where things stand with each pairing.
X

icon by me
Old 10-09-2017, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Oooo and yes we need to shed the light, good light!

Oh blimey Serpico, let's not and I love that Rogers has gone starry eyed for Weaver

Old 10-09-2017, 12:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Oooo and yes we need to shed the light, good light!

Oh blimey Serpico, let's not and I love that Rogers has gone starry eyed for Weaver
I never saw Serpico so I had to look it up and it could be that Rumple and Hook are working together against corruption or both are undercover, or Rumple is and knowing Hook is known as eagle scout, thinks he is the only one he can trust. I could be wrong though.

I really want to slap Adam and Eddie for doing corrupt cops in a time when cops are getting killed and people think all cops are corrupt instead of a few cops being corrupt. My dad was a cop and I grew up with cops and it pisses me off to no end when they are tainted by association!
The second interview sounds better. I just want Rumbelle to not be broken up or for Belle to be dead! I want Rumple to be helping Henry and that is why he is there, doing good for his grandson! I definitely want to see Rumple bonding with Henry and Lucy!
Old 10-09-2017, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Yeah would love some more Henry/Rumple scenes...and of course Rumple/Lucy

I'm hoping both cops aren't corrupt, it just looks like it from the outside..

Old 10-09-2017, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

Knowing A&E, Weaver will probably turn out to be a corrupt cop and Rogers is the good cop fighting him

From the 7.02 press release:

Quote:
“A Pirate’s Life” – When Henry finds himself in trouble, he calls upon his Storybrooke family for help, and together they set off on a mission to find Cinderella. Along the way, Hook is confronted by an unexpected foe who threatens the group’s success. In Hyperion Heights, Jacinda searches for a way to see Lucy with some unwelcome assistance from Henry, while Victoria Belfrey enlists the help of Gold and Weaver to push Henry out of the neighborhood, on “Once Upon a Time,” FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13 (8:00–9:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.
Source

"Victoria Belfrey enlists the help of Gold and Weaver". Huh? That must mean Rogers and Weaver. The cop duo gets their first job.

It seems that Rumple wants to separate Henry and Jacinda/Cinderella 2 because "it's not his story", so I have a wild theory: EF2 is in the past, and Henry getting involved with things there might affect the events of the first book, even though they happened in another realm. He might be even threatening the existence of the Gold family and, more importantly, Gideon. I think Alice, as a portal jumper, is the link between the two books and worlds. Maybe she visited the Dark Castle in the past, and that visit both had something to do with Cinderella 2 and was crucial to Rumple and Belle's relationship. Maybe Henry is, unknowingly, preventing that meeting (and Rumbelle) from happening?

So basically, Rumple would be doing what he's doing for the sake of his son (and wife). Again.

icon by me
Old 10-09-2017, 05:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Knowing A&E, Weaver will probably turn out to be a corrupt cop and Rogers is the good cop fighting him

From the 7.02 press release:

Source

"Victoria Belfrey enlists the help of Gold and Weaver". Huh? That must mean Rogers and Weaver. The cop duo gets their first job.

It seems that Rumple wants to separate Henry and Jacinda/Cinderella 2 because "it's not his story", so I have a wild theory: EF2 is in the past, and Henry getting involved with things there might affect the events of the first book, even though they happened in another realm. He might be even threatening the existence of the Gold family and, more importantly, Gideon. I think Alice, as a portal jumper, is the link between the two books and worlds. Maybe she visited the Dark Castle in the past, and that visit both had something to do with Cinderella 2 and was crucial to Rumple and Belle's relationship. Maybe Henry is, unknowingly, preventing that meeting (and Rumbelle) from happening?

So basically, Rumple would be doing what he's doing for the sake of his son (and wife). Again.
I could see this happening. Hopefully, Henry won't become his great-grandfather or something!
Old 10-10-2017, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

There are 2 Rumple's

Oooo that is a damn good theory Seamstress.., although Henry/Rumple will be on opposing sides again.....

Old 10-10-2017, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, that appears to be the case.. At least for now.

I'm still thinking there are 2 Rumple's somehow.

icon by me
Old 10-10-2017, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

the more the better

Old 10-11-2017, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

Indeed!

icon by me
Old 10-12-2017, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

Bobby and Colin on set today

Also a video... Rogers seems pretty pissed.

Also, from Colin's interview:

Quote:
For now, Rogers will have a very different hurdle to face after being promoted to detective and being partnered with Weaver (Robert Carlyle), a.k.a Hook’s frenemy Rumplestiltskin. However, they might find common ground since both men are searching for someone, though whether it’s the same person remains to be seen. “Their relationship throughout the whole history of the show has been very, very complicated and there’s been a lot of anger and hatred there,” O’Donoghue says. “What you will see is two people trying to work together with a level of mistrust, and they probably shouldn’t be working together, but they have to. Rogers has a very, very clear-cut agenda and something that he wants to achieve or figure out in much the same way Weaver does. Neither really discuss it with each other at all. They’re withholding things from each other yet trying to work as closely together as they possibly can.”

Their working dynamic is made more complicated when they’re tasked by Victoria (Gabrielle Anwar) to push Henry out of Hyperion Heights — another clue Weaver may be in the pocket of the big bad. “Rogers doesn’t like it, but understands it,” O’Donoghue says. “That’s the pirate element of who he was — without him knowing it. The lines get blurred a little bit for Rogers at times. If there’s something that he needs to achieve, he won’t intentionally do the wrong thing, but he can dance on either side of that line. He knows that Weaver is the more senior detective. Rogers very much wants to find this person that he’s seeking. He’s hoping that by working with Weaver, he can do that, so he’s willing to bite the bullet and go along for the ride.”
X

So, both Weaver and Rogers are looking for someone (it may or may not be the same person), both are withholding things from each other, and they're trying to work together with a level of mistrust. I foresee a lot of bickering

I wonder who Weaver is looking for?

icon by me
Old 10-12-2017, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

Maybe Weaver is trying to find Belle???
While Rogers is trying to find Emma???

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 10-13-2017, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

That's what I'm thinking too

Thanks for all the info Seamstress

Intrigued that they are both looking for people , and also not trusting each other. Yep bickering aplenty coming up me thinks . I do wonder though if Rogers tried to help Weaver somehow in getting him out of Victoria's pocket

Just a couple more pics of filming yesterday of 6x09

source

Old 10-13-2017, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think we'll see Emma again this season after tonight, so I don't think Rogers is looking for her (and I think the writers already said his quest has nothing to do with Emma?). And I think the person Weaver is looking for is more likely Gideon than Belle (S1 parallel).

That said, I think the person Weaver is looking for has something to do with either Alice or the Tremaines... Maybe it's the missing stepsister, Anastasia?

Great pics there! The first one especially..

icon by me
Old 10-13-2017, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I thought so too and the car

Maybe it could be Gideon because of his time travel stuff, maybe he went there. I think Alice could be something to do this

i get the feeling Alice is a big part of what Weaver's storyline is

Closed Thread   Post New Thread