Old 04-15-2017, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Once Upon A Time Discussion 6x17 "Awake"

6x17: Awake
April 16th, 2017 @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern

“Awake” — Still trapped in Neverland, Hook aligns himself with Tiger Lily, hoping to find a way back to Emma. Back in Storybook, Regina works to break the sleeping curse that David and Snow are under, and Gold denies The Black Fairy, which brings the two of them to a fearsome impasse. In flashbacks, we learn what Snow and Charming sacrificed in order for Emma to fulfill her destiny as the Savior.

PROMOS:

RULES :

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Enjoy!

crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

So hit and miss I thought on this episode, anyways...

Rumple:
- So mother and son met at last. Wonderful scene, the black fairy seems to want to reunited her family, I thought that's a bloody cheek since you gave up Rumple. Also Gideon announcing his presence with him being the one who brought her through. Really liked the stand-off vibe in the scene...
- Aww S1 Rumple, loved the parrell when he mentioned Emma's name and did give me S1 vibes which was and we got a Charming/Rumple scene
- Great end scene with Rumple and the Black Fairy. Love that Rumple knew she had Gideon's heart and the battle lines are now drawn. Can't wait for the battle to begin

Other stuff:
- Quite liked Tiger Lilly, interesting that she was a fairy. Wonder if we're going to know more about her dealing with the Black Fairy
- that we got a Belle/Gideon scene however short. Seeing the hurt in Gideon's face when Belle said 'you can come back to us'
- Aww the S1 feelings I had harking back to S1, but I have a serious problem with the reconning of S1 . Why do that and isn't SB supposed to have no magic???
- Good Snowing scene in the eppy, but the sleeping curse can be split , so we are knowing this know!!, considering how many sleeping curses there have been throughout the seasons...

Great Rumple family scenes and am so looking forward to the next segment of their story
Old 04-17-2017, 06:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)

Rumple:
- So mother and son met at last. Wonderful scene, the black fairy seems to want to reunited her family,
I have a bad feeling its because she wants to use them,not because she is interested in reconciliation

Quote:
- Great end scene with Rumple and the Black Fairy. Love that Rumple knew she had Gideon's heart and the battle lines are now drawn. Can't wait for the battle to begin
So glad he figured it out!

Quote:
- Quite liked Tiger Lilly, interesting that she was a fairy. Wonder if we're going to know more about her dealing with the Black Fairy
I found her quite interesting, hope we see more of her too

Last nights epi seemed too rushed to me, but if this is the shows last season, or they are wrapping things up for a “reboot” they do have to quickly finish up several storylines. I was torn on the “shared sleeping curse cure”; one the one hand that was beautiful that everyone was willing to take a chance to help wake them up (“we’re all in this together” kind of thing). But on the other hand, it was kind of like watching a group suicide, they could all be putting themselves into a permanent sleep with no cure, kinda morbid for this show

I am really liking this dark hero, anti hero thing rumple got going on. He’s smart, figuring out why there was one poppy left and the BF didn’t count on him figuring it out! A chink in her armor already! If I was Rumple I’d be worried sick about Belle right now, he better put her heart somewhere safe! (Hmmm did he put a protection spell on it when he returned it to her in S4?) Rumple in this epi wanted Emma to save the town so everyone’s lives would be set right and desperately wants to rescue his son from the BF’s grip, love seeing this play out!
IrishWristWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWristWatch (View Post)
I have a bad feeling its because she wants to use them,not because she is interested in reconciliation
Yeah me too

It did seem rushed to me as well, the show has such a problem with pace...show dropping the major storyline for a eppy or two when he should be in every eppy whether small or big scene. Also they could have got to have Snowing released from the curse maybe in the space of 2 eppy's, not crammed into one..

Yeah I think Rumple will be as well. Belle may well be in serious danger
Old 04-17-2017, 06:59 PM
Passionate Fan

edited by Mod

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 04-18-2017 at 04:55 AM
Grace52373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Grace - I've had to edit your post as the OP says, can you please stay neutral with the characters please and no insulating
Old 04-18-2017, 11:32 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Grace - I've had to edit your post as the OP says, can you please stay neutral with the characters please and no insulating
Um was it because of the review I linked? I don't remember if I put anything else in or not. Insulating? Do you mean insinuating or insulting?
Old 04-18-2017, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

It was because of your comment about what the characters were doing and it was sickening.. if you have any comments please PM me

Anyways it was great seeing Mr Gold again too, the suave man, not sure where you stand with him and the cane
Old 04-18-2017, 01:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
It was because of your comment about what the characters were doing and it was sickening.. if you have any comments please PM me

Anyways it was great seeing Mr Gold again too, the suave man, not sure where you stand with him and the cane
Okay.