Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2016, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Episode Discussion: 2x16 "The Lyon Who Cried Wolf" [May 4th]

2x16
"The Lyon Who Cried Wolf"

The discovery of a dark secret by Andre threatens to sabotage Lucious' deeply personal music video about his mother; Hakeem and Jamal put everything at risk to pursue secretive affairs; and Rhonda begins to piece together the identity of her attacker.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

Oh no 2 episodes left until the finale. I'm a lil bit worried what we're gonna do then during the hiatus and especially how long the hiatus will be

thanks for starting the new thread so can't wait to watch this episode
Old 05-03-2016, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah they hiatus will be painful as usual. I'm sure we'll have a lot to discuss though.
This upcoming episode looks great; upsetting you have to wait awhile to watch it.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:03 AM
Elite Fan

I will probably watch it on Thursday already because we don't have classes this week
Old 05-04-2016, 08:17 AM
Master Fan

2 eps left, just reveal who pushed Rhonda M'kay
Old 05-04-2016, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
I will probably watch it on Thursday already because we don't have classes this week
I hope so.
Jaye I hope to find out as a cliffhanger or something!
Old 05-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Andre playing bingo with his grandmother Leah Walker.

Nice to see Hakeem and Jamal doing a song together again and of course Becky as the best supporter.
Becky and Jamal reaction when Hakeem named Tiana to sing the girl part in the music. I'd think Laura would have an issue but I do agree with Hakeem that it is just bsuiness.

Loving Cookie fashion to start off the episode

The introduction of D-Major character, the "god" of the ASA's
Love seeing the classic Cookie in this episode.She is awesome as a Co-CEO for sure!

Nice to see Porsha and Becky friendship on screen for once. I've been seeing it a lot during their little Youtube series.

Nice to hear Cookie really name again in, "Loretha" because of course that's what Candace will always know Cookie as and I'm with Candace for being so through with raising Carol's kids. lol

Jamal and D-Major. I'm sure Lucious wouldn't be happy with that.
Of course Hakeem checking Tiana out... we have to remember they sure did date for a bit so I guess I can see how unresolved feelings can be there and from Tiana part it's obvious. From Hakeem's part, it shows he shouldn't be married. lol

This family can't ever get a long for a long period of time. lol I liked Cookie telling everyone off.
Wow. the scene with Andre brought Leah Walker in the room....

Well technically Lucious is right that he never lied about anything... because I don't remember an episode where Lucious said "Leah Walker killed herself..." he just talked about the gun she pointed to her head.

I do like Laura but Laura can't be on all of Hakeem song duets because they are thinking, however her concern is completely valid.

I understand Andre's concern but he really doesn't know anything about his grandmother. So to force the family to have to put up with Leah was bizzare to me. Just because someone has the same mental illness, it doesn't make them the same person but we'll see...

Harper Scott might be in danger... riding in a care with Thirsty? it doesn't looking good. lol

I'm confused by the writers direction with Jamal's love life? To Michael, to Skye, the interesting stuff with Michael last week and now the new thing with D-Major...I need some kind of stability. lol
D-Major isn't out to the public. No surprise.

I loved that scene with Lucious and Cookie. Cookie is so correct when she said she should be the one who's drinking after everything she's went through. lol
So Carol helped Lucious killed a few people when Cookie was in prison and of course some guy was secretly spying as an detective and seemingly heard everything.

Wow the box almost fell in Rhonda. Now she finally know that she was pushed! Finally! Of course Anika is the first one to find out about Rhonda's discovery.

Loved that piano scene with Leah and Lucious! it sure inspired a great Lyon song for the ASA's. Just awesome. Song from the heart is the most perfect songs.
This probably was the best Lyon scene in quite a while even if Andre wasn't a part of it. Sadly it seems like he is never a part of the best light-hearted Lyon scenes.

Oh it seems like the "stalker" is a person Carol knows in Tariq who use to work with the NYPD.
Also yup... Tariq was lying when he said he quit all that stuff. He is working with the FBI now and is waiting to get some answers, so, the best way to do that is get Carol drunk enough to reveal the truth. That makes the most sense.

