Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-29-2002, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

Bad Boy Justin Timberlake Admits He...

By Cathryn Conroy, Netscape News Editor
...smoked pot. At least, that's what Justin himself told men's magazine FHM,
which was then picked up by The Sun Online Newspaper in the United Kingdom.
Boy band heartthrob Justin Timberlake said he smoked a cannabis cigar after
'N Sync recorded the single "Girlfriend" with rap star Nelly. And the way
Justin tells it, it was all Nelly's doing that undid him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Justin Tightlipped About Whether 'River' Flows From Britney

'Cry Me a River' will be second single from Justified, due November 5.

By Corey Moss, with additional reporting by SuChin Pak

Justin Timberlake's second single may or may not be about his old flame.

"Cry Me a River," which the 'NSYNC star co-wrote with producers Timbaland and Scott Storch (Dr. Dre, Pink), addresses relationship woes, but that's about all the singer will reveal.

"I'm not going to specifically say if any song is about anybody," Timberlake insisted recently in New York. "I will say writing a couple of songs on the record helped me deal with a couple of things. To me songs are songs. They can stem from things that completely happened to you personally or they can stem from ideas that you think could happen to you."

While Justified, due November 5, is jam-packed with dancefloor ditties, like the first single, "Like I Love You," there are moments where Justin wears his heart on his sleeve. "Cry Me a River" and "Last Night" are the most obvious examples.

"It was therapeutic, completely," Timberlake said of recording the tracks. "I got some stuff off my chest, I got some ideas down that I wanted to try. So creatively, personally, spiritually, physically, mentally, sexually, it was a very satisfying experience."

Timberlake is filming the video for "Cry Me a River" in Malibu, California, this week with veteran director Francis Lawrence, best know for his Aerosmith epics and for staging a car crash in P.O.D.'s "Alive". Neither Timberlake's nor Lawrence's publicists would reveal the concept of the clip.

The video will debut November 25, while the single is slated to hit airwaves November 11, according to Jive Records.

This report is from MTV News
Old 10-31-2002, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

Hi everyone,

1) By now, I hope you're all enjoying the current issue of the fan club
newsletter highlighting the past few months of activities that *NSYNC has
been involved with, especially CFTC in Orlando this past July.

2) Lance is back in the USA after successfully completing his training in
Russia. He is fully certified to take a future space journey and hopes to
be able to be on one tentatively planned for April 2003. We congratulate
Lance on all his hard work and determination to see this project through.

3) Justin will be coming out with his solo CD, "Justified" on November 5. His
TRL appearance on November 5th will be in support of the new album. He'll be
back in the TRL studio on November 25th to drop his second single from
"Justified" titled "Cry Me a River". A Limited Edition digi pack CD of
"Justified" will be available on November 5th but you'll probably need to get to
your retail store on the first day of sales or pre-order as it was printed in a
very limited edition. Don't miss out on it!

Check out these
Justin appearances.....

don't miss his appearance TONIGHT!!:

10/31 NBC-Jay Leno 11:35 PM
11/2 MTV-Host-The Hook Up 8:00 PM
11/4 ABC-20/20 Interview 8:00 PM
11/5 * Release Day* TRL performance 3:30 PM
11/7 BET-106 + Park 6:00 PM
11/9 MTV-Launch 8:00 PM
11/23 Nickelodeon-All That 8:00 PM
11/25 MTV- TRL performance 3:30 PM

4) Chris just finished doing a voice over for another episode of
"Fairly Odd Parents". He also recently appeared on the "Best Damn Sports Show".

5) JC is putting the finishing touches on a song from the movie "Drumline"
which he collaborated with known producer Dallas Austin.

6) The staff at CFTC say "thanks" for not sending *NSYNC fan mail to their
location in Orlando. They've noticed a substantial decrease in the amount of
mail that they need to ship up to us in Bellingham, and this of course, this
gives them more time to concentrate on their work involving the charity.

If you would like to make a donation to CFTC we ask that you
send your individual donation by check or money order to:

CFTC Charity Donation
PO Box 692349
Orlando, FL
USA 32819

Thanks for your support!

