Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2016, 08:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnki (View Post)
I loved this season, although the ending wasn't my favorite. Probably my favorite season since season 2. I wasn't thrilled about the Dark Swan and then Dark Hook, but I liked seeing Rumple as an ordinary man and his growth in accepting himself. I was okay with him taking the Dark Ones' powers back, knowing that he never thought he'd see Belle again and that he felt it was the only way to survive the Underworld. And, unlike a lot of people, I enjoyed the underworld arc. I loved Greg Germann as Hades (although the blue hair was overdone ) and, while rather a stretch, the Hades and Zelena romance was interesting. I also loved Rumple confronting Belle, the whole "this is who I am and it's who you fell in love with, man and beast". I love his new sense of confidence.

What I didn't like in this season was Belle's treatment of Rumple. I know she was hurt by his actions in season 4, but I felt like she was very cruel to him several times. He hurt her, but it was truly unintentional. He should have known that she wouldn't agree with the things he was doing and he should have been honest with her, but he was desperate to be free of the dagger. She, on the other hand, on more than one occasion said or did things that deliberately hurt him. The thing I absolutely hated the most was a single sentence - Belle saying with such scorn that she'd darkened her soul, just to save Rumple. That line upsets me every time I think about it.

I hope in the upcoming season she'll be true to her word and not be upset by any of the measures Rumple has taken to free them from the contract and to wake her up. I hope she'll see that he was right, she does love both man and beast, and they can finally live happily ever after, more or less!

Oh, and as a p.s. to some of the other stuff that went on (is there anything else that matters besides Rumbelle?), it's a darn shame they killed off Robin and I really don't mind that Zeus returned Hook to the living!
I didn't particularly liked this season, but I loved Rumple's journey in it,definetely my favourite since the end of 3A.

As you, I think the "I darkened my soul just to save you" was probably my most hated line ever from Belle it sounds petty and egocentric, though I understand she wasn't in her right mind through most of 5B.

I loved Rumbelle and their interactions through the season though, besides some ill-placed lines, I understand where both of them were coming from. And Rumple also said some lines that made me like "I love this dagger, but I also love you" like it was an afterthought.

Oh well, we can't have it all and the writers amnesia might come in handy in S6

RoseBennett
confessor_meggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:50 AM
Loyal Fan

I am loving reading what everyone has to say and thank you for the kind comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
I loved Rumbelle and their interactions through the season though, besides some ill-placed lines, I understand where both of them were coming from. And Rumple also said some lines that made me like "I love this dagger, but I also love you" like it was an afterthought.
Even though I was glad he was being honest with her, I felt that this choice of dialogue, paired with the creepy music was showing that Rumple still has some growth (and hope) to go through.

Quote:
As you, I think the "I darkened my soul just to save you" was probably my most hated line ever from Belle it sounds petty and egocentric, though I understand she wasn't in her right mind through most of 5B.
I agree, Belle’s comment was painful for me to hear; I didn't think she actually meant it. I think she will regret it later in the same way Rumple values family far more than power. Its easier to blame someone else than admit our wrongdoings. Also made me think of how when a child does something good one parent will say “MY daughter made honor roll!” vs “YOUR daughter dented the side of the car” The choice of possessive pronoun is very telling here!

I’m actually glad this is happening (as long as its not too drawn out LOL). For several seasons Rumple has held Belle on a pedestal; she can do no wrong in his eyes and he tended to do the majority of the wrong in private. It was sweet that he saw her that way and that she trusted him to be a better man, but it wasn’t true, accurate , or sustainable for a healthy relationship. Now if they have any chance to be healthy and supportive, they are finally doing it by being honest and seeing/showing the real person inside.

They’ll struggle a bit, but I have complete faith that they will end up together
IrishWristWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Season 5 was a lot better than season 4 except Hook was brought back! I would rather have Neal and Robin's death was cruel!

We had a lot more Rumbelle even with Belle in a box this season.