Loved the ASA's performance with the Lyon family and I think Hakeem verse was my favorite for sure. Just a overall great song.

D-Major = Derek. Nice to know that!
Also it seems that Derek and Jamal will be having a secret relationship since Derek is trapped in the closest and Jamal is out of the closest.

So it's really Anika ? Wow it was so predictable and it's really her! I always knew it would be the shoes to give it away! I still want to see the face of the person who pushed her but the shoes seemed to have given it away and I liked how Rhonda knows but is keeping it to herself right now. Best to wait to leave and then tell.

Wow this Leah and Lucious scene is scary... hopefully she doesn't stab him with the knife.
This shows you why Lucious is the way he is, the mentally and physical abuse from his mother turned him to the man he is today.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:18 AM
New Fan

What an episode!!

Whoa ....Mama is full blown psychotic, maybe even slightly schizophrenic. She is this sweet, feebile, little old lady one moment and then the next she is holding a knife to her son at 3am making him eat cake. Kind of poetic, the "eating cake" scenario with Beethoven's 7the symphony as background music to underscore the dynamic between Lucious and his mother

Of course now I totally understand why Lucious had to have her committed and placed in a group home like she was. Andre in his quest to find his self worth should have spoken with his father first. Maybe had Rhonda not killed Vernon with the candlestick Andre would have been able to go to Vernon and have it explained as to why Lucious placed her there all those years and why he told everyone she was dead. Lucious truly is afraid of her and for good reason.

I knew the minute that Andre revealed that Harper Scott was the one who lead him to Leah Walker, her death warrant was essentially signed. Ciao baby!!

Seems that Carol's old friend from the neighborhood is a Fed. Clearly he heard Candace and Carol talking about how Carol had Lucious kill some people so now the Feds are going to be going investigating him again. I guess Thirsty is going to earn his money defending Lucious if the Feds bring charges against him yet again. Lucious is teflon, much the same way that John Gotti was dubbed "The Teflon Don" during his mob trials. Nothing will stick to him.

Rhonda "feeling" the push after being pushed out of the way of a falling box shows she is getting her memory slowly back from her tumble down the stairs. I know people are going to say that Anika did it but I still don't think it was her. She certainly isn't the only one that could afford Louboutins that's for sure. My top suspect is still Roxanne Ford or possibly that assistant at the mayor's office that Andre was once involved with. I just don't think that Anika is the type to push someone. Also she isn't asking for $$$ and Lucious when he visited her offered her $10 million first and when she turned that down he offered the mansion and trust fund but she turned that down. I don't think she is looking for $$$. Heck her mother and father could support her if need be because they are wealthy as well. I'm just not convinced that she is the one to have pushed Rhonda. I'm also NOT convinced that Hakeem is the baby's father. If you remember back to the episode when Hakeem was kidnapped, Anika was walking to her condo/townhouse/brownstone and on the phone with her mother. At that point she was almost in tears saying to her mother that she didn't know what she was going to do so at that point she was clearly pregnant. It wasn't that long after she was with both Lucious and Hakeem so my thought is possibly this could be Lucious's child as well. She didn't get pregnant from Hakeem after the kidnapping it was before. It's just way too obvious for her to be the pusher and all this set up will make for the least climactic reveal ever. It definitely wouldn't be an OMG moment for sure if Anika were revealed to be the real pusher.

All in all an excellent episode and absolutely loved "Chasing The Sky" with Lucious, Jamal and Hakeem. That song is absolutely beautiful and could be the biggest hit to come out of Empire since the show began.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibabe12 (View Post)
Maybe had Rhonda not killed Vernon with the candlestick Andre would have been able to go to Vernon and have it explained as to why Lucious placed her there all those years and why he told everyone she was dead. Lucious truly is afraid of her and for good reason.

Seems that Carol's old friend from the neighborhood is a Fed. Clearly he heard Candace and Carol talking about how Carol had Lucious kill some people so now the Feds are going to be going investigating him again.