7) Keep checking in to the fan club web pages (FOR MEMBERS ONLY) area for new
and confirmed information or alerts. We were swamped last week with rumors that
JC had got married!! Honestly, we don't know where these things get started??
JC is NOT married!! Rest easy!!

8) Make sure to check out the "Refer A Friend" contest in the latest
newsletter. The guys are excited about giving some lucky fan club member a
personal phone call!! We appreciate your help with this fan club membership
drive. Help us spread the word!

9) Check out the exclusive fan club t-shirt!! Fans have expressed the
desire for an official fan club t-shirt since the club started up three
years ago. It took us a while to get all the approvals to get this idea off the
ground but we're really happy with the result!! We hope you like the design and
will support the sale of these through the fan club web pages online or by
mailing in your order. These are ONLY available for purchase through the fan
club!

On behalf of *NSYNC and all of us here at the fan club we wish you all a fun and
safe Happy Hallowe'en!!!
Old 11-05-2002, 01:23 AM
Master Fan

KIIS FM Jingle Ball:

tixs go onsale for kiis fm members, on Friday, Nov 8 @ 10am and to the public on Saturday, nov 9.@ 10am through ticketmaster. the concert is scheduled
for thursday December 19.. at the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim, CA www.kiisfm.com for more info..

Artist Lineup:

Destiny's Child
Goo Goo Dolls
Kylie Minogue
Avril Lavigne
From American Idol: Kelly Clarkson & Justin Guarini
Nick Carter
Paul Oakenfold

special performances by:

Mariah Carey
and
Justin Timberlake
Old 11-08-2002, 02:53 AM
Master Fan

Timberlake Will Tour, But Not Until Summer

Justin tightlipped on whether he'll be working with 'NSYNC again soon.

Now that Justified is in stores, fans may be wondering whether Justin Timberlake will tour behind the record or go back to the studio.

And the answer is ... both.

Timberlake said Friday at the release party for Justified that he'll definitely hit the road, but his Jive Records spokesperson said it wouldn't be until late next summer.

When Timberlake returns to the studio in the meantime, it may or may not be with 'NSYNC. Asked if the group would release another album, he answered, "I think so. You know, you kind of have to follow the creativity wherever it goes."

Timberlake later implied that his creativity is heading in the way of collaborations. Although he wouldn't reveal any details, it has been confirmed that he'll be featured on Mariah Carey's new Charmbracelet.

"I'm working on some stuff right now, but I don't want to say too much about it, just in case," he said. "You know, sometimes legal stuff gets in the way of that. I've been working with a lot of people, though."

For the last few weeks, however, Timberlake has spent all his time promoting Justified, including a concert in New York on Tuesday night (see "Justin, Avril And More Celebrate 'What's Next' At Teen People Concert") and his lavish release party, which featured go-go dancers and an ice sculpture of the "JT" logo on the CD.

"I have to thank the guys in 'NSYNC for that because if we wouldn't have sold those records, Jive wouldn't have had the money to make this party happen, so thanks, guys," Timberlake joked at the party.

Although you might expect him to be a little nervous about the album, especially going up against the "8 Mile" soundtrack, Timberlake said all he's feeling is confidence.

"I made the best possible album that I could make," he explained. "I'm happy with it. I'm not going to sit here and say it's the new sound and it's the whatever you wanna call it. It's just totally me and it's fun. I can make that promise. It is a fun record to listen to."

Justified's second single, "Cry Me a River," will be released later this month.

— Corey Moss, with additional reporting by Nick Zano

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JC Chasez Wants Your Opinion, But Keep It On The Download

'NSYNC star gathering feedback on solo material online.

By Corey Moss

JC Chasez is recording solo material and he wants you to critique it.

The 'NSYNC star said on Friday that he's close to releasing some material on OnlyArtist.com, the new Web venture he was promoting on his T-shirt at the MTV Video Music Awards.