The heroes have shown no growth this season and I hope they make it up to Belle and Rumple next season!

Belle and Rumple were hard on each other, Belle more so and I hope Rumple tells her everything that went down when he awakens her and gives her that wake up call she needs. These people are not her friends and there should be no villain or hero labels and just because a villain does something doesn't mean it is bad and just because a hero does something doesn't mean it is right! I want her and Rumple to work together on their marriage and raise their baby. I want Rumple to feel confident enough to make the sacrifice and end up turning the magic back to good and for Belle to grow up and out of those ideals that are making it harder for her and Rumple to work out. If she ever uses that knife on him again though, I am out!

Good analysis Irish!
Old 05-19-2016, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

for all the comments

Looking back Rumple was one of the characters who had the most journey throughout last season, an emotional up an down and it seems he is still fighting within himself...
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:57 AM
Master Fan

I agree wit you all.

And also Belle on her own. For once I was glad that though separated she had a good development on her own like in the FBs from TBATB and present HHH and next episode, unlike S4.

RoseBennett
Old 05-20-2016, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Yeah me too

What's your fave Rumple scene ?
Old 05-20-2016, 03:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Yeah me too

What's your fave Rumple scene ?
For all of season 5? Probably him pulling Excalibur from the stone with a look of amazement on his face and then throwing it at Emma's feet in disgust.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

definitely one for me

and also rumple going head to toe with the bear and also when Rumple tells Belle she fell in love with the man and the beast...
Old 05-22-2016, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

Is it bad of me if I say it was when he retrieved the crystal from Hades' ashes?

Nah, I think it was the bear scene for me too, I adored that episode

RoseBennett
Old 05-22-2016, 08:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Is it bad of me if I say it was when he retrieved the crystal from Hades' ashes?
I get it – he was “marking his territory”, very testosterony (is that even a word? ) of him . I can’t remember the title of the movie, but I remember a bad guy was taunting Clint Eastwood’s character and he responds “Yeah, I’ll think about that…while I’m p@#$ing on your grave” This just totally makes me think of that

Quote:
Nah, I think it was the bear scene for me too, I adored that episode
it gave me so much hope for them

Last edited by IrishWristWatch; 05-22-2016 at 10:30 AM
Old 05-22-2016, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

Same

Well, I was also gonna go with "THe scene where he walked sexily, but then realise I should have to decide between many, so I went with the crystal

RoseBennett
Old 05-22-2016, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

You could say whole season of walking

Quote:
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWristWatch (View Post)
it gave me so much hope for them
Me too
Old 05-23-2016, 06:08 AM
Master Fan

So let's reverse the question, which moment did you like him the less this season?

RoseBennett
Old 05-23-2016, 08:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
So let's reverse the question, which moment did you like him the less this season?
I was so mad (and shocked!) at him for taking the dark curse back on! It was so confusing to me, all that character growth for seemingly nothing? I needed time to think about it and it sure helped to talk with you guys. I’ve come to the conclusion that he is addicted to power, feels helpless without it (but probably wouldn’t have turned to it if Belle hadn’t left. Not that it was her fault, but I do think that had something to do with it). I feel like they want to show him purposely giving up power/magic for Belle and this is how they are going to do it, but we shall see…

I’m also mad at Rumple for telling Belle in the Uworld “Oh its ok I’m the DO! I’m cool with it! And you can be too!” No, it’s a curse! And it won’t end well! But of course he is being influenced by the curse to feel this way. I still think he is the one Merlin foresaw, he’s just too stubborn or influenced to see it yet. Its great that he is being completely honest with her, and I like him being magical, I just don’t want him under a curse any longer!

See, this is how good RC is, making me so mad at Rumple one moment, pulling for him so hard the next!

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 05-23-2016 at 01:04 PM
Old 05-23-2016, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
I'm thinking, I'm thinking....

Have to go along with Irish and say when Rumple said to Belle about he's cool with the DC, I thought Rumple not exactly the best thing to say at this point in time...
Reply   Post New Thread