Rhonda "feeling" the push after being pushed out of the way of a falling box shows she is getting her memory slowly back from her tumble down the stairs. I know people are going to say that Anika did it but I still don't think it was her. It's just way too obvious for her to be the pusher and all this set up will make for the least climactic reveal ever. It definitely wouldn't be an OMG moment for sure if Anika were revealed to be the real pusher.

All in all an excellent episode and absolutely loved "Chasing The Sky" with Lucious, Jamal and Hakeem. That song is absolutely beautiful and could be the biggest hit to come out of Empire since the show began.
Yup because Vernon is the person who Andre went to when he couldn't go to his father so it's too bad he's dead.

He clearly heard Candace and Carol talk about Lucious killings. That's why you don't talk about serious stuff like that in such a public setting. lol

I completely agree on Anika. I want to believe it's Anika because ever single sign points to it being her but my goodness is this the most obvious reveal ever. lolol I am also thinking that it's going to be a spin to this story in the season finale. However, if it turns out to be Anika than I'm with you with it being the least climactic reveal ever, and it'd make upset that they couldn't just show us who it was to begin with....

I want to jump on the "It's definitely Anika" train but I still need more proof... like a flashback of the face. Until I see the face of the pusher, I'm holding off all judgement.

I agree with that song.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Love the family song, its so much better then last season group song. Cool Hakeem chose Tiana to be on his song, their duets are great, Lauara stop hating lol, she's starting to act really insecure no matter how much Hakeem tells her she don't have to worry about Tiana.

Great seeing the sisters again, Candice always sparks a nerve with cookie, Luciious mom is cray I do see now why he fears her, she woke him up in the dead of night to feed him cake? he still obey her, she has a psychological hold on him and that reporter chick is paying the price for reveling his mom location, I loved when Lucious and his mom sang at the piano.

I could do without the gay scene, it was a bit much, don't get me wrong its perfectly fine for Jamal to have relationships or hook ups but its not really necessary to show the details, we get the point without it. Porsha promoted but Cookie still let her know its what ever she wants her to do

Anika shoes are not the only pair in the world so that was just a tease, she is the obvious choice but I think it goes further than that, maybe some one is setting her up?
Old 05-05-2016, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

omg what was that last scene? I couldn't take it serious at all.. the music, Lucious eating the cake, and that lady's acting ... I actually laughed at it

I knew something like that will happen, that lady was shadyand creepy imo all the time Lucious was right when he said to Andre that she is not like him

FINALLY; Finally we know Anika pushed Rhonda down the stairs... thanks god we found out because Tia was already making theories that Hakeem or Andre did it

Laura it was annoying when she started saying that she should sing with him but then again... I feel like she is right when she said she doesn't trust Tiana... Tiana was weird in that scene with Hakeem... like she was jealous and wanted him back or so

COOKIE in that red dress, wow Taraji has never looked better than in that scene imo

I LOVED this episode tbh it is one of the best episodes of s2 for me
Old 05-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nice you watched it a bit earlier as usual, Issi.

As many people (other than me) believes. Anika is too obvious so this episode really didn't confirm anything to me at all. Besides the fact that Anika has the same shoes as the person who pushed Rhonda....

At this point, I need to see the pusher's face. Until then, we do not know who pushed Rhonda.

I just don't see the point of all this suspense for us to not know? It's not even shocking because everyone in the world assume she did it....
I feel there has to be more to this story...
Old 05-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

What has me confused too is why would Anika wear the shoes again if she knows that Rhonda could recognize them? I mean, she knows what shoes she wore that day and that Rhonda saw them

someone posted on tumblr

Rhonda: Someone pushed me down the stairs.
Anika:

Last edited by De Medici Queen; 05-05-2016 at 04:11 PM
Old 05-05-2016, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah I posted that on the Anika thread a few weeks ago and that was so on point.
I don't believe Anika pushed her but that picture is so on point to how Anika's reaction came off to the viewers. lol

I think the pusher never assumed that Rhonda saw the shoes.
I just want to see the face of the person who did the crime and then I can really talk about it. lol
Old 05-06-2016, 02:56 PM
Elite Fan

I still laugh so much at that post and "anika's reaction"

hmm, maybe I want to believe that it's Anika because I don't like her but then again, maybe it's really someone else