"I am releasing original material on there as an experiment, a writer's experiment," Chasez explained at a party to celebrate the release of Justin Timberlake's debut solo album. "What happens is I'll release a song or whatever, then I get feedback, and like ... it's an open forum for criticism on writing ideas and stuff."

Currently the site offers only a registration form, but a full launch is planned.

In the meantime, one of Chasez's songs, "Blowing Me Up (With Her Love)," will be released to radio in early December. The song will be included on the soundtrack to the upcoming movie "Drumline," due December 10.

Though Dallas Austin, producer of "Drumline" and its soundtrack, said he expected Chasez to release a solo album, JC said his Web site is his top priority. Second to Timberlake, Chasez has been the most hands-on member of 'NSYNC, co-writing material and standing out in concert.

Timberlake's Justified was released Tuesday.

Old 11-08-2002, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Jill for the info. I'll have to check out that JC info and go see if I can put my imput. I love his song and can't wait for that soundtrack to come out. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 11-13-2002, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Heard somewhere that a *NSYNC DVD/Video will be released in December, but that it's their videos. I really wish it would be the Celebrity DVD. I really want to see that concert again. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Going to nsync.com to see if its posted anywhere. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Didn't see anything..but maybe it's for fan club peeps only. OH well! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-13-2002: Message edited Josh'sTexasGal ]

icon by jess
Old 11-20-2002, 08:57 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Timberlake Breaks Foot, Cancels Two Weeks Of Appearances
11.19.2002 2:24 PM EST

Justin Timberlake now has a broken limb to match the broken heart he sings about on Justified.

'NSYNC's first solo star broke his foot earlier this week while rehearsing for several upcoming television performances and has canceled all promotional events scheduled for the next two weeks. Details on how the injury occurred were not available.

"I am sorely disappointed that I must miss any scheduled events," Timberlake said in a statement. "However, I must adhere to my physician's recommendations and rest. I look forward to being able to perform again and hope to see all my fans soon."

Timberlake will miss an appearance Wednesday at Much Music's "Live@Much" and a co-hosting and performing gig Sunday at the Smash Hits Poll Winners Party in London, among other events.

Timberlake is still scheduled to perform at the Billboard Music Awards on December 9 in Las Vegas.
From mtv.com/news

[ 11-20-2002: Message edited MiAjeM3 ]
Old 11-24-2002, 02:52 PM
Absolute Fan

thnx for the info [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] sup ya'll?
Old 11-28-2002, 12:12 AM
Master Fan

I dont know if it was announced last week or this week, but the song that Justin did with Mariah Carey on her new album will not be going through, says MTV. It'll either be canned all together or just Mariah singing the song.

Well..aint that a...nevermind. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 11-29-2002, 12:05 AM
Absolute Fan

the song justin did with mariah won't be on the cd, but i believe that it will be on the single cd or remix cd for "yours" (something like that)
Old 12-05-2002, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Lance Bass and Emmanuelle Chriqui put it all on the line.

Lancie poo looks sun kissed. [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2002, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the pics. Yeah, his face is all burned. Poor Lance.

icon by jess
Old 12-12-2002, 07:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

N'Sync Attend Unveiling of Their Wax Figures at Madame Tussand's
December 11, 2002 - Madame Tussands Wax Museum
New York City, New York United States

Justin Timberlake
The N'Sync wax figures at Madame Tussand's
Chris Kirkpatrick
JC Chasez
Joey Fatone
Chris Kirkpatrick
Chris Kirkpatrick and Lance Bass
Joey Fatone
Joey Fatone and Justin Timberlake

Lance Bass

N'Sync and their wax figures

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 12-12-2002: Message edited Annette ]
Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
--John F. Kennedy Inaugural Address Washington, D.C. January 20, 1961
Old 12-13-2002, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

Justin And Britney At War, Magazine Cover Story Declares

Us Weekly's latest cover story declares 'The War Is On.'

In just eight months' time, Justin Timberlake's feelings toward former love Britney Spears have gone from hurt to hate. At least that's what Us Weekly alleges in its current cover story, "Britney Vs. Justin: The War Is On."

