Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Once Upon A Time Discussion 5x21 "Last Rites"

5x21: Last Rites
May 8th, 2016 @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern

Description:
Emma, David, Regina, Robin and Henry are finally back home in Storybrooke and reunited with Snow,
but, unfortunately, they still have to contend with Hades, who continues to deceive Zelena as he lays
out his plan to use the all-powerful Olympian Crystal to take over the town. The heroes desperately
search for a way to defeat Hades while Hook does the same in the Underworld, looking for those
missing storybook pages. Regina and Robin take a more direct approach, which culminates in
an epic showdown that will leave our heroes forever changed.

PROMO:

RULES:
+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Enjoy!

crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Nervous about this one
Old 05-08-2016, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

Me too, booze is ready

RoseBennett
confessor_meggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Nervous about this one
Same.. Even the title of the episode is ominous, lol.

icon by me
Seamstress90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

I haven't watched the Rumple scenes yet. So can't really comment other than Moe is a horrible

But I did watch the Robin and Hades death scenes because I couldn't help myself.

I mean wow...did Robin of all characters really have to go down like that? Dying is one thing, but after an entire arc of watching certain characters happily move on and be at peace (which Robin deserved more than some who did move on), seeing his soul disintegrate and knowing he would never move on was sickening. And I say this as someone who didn't even like Robin.

I guess A&E did that to deflect any questions of why isn't Robin worth saving after death if Hook is (which he wasn't IMO), but to "end" a loving father of two who was a genuinely good character that way was awful. He can't watch over his kids, will never be reunited with his loved ones, will never be at peace. Just awful.

What show about "hope" do A&E think they're making?
This actually made me lose hope in the endings of the characters whom I like.

And Hook and Emma deliriously making out basically on Robin's grave was

When Hades died I laughed. Not because I wanted to see the character die or anything, but the overacting (at least IMO) during that part of the scene was just plain funny.
Zades being this ridiculously rushed couple who shared TLK and then one killed the other only hours later completely cheapened the whole idea of TL for the entire show. Way to go A&E...

Lana was flawless in her performance. She can make anything compelling.

But overall I think certain things that happened in this episode are going to turn off a lot of the GA and make them lose hope in this show. Even if you didn't like him, what happened to Robin informs us on how some of our favorites might "end".
Old 05-08-2016, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

Disgusting and awful, though I'll.get into.a.better description tomorrow.

But Rumple and sand was.good

RoseBennett
Old 05-08-2016, 09:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
But Rumple and sand was.good
Rumple/Sand is my new OTP.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Rumple is the only one worth watching in this episode. Honestly though this proved he is the only one who truly loves Belle! Henry and the others weren't even concerned on whether or not she was left in the UW!!!

Trashy episode! R.I.P. Robin! Rumple do your worst!
Old 05-09-2016, 04:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)
That's how bad it was but yes, Golden Sand is the new official!!!

RoseBennett
Old 05-09-2016, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)

I don't know really what to say about this episode , anyways I'll try

- Rumple!! , best thing about this episode by a country mile and he was only in it for about 5 mins. I did love when he said to Hades about being in his kingdom now and also what does he want with that crystal .
- The Rumple/Moe showdown: Moe you deserve worst Dad award, how can you not even want to wake your daughter up, think she be best in a sleeping curse . I'm glad Rumple didn't tell him about the baba, and did he forget he gave Belle away at Rumbelle's wedding
- Hades, what was the point, seriously this could have been wrapped up in about 3 episodes, but they dragged and dragged it out. I have to say over acting on the dying there. Best thing Zelana has done was killing him, but yes waste of an arch.
- Robin , RIP and that sucks, now Roland has no mama or papa and the baby got named after him . Loved what he said about Zelana earlier in the episode. It seems everyone has got some memory lose with what Zelana has done.

That's all I can say really.....
Old 05-09-2016, 06:19 AM
Master Fan

I agree Tracey. I'd do the usual Like/Unlike comment but basically it would look like

Unlike:
Everything

Like:
Golden Sand OTP, Rumple's shoes and swagger walking, cane of feelings being back.

On a side note, it's true that Moe gave her away at the wedding, but there was S4 in the middle, so I guess Moe's renewed dislike for Rumple is justified. What is not is that he's taking away Belle's agency again, this time even worse since he doesn't want her memoryless, just un-existent. He's basically saying I'd rather she be dead than with you, like seriously, what kind of parent does that

But at least on a positive note, from the promo it looks like there's a Golden Queen scene next episode. LIKE, FINALLY SHOW!

RoseBennett
Old 05-09-2016, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Moe just made me last night, amongst other things. I thought no matte what you would help your daughter but no!

and yes finally!!
Old 07-26-2016, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 07-26-2016, 10:57 AM
Master Fan

Shouldn't have messed in his kingdom

RoseBennett
Old 07-26-2016, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...