The article, which surfaced on New York newsstands Wednesday and will be available nationwide Friday, suggests that pop music's hottest couple are feuding like the Hatfields and the McCoys, singling out Timberlake's video for "Cry Me a River" as the latest, and loudest, bomb dropped.

The video, which premiered November 25, features 18-year-old model/actress Lauren Hastings playing what could only be construed as a Britney look-alike in a newsboy cap and tinted pink sunglasses, accessories Britney has been known to wear. Timberlake is seen spying on his supposed ex getting into a car with another man, and subsequently plots his revenge. He breaks into her sprawling house and leaves a tape of himself half-heartedly making out with another woman running on her TV.

Although Timberlake has professed that nearly every career choice is his own, he told a "TRL" audience on the day the video premiered that the idea for the "Cry Me a River" clip came from director Francis Lawrence. And while the clip's sentiment that Britney cheated on Justin (with choreographer Wade Robson, Us says, but Robson denies it) might be unmistakable to some fans, the 'NSYNC singer skirted around what everyone wanted to hear by saying, "The video is not about her. The video is about me."

Spears, meanwhile, won't fess up to the connection either. Calling in to "TRL" on Friday, she denied there was even a resemblance between herself and her supposed doppelganger. "The last time I looked in the mirror, I didn't think I really looked like her." When asked what she thought of the clip, Spears would only say, "Boys will be boys."

Despite this, the article quotes a friend of Spears as saying Timberlake employed the tabloid tactic purely for publicity because his album, Justified, wasn't selling as well as expected. (His solo debut has sold more than 1 million copies after five weeks). Another family source said that Britney and her mom, Lynne, are having a good chuckle over the whole thing.

While the Us Weekly article chiefly focuses on the "Cry Me a River" video to support its cover claim, other munitions incidents are cited. In October, Britney was seen in London wearing a T-shirt that read, "Dump Him," which provoked some to insist it was a message to Timberlake's alleged current girlfriend, actress Alyssa Milano, though the popular sloganeering top is readily available at many retail shops. And she was also spotted hanging around Timberlake's supposed rival, Backstreet Boy Nick Carter.

While promoting Justified, Timberlike slyly revealed intimate details concerning the couple's sex life he had to know would get her attention, since she publicly proclaimed her chastity years ago. During a New York radio interview, he admitted to having oral sex with Spears, and during his 20/20 tell-all, he blatantly hinted that the two have had intercourse. In a Details magazine December cover story, Timberlake took shots at Spears' career choices, saying "If she had a clue, she wouldn't have made ['Crossroads']."

Us steals some of its own thunder, however, by including instances that suggest their parting was amicable. The piece notes that Timberlake said he "would never ever do anything to disrespect [Britney] or degrade her," in an interview with Rosie O'Donnell in April, after citing a quote from Spears saying that the pair "still talk all the time," though they consciously avoided each other at the Teen Choice Awards in August. A source from the Timberlake camp told the magazine that Spears invited Justin to her birthday party on December 2 in her childhood home in Kentwood, Louisiana.

Neither Spears nor Timberlake's spokespeople would comment on the article. "We're just going to continue to take the high road," a Spears rep told Us, and neither camp returned MTV News' calls by press time.

In the two and a half years since Us magazine increased its frequency to become Us Weekly, the publication has garnered a reputation for running fantastic headlines without any confirmation from the parties involved. Recent cover stories claimed that Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe were an item, and that Eminem and Kim Mathers were back together. The magazine's source in the Kidman-Crowe piece later admitted he lied about seeing the two involved at a Mexican resort because he was drunk and simply told Us' writer what the reporter wanted to hear. And Eminem's people wouldn't comment on whether the volatile couple have resurrected their romance.

Old 12-14-2002, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

I saw the wax stuff on MTV, really cool! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]

And... A little bit of trash... [img]smilies/evil_laugh.gif[/img]

The New York Daily News reports Yankee Roger Clemens escorted a
gaggle of Hooters waitresses to Spa, where he was joined by fellow
Yankee Derek Jeter and *NSYNC star Lance Bass in the VIP section. The
group danced together until 5 a.m.